Absolutely, I really love the render that shows curved glass combined with the curved keyboard bezels! I really can't wait until it's finally released.
    Eh, I care more about how easily it'll be broken or scratched if dropped than how "cool" it looks...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-17-16 02:49 PM
    No fingerprint?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-17-16 02:52 PM
    No fingerprint?

Unfortunately (for me) and fortunately for you (maybe) it is supposed to have one... I'll probably put electrical tape over it...

zephyr613 likes this.
    10-17-16 02:54 PM
    No fingerprint?

That wouldn't show up in a Geekbench test anyway. But yeah, in the keyboard as well as gestures like Priv and Passport.
    10-17-16 02:59 PM
    Unfortunately (for me) and fortunately for you (maybe) it is supposed to have one... I'll probably put electrical tape over it...

You do not need to use it , no need for electrical tape

10-17-16 03:05 PM
    With a 3:2 screen ratio, what does this mean in screen width? It as wide as the Passport?
    Well 2:3 is more correct I think. Think about iphone 4S.
    10-17-16 03:12 PM

He's scared even if he accidentally touch the spacebar it'll steal his fingerprint.
    10-17-16 03:12 PM
    Yeah, I have plenty of reason now to believe many folks 'who held the phone'.. have held nothing more than not fully functioning prototypes if anything and most of what you're hearing are intended scenarios rather than actual functioning scenarios at this point. More of a 'Here is what we plan on doing it, but it's currently not implemented'.

But I digress. We still have many moons before Mercury will see release. I'm going back to sleep on this one for a bit yet.
    But then this is bad marketing again. Building up hype then letting everyone down. Hope we see a nice final product. By the way I get the feeling that you somehow saw the device?
    10-17-16 03:15 PM
    I have a question. So looking at the spec sheet that was left tin the news comments I'm confused. Looks like the snapdragon 625 has a weaker cpu than the 808 in the Priv but the GPU is better as the 808 has a 418 and the 625 has a 506. I was really hoping that the next qwerty that came out would have better specs than the Priv. So already looking to sacrifice screen space unlike the Priv we are going to have overall weaker hardware? Will the better GPU in the 625 make a difference?

"PKB"
    10-17-16 03:22 PM
    How would they future proof it, hypothetically speaking?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    Of course it's not literally future proofing but one that will still perform well 5 yrs down the road etc.

Example: Oneplus 3 has 6gb ram which might be unnecessary now as most flagships have 4gb but as apps and sites get more ram intensive, 6gb may become new norm.

In this case I'm good w 3gb ram but a better chip like 820 will be better to handle more intensive work or even the chip the Priv has is better equipped for the future imo.

Passport runs well even tho it's 3 yrs old bc bb10 is good and the chip was flagship at the time. Old/weaker chips don't run so well on android compared to bb10.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 03:23 PM
    I win my ****-measuring contests by the speed with which I can respond when hit up on Grindr & Scruff :-)

Even there keyboards rule!

10-17-16 03:25 PM
    You guys do know the 625 runs literally everything you can throw at it and is the most optimised chipset from qualcomm?

This device is not targeting the high end geeks, it's a niche product and isn't for everything , just like the priv,

You need to appreciate a pkb to actually want this.

I use my pkb more than my vkb on my priv and I don't care that my vkb is faster or accurate etc, I just prefer buttons.

If it doesn't appeal to you there's the dtek60 coming out which has the 820.

I can't see pkb guys running modern combat etc on a 4.5 inch display with a pkb on it , it just doesn't make sense, so it didn't make sense to throw in say a sd 821 just to appease people because it's probably not going to sell very well any way.

Just my 5 cents , on a serious note, this will be my next device, love the priv but I think it's run its course and will give this to my dad since he is still using his old torch blackberry lol.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    Bratza likes this.
    10-17-16 03:29 PM

Just because you don't actively use it doesn't mean that it won't passively use it, just saying. Like the microphone staying on even when you're not "using it." :-P

Biometric data and internet connection does not mix in my humble opinion. :-)

Bratza likes this.
    10-17-16 03:37 PM
    By the way I get the feeling that you somehow saw the device?
    I see lots of things. Because I don't go blabbing about them on internet forums.
    10-17-16 03:38 PM
    You guys do know the 625 runs literally everything you can throw at it and is the most optimised chipset from qualcomm?

This device is not targeting the high end geeks, it's a niche product and isn't for everything , just like the priv,

You need to appreciate a pkb to actually want this.

I use my pkb more than my vkb on my priv and I don't care that my vkb is faster or accurate etc, I just prefer buttons.

If it doesn't appeal to you there's the dtek60 coming out which has the 820.

I can't see pkb guys running modern combat etc on a 4.5 inch display with a pkb on it , it just doesn't make sense, so it didn't make sense to throw in say a sd 821 just to appease people because it's probably not going to sell very well any way.

Just my 5 cents , on a serious note, this will be my next device, love the priv but I think it's run its course and will give this to my dad since he is still using his old torch blackberry lol.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    But, but, the number is smaller... ;-)

skinnymike1 likes this.
    10-17-16 03:39 PM
    Nougat. BlackBerry Hub for free. Keyboard. All I need to know. BlackBerry, I'm ready to give you money whenever you release this device.

pooyam and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-17-16 03:46 PM
    The 625 is a newer technology chip than the 652: Snapdragon 625 vs 652.

Th 625 is 14nm and 64-bit. The Priv's 808 is only 32-bit.

Edit: Thurask is correct, per usual. Priv 808 is 20nm 64-bit. 652 is 28nm 64-bit.
    Last edited by llamax; 10-18-16 at 10:20 AM.
    10-17-16 03:56 PM
    Can't wait...who will be the manufacturer of this PKB device by BlackBerry?
    Hope blackberry logo will be on the front, like every other blackberry before Dtek's...

Please give us another Bold!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 03:59 PM
    Oh, but you'll lose the ****-measuring contest with your neighbor, oooohhhhh.

An inch above shorter, but an inch down low...well you know the rest ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 04:10 PM

I'm pretty sure 808 is AArch64.
    10-17-16 04:14 PM
    I see lots of things. Because I don't go blabbing about them on internet forums.
    Should we expect the things we expect? Or lower the expectations?
    10-17-16 04:15 PM

Nope. Straight from Qualcomm:

CPU Clock Speed
    Up to 2.0 GHz
    CPU Cores
    Hexa-core CPU
    2x ARM Cortex A57
    4x ARM Cortex A53
    CPU Bit Architecture
    64-bit
    CPU Clock Speed
    Up to 1.8 GHz
    CPU Cores
    Octa-core CPU
    4x ARM Cortex A72
    4x ARM Cortex A53
    CPU Bit Architecture
    64-bit
    CPU Clock Speed
    Up to 2.0 GHz
    CPU Cores
    Octa-core CPU
    8x ARM Cortex A53
    CPU Bit Architecture
    64-bit
    https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/625
    https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/652
    https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...processors/808

Of all 652 actually has the newest architecture, but is on the older 28nm process.
    10-17-16 04:52 PM
    I have a question. So looking at the spec sheet that was left tin the news comments I'm confused. Looks like the snapdragon 625 has a weaker cpu than the 808 in the Priv but the GPU is better as the 808 has a 418 and the 625 has a 506. I was really hoping that the next qwerty that came out would have better specs than the Priv. So already looking to sacrifice screen space unlike the Priv we are going to have overall weaker hardware? Will the better GPU in the 625 make a difference?

"PKB"
    Ffs. 625 is new chip, performs BETTER than 808.

Even 650 performs same as 808

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 05:17 PM
    Assuming these are the right specs, would the hypothetical mercury be cheaper than the dtek60? Or about the same?

10-17-16 05:18 PM
    Assuming these are the right specs, would the hypothetical mercury be cheaper than the dtek60? Or about the same?

Probably about the same since it'll have the additional hardware cost of the pkb.

10-17-16 05:30 PM
204 12345 ...