TLC guy telling in a interview the will annouce the final device at the Mobile World Congress in Barcalona

SO IT'S OFFICIAL
    Last edited by whatsever; 01-06-17 at 05:38 PM.
    WT44 and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    01-06-17 05:10 PM
    Cool, let see if they make any last minute changes.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 05:18 PM
    If the device is announced at MWC, how long before it's available for purchase?
    01-06-17 05:27 PM
    One year.

Posted via CB10
    PALoeza, JD_CB and ominaxe like this.
    01-06-17 05:32 PM
    probably within 30 days. This isnt like BB of old where it would be 3+ months later.
    antonrr likes this.
    01-06-17 05:32 PM
    it will be the final product that they will annouced, now at CES it's a device in progress.They have still issues with the keyboard and some other stuff and the os is not fully ready. It's what TLC said in another interview.
    01-06-17 05:40 PM
    One year.

Posted via CB10
    Lol
    01-06-17 06:44 PM
    They better launch it before the S8!
    01-06-17 06:46 PM
    That would depend more on when it passes FCC and Wi-Fi certification than the timing of MWC.
    01-06-17 06:47 PM
    it will be the final product that they will annouced, now at CES it's a device in progress.They have still issues with the keyboard and some other stuff and the os is not fully ready. It's what TLC said in another interview.
    They never said anything about issues. They said it wasn't the final product that's all.
    01-06-17 06:54 PM
    probably within 30 days. This isnt like BB of old where it would be 3+ months later.
    3 months? Try 8.

Priv was first teased like the Mercury in March 2015, official launch in November.
    JD_CB likes this.
    01-06-17 06:58 PM
    They never said anything about issues. They said it wasn't the final product that's all.
    Seems like that's what people here do all the time... extrapolation.

"It isn't a final product" translates to there are issues.

BlackBerry says they are undecided on BB10 phones that translates to they are launching a new BB10 phone in a month.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-06-17 07:00 PM

BlackBerry says they are undecided on BB10 phones that translates to they are launching a new BB10 phone in a month.
    Lol very true
    01-06-17 07:02 PM
    Haha, the interviewer is asking a question and after the fist sentence of the answer is like: "dayuuuuum, I can't concentrate, my mind is drifting, I'm not even listening to this TCL guy any longer" and takes the phone off the table. Look at this naughty guys' face when he does so @ 0:26 LOL.

No. They are targeting a different demographic with this phone. For sure they would be delusional to think that it would conquer the hearts of those people who tend to purchase spec-beasts like iPhones/Galaxys.
    3 months? Try 8.
    Priv was first teased like the Mercury in March 2015, official launch in November.
    But you forget that BlackBerry is not responsible for releasing this phone any longer, it's a huge player like TCL now. From what I've read, they don't tend to tease for that long with upcoming & announced devices...
    01-06-17 07:20 PM
    3 months? Try 8.

And then it took another 5 months to hit Verizon (March 2016).

I'll remain skeptical until we get a real RELEASE date.
    JD_CB likes this.
    01-06-17 07:22 PM
    When the device is official then I expected they will start production or maybe they allready started Still it could take a few months to get the device on the market world wide
    01-06-17 07:32 PM
    No. They are targeting a different demographic with this phone. For sure they would be delusional to think that it would conquer the hearts of those people who tend to purchase spec-beasts like iPhones/Galaxys.
    But I thought Passport was BlackBerry's iPhone/Galaxy killer?

(/s, duh)

But you forget that BlackBerry is not responsible for releasing this phone any longer, it's a huge player like TCL now. From what I've read, they don't tend to tease for that long with upcoming & announced devices...
    Nah, I was referring to howarmat saying Priv only taking 3 months, more like 8.
    01-06-17 08:02 PM
    I hope so just because I need to sell my S7 Edge when I get the Mercury and it would be better if S8 wasn't out yet
    01-06-17 11:10 PM
    And then it took another 5 months to hit Verizon (March 2016).

I'll remain skeptical until we get a real RELEASE date.
    ...and the most recent DTEK60 released instantly from announcement. Sure it was a rebranded, existing Alcatel, but still.

The 'Venice' launch was a pretty pivotal move for them as their first Android device and was VERY early. It even had BB10 on it.

It'll be a few weeks out from when we see it hit the FCC.
    01-06-17 11:28 PM
    ...and the most recent DTEK60 released instantly from announcement. Sure it was a rebranded, existing Alcatel, but still.

The 'Venice' launch was a pretty pivotal move for them as their first Android device and was VERY early. It even had BB10 on it.

It'll be a few weeks out from when we see it hit the FCC.
    It didn't actually have BB10 on it. It was just a backlit screen with a cutout of BB10 on it.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    01-06-17 11:31 PM
    It didn't actually have BB10 on it. It was just a backlit screen with a cutout of BB10 on it.
    True, even more of a reason to support my argument. The phone wasn't even running.

In contrast, this week they've been putting the Mercury in the hands of multiple editors and allowing them to do thorough reviews publicly. It's obviously much closer to production.
    01-07-17 01:19 AM

OK it's 2 in the morning and I suddenly start laughing out loud.... "it's nothing hun, you wouldn't get it."

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    01-07-17 01:45 AM
    True, even more of a reason to support my argument. The phone wasn't even running.

In contrast, this week they've been putting the Mercury in the hands of multiple editors and allowing them to do thorough reviews publicly. It's obviously much closer to production.
    I wouldn't call those 2 minute videos with no specs "thorough"...
    01-07-17 01:46 AM
    I wouldn't call those 2 minute videos with no specs "thorough"...
    In comparison to the first Priv unveiling? Very
    01-07-17 02:08 PM
    I only go full back to BB10 when the get android 6 with apps controle and then I gone install a handfull of apps at that;s all I need for my BB10 device. Know I can not use my bank app anymore and my work schedule app from work, that I also can use to get a day off. So I'm pushed to Android and like BB10 much better than Android
    01-08-17 11:51 AM