I have to admit as I am stock Android/Nexus guy...i am not a fan of the BlackBerry apps. Seems a little redundant if you are already using all the Google apps synced to your account. Not to mention BB Launcher is killing the phone performance, it is a whole different phone when the Google launcher is installed.

The crappy part is you lose the keyboard shortcuts not using the BB Launcher, but given the difference in performance that is a trade off I am willing to make.

As much as I have tried to love the hub again, Android already does an impeccable job of handling notifications etc.

So for me I have disabled pretty much every BB app (even the Google camera seems to work ok) and going back to as normal of an Android experience as I am used to....but with the awesome keyboard and stellar battery life the K1 offers.

Anyone else taking the same path? Or if you were a hardcore BB10 user, do you find you still prefer the BB apps over Android?

If you haven't tried a different launcher other than the BB one, you owe it to yourself to experience the more fluid feel of the phone and OS minus the bloat.
    06-06-17 02:31 PM
    My experience hasn't been the same.

After disabling Gmail and other redundant notifications, things seem pretty snappy.

I find the HUB, at the very least, the best email client for Android.
    ridmaur likes this.
    06-06-17 02:38 PM
    I usually use 3rd party launchers but haven't yet because of the keyboard shortcuts. They're so valuable for me but you aren't the first to say performance on other launchers is better. May be time to give one a shot.
    06-06-17 02:39 PM
    I agree on everything except the launcher and the Hub.

The BlackBerry KEYone is a great phone with a lot BlackBerry bloatware. This phone breaks the record for me when it comes to disabled apps. I love the launcher for the shortcuts and I don't hate the Hub for email. I actually like the Hub on this phone far more that I thought I would going into it.

Question, how did you get the normal Google camera? Is it the same camera app as the pixel?
    06-06-17 02:45 PM
    The Google camera was available via the play store...just a few days ago...but now doesn't show up in a search. Interesting...mind you the apk isn't hard to find
    Last edited by ShredRex5150; 06-06-17 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
    06-06-17 03:06 PM
    I saw the improvement when disabling Hub, but it's been performing well with the KEYone launcher... I'll have to disable it and put Nova or Evie Launcher on there to see how it fairs.
    06-06-17 03:35 PM
    Not to mention BB Launcher is killing the phone performance, it is a whole different phone when the Google launcher is installed.
    hmmmmm.

I've used the Google Now launcher for a long time now, but am using the BB launcher now--other than the lack of swipe right for Cards, it seems very very much like the Google launcher.

And in fact, coming from the V10, I don't see any bad performance out of using the BB launcher. I'm not seeing any bloat whatsoever.
    06-06-17 03:44 PM
    What does BB services do? If I have disabled all BB apps, and only use Password Keeper, can I disable services?
    06-06-17 04:18 PM