quick question - expandable memory ? SD Card ?
    Yes, Adoptable Storage is a feature of both DTEKs, it came with Marshmallow, and like the DTEKs, Merucry has a combined SIM and Micro SD Card tray.
    Gelzz and Blacklatino like this.
    01-06-17 10:15 AM
    Patch level August 5th, further down the video.
    3.18.31 kernel, MSM8953 in baseband.
    01-06-17 10:28 AM
    Patch level August 5th, further down the video.
    So then, the firmware was frozen as of August 5th and they produced a few working prototypes. One ended up on Chen's desk in September and it showed up on Geekbench in October. It then took until late December to complete the software licensing deal with TCL.
    Last edited by BB-JAM215; 01-06-17 at 07:32 PM.
    01-06-17 10:33 AM
    3.18.31 kernel, MSM8953 in baseband.
    So 625 guaranteed, or it could also be an MSM8953 Pro (626).
    01-06-17 10:53 AM
    So 625 guaranteed, or it could also be an MSM8953 Pro (626).
    So not an 835 or 821.
    01-06-17 11:00 AM
    So not an 835 or 821.
    Well most certainly not 4GB RAM.
    01-06-17 11:13 AM
    That's what I think too.... at this point I think TCL might want to adjust some things based on their buying power and what they might already have available to them. It takes time to plan, order, build the parts and setup an assembly line... unless TCL was already working with BlackBerry as the builder of the Mercury to begin with. Otherwise I would think what we are seeing at CES is a concept that TCL will take to base their own design on. Overall it will be what was shown, but possible with components that are very different. Maybe they didn't sell as many DTEK60 or Idol 4 Pros... have an outstanding order on some 820 chips then need to do something with.
    01-06-17 01:40 PM
    For those whining about specs, take a look at Nokia's "comeback" phone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...ications_leak/
    01-06-17 01:54 PM
    So anyone wanna guess if the speakers are stereo, or is it just a fake like the Classic (i.e. one hole for speaker and the other is the mic?)

01-06-17 06:08 PM
    So anyone wanna guess if the speakers are stereo, or is it just a fake like the Classic (i.e. one hole for speaker and the other is the mic?)
    I was wondering about that too. There must be speakers top and bottom since one needs to also work as an ear piece and two are needed for stereo. I assume that one of the bottom holes is used for the microphone and either the other or both for the second speaker.
    01-06-17 07:39 PM
    I was wondering about that too. There must be speakers top and bottom since one needs to also work as an ear piece and two are needed for stereo. I assume that one of the bottom holes is used for the microphone and either the other or both for the second speaker.
    I would think if both contains speaker, speakerphone wouldn't work very well with the mic in such close proximity to the speaker
    01-06-17 07:48 PM
    01-06-17 07:50 PM
    I would think if both contains speaker, speakerphone wouldn't work very well with the mic in such close proximity to the speaker
    The bottom speaker isn't used when making a call, only the top one.
    01-06-17 07:58 PM
    The bottom speaker isn't used when making a call, only the top one.
    Re-read my comment:

01-06-17 07:59 PM
    Re-read my comment:
    I just put my DTEK50 on speakerphone, and while the top speaker stayed on normal earpiece volume, the bottom speaker came on loud.
    The important thing is that it all seems to work, but it would be nice to know exactly where all the components are.
    01-06-17 08:12 PM
    I just put my DTEK50 on speakerphone, and while the top speaker stayed on normal earpiece volume, the bottom speaker came on loud.
    The important thing is that it all seems to work, but it would be nice to know exactly where all the components are.
    There's a teardown here: https://inforesheniya.ru/informacia-...rry_DTEK50/en/

I am confused, however, it says the microphone is on the PCB with the LED and Ambient sensor. Unless it has two microphones like the Priv.

On the Priv, since the speaker is next to the bottom microphone, I think it uses the top microphone if speakerphone is on, and when off it's used for noise cancellation.
    01-06-17 08:26 PM
    There's a teardown here: https://inforesheniya.ru/informacia-...rry_DTEK50/en/

I am confused, however, it says the microphone is on the PCB with the LED and Ambient sensor. Unless it has two microphones like the Priv.

On the Priv, since the speaker is next to the bottom microphone, I think it uses the top microphone if speakerphone is on, and when off it's used for noise cancellation.
    Thanks for the tear-down link. There are three references to the microphone, but they are all at the top of the phone. In Bla1ze's review of the DTEK50 he says "Look carefully on the front and you will also spot the integrated dual speakers and dual microphones".

I'm thinking a bottom microphone is used for normal calls when you are holding the top to your ear, and a a top microphone is used in speaker-phone mode when you are facing the phone with the bottom speaker on loud for speaker-phone mode. Audio feed back is more of a problem when you have a microphone facing towards a speaker, which is not the case with a phone like this.
    01-06-17 08:44 PM
    Thanks for the tear-down link. There are three references to the microphone, but they are all at the top of the phone. In Bla1ze's review of the DTEK50 he says "Look carefully on the front and you will also spot the integrated dual speakers and dual microphones".

I'm thinking a bottom microphone is used for normal calls when you are holding the top to your ear, and a a top microphone is used in speaker-phone mode when you are facing the phone with the bottom speaker on loud for speaker-phone mode. Audio feed back is more of a problem when you have a microphone facing towards a speaker, which is not the case with a phone like this.
    I guess, so we'll have to see for the final product. And I suppose the microphone they use may be directional rather than omni to avoid picking up the speaker output.
    01-06-17 08:51 PM
    The one major advantage coming from a 50 is -- this will definitely be an upgrade nyehehe 😎
    01-07-17 02:52 AM
    The one major advantage coming from a 50 is -- this will definitely be an upgrade nyehehe ������
    On the downside of going from a DTEK50, you'll get a smaller screen, no notification LED, and won't be able to enter text in a horizontal mode.
    01-07-17 11:02 AM
    On the downside of going from a DTEK50, you'll get a smaller screen, no notification LED, and won't be able to enter text in a horizontal mode.
    Of course there will be an LED.
    01-07-17 11:09 AM
    Of course there will be an LED.
    There doesn't appear to be one on the prototypes shown at CES and I didn't hear anyone mention it.
    01-07-17 12:48 PM
    There doesn't appear to be one on the prototypes shown at CES and I didn't hear anyone mention it.
    Well, there is.
    01-07-17 01:05 PM
    Well, there is.
    So, then this would be the notification LED?
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Mercury Specs Speculation! :)-merucry-notification-led.jpg  
    01-07-17 03:47 PM
    So, then this would be the notification LED?
    Maybe. But don't forget this is a pre-production unit.
    01-07-17 03:51 PM
66 123