For me, I'm addicted to the BlackBerry Launcher.

I've tried loads including Nova, Microsoft, squarehome, Pixel, Launcher etc.. And for the life of me I haven't been able to use either one for more than a week straight.

Three things stand out for me that keep me using the BlackBerry Launcher 95% of the time.

1. Keyboard shortcuts. Yes I do use a pkb phone so it'll only work on this phone type but the fact that the rest don't have it is already a game killer for me. And no.. I'm not interested in all that Tasker modding business. I just can't see how searching for an app on a screen vs pressing a key can ever be better or more efficient. Yes.. I can start typing but that brings up device launcher on other launchers and I still have to scan the results then select the app. A pkb never changes so I always know my C key is the crackberry app shortcut. I don't have to scan 5 orange coloured apps and look for it.

2. The red BlackBerry spark. No other launcher I've used.. Even with their own notification indicators built in have been as dependable as the BlackBerry own. Evie launcher comes close and also Android Oreo dots on Nova. But, there are always apps that will not show the indicator at some point and they tend to have to update the launcher as new apps get added sometimes. Another major turn off regarding the other launchers is the fact that the vast majority of them don't recognise other apps in the BlackBerry Hub. As such, I then tend to have to have individual apps and the hub on the homescreen which sux.

3. Device Search has its annoyances and stuff plus it's not as good as it was on bb10 but still, I haven't found a better search app yet. Even googles own search device functionality built into Google now is way behind.

4. Shortcuts. As in the shortcuts in the main menu after widgets.

5. Productivity Tab. I wish it was better like wish it'd also show notifications from other messaging apps however, despite disabling it a few times in the past, I've always realised it was actually a time saver being able to glance at my calendar, tasks and unread emails and texts.

6. Double Tap to lock. With other launchers, though they also have this option. It's with a twist. They either use the dim for a few seconds then lock or lock straightaway. To lock straightaway they'd have to be given administrator rights and when the phone locks u can't use the fingerprint reader to unlock. It's pin or nothing. It's just another ease of use I can't give up.

Some might say it's cos I'm on a pub phone I haven't found an alternative up to par with the BlackBerry Launcher but I beg to differ. I did the exact same when I was on the PRIV and dtek60.

What about you guys/girls? How do you rate the BlackBerry Launcher vs the others and why?
    Last edited by naijab0y; 12-20-17 at 01:49 AM.
    FF22, EdMinghuang, apardo and 1 others like this.
    12-19-17 12:20 PM
    Keyboard shortcuts are awesome, I don't think I could give them up. Other than that, I just think the BB Launcher does a decent enough job that I don't feel compelled to switch.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-19-17 12:23 PM
    Nova for me.

BB launcher too laggy
    scott8629 and Joseph Morris2 like this.
    12-19-17 01:03 PM
    For me, I'm addicted to the BlackBerry Launcher.

I've tried loads including Nova, Microsoft, squarehome, Pixel, Launcher etc.. And for the life of me I haven't been able to use either one for more than a week straight.

Three things stand out for me that keep me using the BlackBerry Launcher 95% of the time.

1. Keyboard shortcuts. Yes I do use a pkb phone so it'll only work on this phone type but the fact that the rest don't have it is already a game killer for me. And no.. I'm not interested in all that Tasker nodding business. I just can't see how searching for an app on a screen vs pressing a key can ever be better or more efficient. Yes.. I can start typing but that brings up device launcher on other launchers and I still have to scan the results then select the app. A pkb never changes so I always know my C key is the crackberry app shortcut. I don't have to scan 5 orange apps and look for it.

2. The red BlackBerry spark. No other launcher I've used.. Even with their own notification indicators built in have been as dependable as the BlackBerry own. Evie launcher comes close and also android dots on Nova but there are always apps that will not show the indicator at some point and they tend to have to update the launcher as new apps get added sometimes.

3. Device Search has its annoyances and stuff plus it's not as good as it was on bb10 but still, I haven't found a better search app yet. Even googles own search device functionality built into Google now is way behind.

4. Shortcuts. As in the shortcuts in the main menu after widgets.

5. Productivity Tab. I wish it was better like wish it'd also show notifications from other messaging apps however, despite disabling it a few times in the past, I've always realised it was actually a time saver being able to glance at my calendar, tasks and unread emails and texts.

Some might say it's cos I'm on a pub phone I haven't found an alternative up to par with the BlackBerry Launcher but I beg to differ. I did the exact same when I was on the PRIV and dtek60.

What about you guys/girls? How do you rate the BlackBerry Launcher vs the others and why?
    I used to use nova on my DTEK60. However, the BlackBerry Launcher has come a long way. The keyboard shortcuts for my KEYone are enough to keep me on the BlackBerry Launcher. Everything works the way it should.
    12-19-17 01:08 PM
    Action Launcher and Swipe Navigation my friends and you have a BB10 experience...
    obnalfa and skinnymike1 like this.
    12-19-17 01:12 PM
    Nova launcher, with the TeslaUnread plugin. Nova gives me all the customization I could ask for and is quicker than the BlackBerry launcher. The TeslaUnread plugin gives customizable unread indicators that work with all the apps I use where I need visible notifications. I have it show the number of unread items.

BlackBerry Launcher vs the rest. Which launcher do you use and why are u addicted to it?-screenshot_20171219-141919.jpg
    Joseph Morris2 and colchar like this.
    12-19-17 01:21 PM
    Action Launcher and Swipe Navigation my friends and you have a BB10 experience...
    It's not BlackBerry 10 sorry. Nova, Microsoft, Evie. Squarehome and loads others have the swipe gestures but they only work on the homescreen or in some more limited fashion in the main app menu. For me that's inconvenient and inefficient.. But that's just me.

Pressing the H key for the hub works better for me on the homescreen. From anywhere else.. Convenience key. In addition, maybe u get up to 8 possible gestures which then get ridiculous when u have to start doing two fingers and tap, tap and three swipes or some ridiculous combo.
    12-19-17 01:24 PM
    It's not BlackBerry 10 sorry. Nova, Microsoft, Evie. Squarehome and loads others have the swipe gestures but they only work on the homescreen or in some more limited fashion in the main app menu. For me that's inconvenient and inefficient.. But that's just me Pressing the H key for the hub works better for me on the homescreen. From anywhere else.. Convenience key. In addition, maybe u get up to 8 possible gestures which then get ridiculous when u have to start doing two fingers and tap, tap and three swipes or some ridiculous combo.
    Well, therefore Swipe Navigation! Access Hub (or whatever you want for that matter...) from any screen with an edge swipe.

I like to combine Swipe Navigation with Action Launcher for a complete UX that in my opinion doesn't come close to the BB Launcher...

I can fully navigate the device one handedly!
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-19-17 01:28 PM
    Nova launcher, with the TeslaUnread plugin. Nova gives me all the customization I could ask for and is quicker than the BlackBerry launcher. The TeslaUnread plugin gives customizable unread indicators that work with all the apps I use where I need visible notifications. I have it show the number of unread items.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171219-141919.jpg 
Views:	610 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	432471
    Yeah used it but that mode stopped working with fb messenger for me but Oreo dots did. It also does not recognise other app notifications in the hub.. Just emails.

I've really tried them all but I'm a sucker for simplicity so keep coming back to this..
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Launcher vs the rest. Which launcher do you use and why are u addicted to it?-3943.jpg  
    12-19-17 01:29 PM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13089235

this is how i set it up

simple and intuitive.
    dakota403 likes this.
    12-19-17 01:36 PM
    Well, therefore Swipe Navigation! Access Hub (or whatever you want for that matter...) from any screen with an edge swipe.

I like to combine Swipe Navigation with Action Launcher for a complete UX that in my opinion doesn't come close to the BB Launcher...

I can fully navigate the device one handedly!
    I use Swapps.. Like I said I've tried it all but would rather use these kind of apps in addition to the BlackBerry Launcher so I have keyboard shortcuts + them.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Launcher vs the rest. Which launcher do you use and why are u addicted to it?-3944.jpg  
    12-19-17 01:39 PM
    Nova.
    Again Blackberry launcher is too laggy.
    12-19-17 01:39 PM
    Nova.
    Again Blackberry launcher is too laggy.
    Not for me. Sorry you're facing problems.
    scott8629 and Fred Wu like this.
    12-19-17 01:40 PM
    I use Swapps.. Like I said I've tried it all but would rather use these kind of apps in addition to the BlackBerry Launcher so I have keyboard shortcuts + them.
    This app was last updated in 2015. It doesn't mean it doesn't work. Just FYI.
    12-19-17 01:42 PM
    Not for me. Sorry you're facing problems.
    lol he isnt facing problems, the bb launcher is acceptable but compared to nova its slow. you only realise when u switch from nova back to bb launcher
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-19-17 01:43 PM
    Yeah used it but that mode stopped working with fb messenger for me but Oreo dots did. It also does not recognise other app notifications in the hub.. Just emails.

I've really tried them all but I'm a sucker for simplicity so keep coming back to this
    Everyone has different needs & preferences. I dont use FB messenger at all, so I wasn't aware of that. Text messages? I get one or 2 a week -- my messaging is all through BBM or Hangouts.
    12-19-17 01:48 PM
    Everyone has different needs & preferences. I dont use FB messenger at all, so I wasn't aware of that. Text messages? I get one or 2 a week -- my messaging is all through BBM or Hangouts.
    True.. but that's the beauty of the spark on BlackBerry Launcher.. It works for everything whether the app itself or the notification in the hub. As such.. You don't have to compromise.
    12-19-17 01:53 PM
    lol he isnt facing problems, the bb launcher is acceptable but compared to nova its slow. you only realise when u switch from nova back to bb launcher
    Sounds like one to me.. If the lag of the launcher stops him from using it then he more likely than not considers it a problem. Don't you think so?
    12-19-17 01:56 PM
    Post deleted. #error
    12-19-17 01:56 PM
    True.. but that's the beauty of the spark on BlackBerry Launcher.. It works for everything whether the app itself or the notification in the hub. As such.. You don't have to compromise.
    But it isn't a compromise for me. I have the faster and more customizable launcher, which suits me better. Especially the number of unread messages, not just the red splat.
    12-19-17 01:57 PM
    But it isn't a compromise for me. I have the faster and more customizable launcher, which suits me better. Especially the number of unread messages, not just the red splat.
    True. Good enough reason for why you prefer it then.
    12-19-17 01:59 PM
    Sounds like one to me.. If the lag of the launcher stops him from using it then he more likely than not considers it a problem. Don't you think so?

BB launcher does the job but if hes anything like me he just prefers to use nova cos its more optimised. i dont think hes suggesting bb launcher is a system killer.

i see it like this. For some people a 4 cylinder car is the best thing ever. But i bet you when they try a six cylinder they would find it hard to return to 4.
    pharmajay#CB likes this.
    12-19-17 02:08 PM
    Switched to nova for the speed improvement and never looked back. Sure the shortcuts were great but for me performance is more important. The keyone really isn't the fastest device so every bit helps. But my girlfriends Pixel 2 runs much faster.
    12-19-17 02:12 PM
    I use the BlackBerry Launcher because I just can't give up my shortcuts. I don't have a single icon on my home screen, just a very minimal widget that offers date, current weather conditions, headlines, and upcoming calendar events. Everything else is via a shortcut.

My second choice would be the Microsoft Launcher.
    12-19-17 02:49 PM
    To be honest.. I've never seen this speed Nova Launcher has that the BlackBerry cannot match in the current state it's in. When they first introduced the dark theme there was a lag which of course was eliminated once u switched to the light theme.

I know Nova launcher has launcher speed settings but in all truthfulness, I tried it all and they really made no noticeable difference to me. I might as well disable or reduce animation speed in developer options to get the same. I do notice it on the phone Squarehome launcher when on the Fast setting. Still, I tend to prefer the Balance of still having noticeable animations and a bit of snappiness when animations are set to the 0.5 seconds.
    12-19-17 02:52 PM
99 123 ...