I'm posting this in the K1 forum because, as of last Monday, it is my BB phone of choice, coming from the Passport. Before I made the switch I read all the reviews, and most of the reviews here on CB and other media claimed it was the best PKB that Blackberry has produced. I will have to respectfully disagree.

After getting the K1 and comparing the pkb to the Passports I decided to pull out my very first BB phone, the Curve 8310. Wow those keys are tiny! How did I ever type of those? Sooo...l started "air" typing, my battery has long since given up the ghost.
    Amazing! I was hitting every correct key for the words I wanted to type, fast and spot on. The curve of the kb, the amount of height the keys are raised above the body of the phone, the actual shape of the keys..perfect. All typed one handed! Now that was the best pkb (for me).

Now why couldn't BB put that style of pkb on the PP and K1? It could even be that small, even attach it to a left/right sliding mechanism to adjust for left or right handed typists, or make a left and a right handed model (too much to ask for I know) .
    I do like the capacitive feature of the new pkb models, but I definitely prefer the shape of the legacy keyboards.
    Just thoughts put on "paper".
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    06-29-17 07:20 AM
    I'm posting this in the K1 forum because, as of last Monday, it is my BB phone of choice, coming from the Passport. Before I made the switch I read all the reviews, and most of the reviews here on CB and other media claimed it was the best PKB that Blackberry has produced. I will have to respectfully disagree.

After getting the K1 and comparing the pkb to the Passports I decided to pull out my very first BB phone, the Curve 8310. Wow those keys are tiny! How did I ever type of those? Sooo...l started "air" typing, my battery has long since given up the ghost.
    Amazing! I was hitting every correct key for the words I wanted to type, fast and spot on. The curve of the kb, the amount of height the keys are raised above the body of the phone, the actual shape of the keys..perfect. All typed one handed! Now that was the best pkb (for me).

Now why couldn't BB put that style of pkb on the PP and K1? It could even be that small, even attach it to a left/right sliding mechanism to adjust for left or right handed typists, or make a left and a right handed model (too much to ask for I know) .
    I do like the capacitive feature of the new pkb models, but I definitely prefer the shape of the legacy keyboards.
    Just thoughts put on "paper".
    It is interesting that BB was always "improving" the keyboard. Like "new and improved coke!" Some would obviously beg to differ.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    06-29-17 04:39 PM