Hi KeyOne owners...

I know it is 3:2 but is it still wider then most other phones in between the passport and a standard? I know we are entering the age of odd sized mobile screens so was super curious and have not had one in hand yet. Is it wider or the same? I hope so, that may push me over to go get a silver K1.

....or is it the same width as similar candy bar phones?

In the videos I can't tell but just figured it's wider. Now it's time for me to verify?...

I know LG is making or made a phone that is a tad wider this year as in 18 by something so, again, hoping so...

That would be what pushes me over to get one!...

Thanks, DPR

 Passport SE  via Native CB10 .bar
    09-13-17 08:33 PM
    Most slabs are 16:9. KEYᵒⁿᵉ is not quite as long at 3:2.

With Nougat, you can have multiple apps displayed at the same time.
    09-13-17 08:54 PM
    Hi KeyOne owners...

I know it is 3:2 but is it still wider then most other phones in between the passport and a standard? I know we are entering the age of odd sized mobile screens so was super curious and have not had one in hand yet. Is it wider or the same? I hope so, that may push me over to go get a silver K1.

....or is it the same width as similar candy bar phones?

In the videos I can't tell but just figured it's wider. Now it's time for me to verify?...

I know LG is making or made a phone that is a tad wider this year as in 18 by something so, again, hoping so...

That would be what pushes me over to get one!...

Thanks, DPR

It is nowhere near as wide as the Passport. I find it strikes a very nice balance for media use and productivity.

When you say working wide I immediately thought of the work wide browser app on BB10. Did you know that split screen is built into Nougat just by long pressing the recent (square) button?
    Attached Thumbnails Is the BlackBerry KeyOnes screen still "Working Wide"?...-496853.jpg  
    09-13-17 08:57 PM
    It is nowhere near as wide as the Passport. I find it strikes a very nice balance for media use and productivity.

When you say working wide I immediately thought of the work wide browser app on BB10. Did you know that split screen is built into Nougat just by long pressing the recent (square) button?
    Of course this works wider in landscape mode LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Is the BlackBerry KeyOnes screen still "Working Wide"?...-496853.jpg  
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-13-17 09:05 PM
    Most slabs are 16:9. KEYᵒⁿᵉ is not quite as long at 3:2.

With Nougat, you can have multiple apps displayed at the same time.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9e302ef433.jpg
    Conite yeah I seen that I think from CBK on youtube. So it's not wider? Just shorter if dis-counting the keyboard? Aww, man, big bummer for me - if so. I am silly and wasn't thinking... I just was thinking 3:2 equals a little wider, derp. Conite do you have a twin or a triplet? Your everywhere bro. I saw you payroll man, WOW! Hah!...

09-13-17 09:36 PM

Yes, have that app but not even installed only thing I might use once in a blue moon on my passport is dual sms but that would even be rare. I close everything except sometimes leave Voxer open all day for work even thogh I don't have to. I did know this but somebody said it's not so good at the dual feature because of the shorter screen which to me is worth it for the keyboard but it's not wider then traditional 16:9 screens? Even a smidgen wider then all those candy bars? If not, very upsetting to me! I don't want to keep repeating myself as I know android doesn't support it but wish they could make a 1x1 4.5 inch BBDroid. Is that what we're calling it or is it BlackDroid? What's the silently majority agreed upon name? Hah..

09-13-17 09:40 PM
    Of course this works wider in landscape mode LOL
    Hah, that's a little to wide, even for me. I need it Just Right. 1x1 or close to at 4.5 so a 3:2 would have to be a screen size of (insert here) to equal at least in between a traditional 16:9's width and or nearing a passports width would be ideal IMO?...

Whose great at Mathematics? ....

I'm not down talking the K1 I'm sure it's superb but this is upsetting news to me. Especially since it's already a 3:2. Battery life best be incredible!!

I guess I should never underestimate the Power of Assumption! Especially my assumptions!

BTW: Conite, How did you remove the Keyboard from your screenshot? Kidding! I know, stupid joke!

09-13-17 09:43 PM
    With the Android ecosystem 3:2 is the lowest you can go. 1:1 or 4:5 nope!
    09-13-17 10:04 PM
    With the Android ecosystem 3:2 is the lowest you can go. 1:1 or 4:5 nope!
    4:3 is the lowest on a smartphone. 1:1 on wearables.
    09-13-17 10:06 PM
    Thanks for the correction!
    09-13-17 10:08 PM
    You set me up on this Question, I know you but...

Then how is the Keyone 3x2?

I realized after using my brain 3x2 doesn't always mean wider but it should of imo..

Are we meaning pixels again? If so I still have to grasp this and yes I know that Passport has 45x(?) pixels per Yada Yada?.. 454? Is it higher then 1080 passport or keyone?...

I know Priv is?..

BTW: Android wouldn't approve a 1x1 correct?..

09-13-17 10:42 PM
    You set me up on this Question, I know you but...

Then how is the Keyone 3x2?

I realized after using my brain 3x2 doesn't always mean wider but it should of imo..

Are we meaning pixels again? If so I still have to grasp this and yes I know that Passport has 45x(?) pixels per Yada Yada?.. 454? Is it higher then 1080 passport or keyone?...

I know Priv is?..

BTW: Android wouldn't approve a 1x1 correct?..

We're talking aspect ratio. It has nothing to do with pixels. It's height to width ratio.
    09-13-17 10:44 PM
    We're talking aspect ratio. It has nothing to do with pixels. It's height to width ratio.
    Agreed, but, but.. was reading your other post regarding pixels. Confused me!

Damn Canadians!

LOL, DPR

09-13-17 10:59 PM
    Where are you located? Maybe you should try finding a shop that actually has one on display. In the US that maybe, MAYBE, Sprint.
    09-14-17 12:53 AM
    Samsung Keyboard cover + S7 edge is almost *exactly* 5x4. Apps work fine. I have no idea why Google doesnt let manufacturers do 1:1
    09-14-17 01:01 AM
    Samsung Keyboard cover + S7 edge is almost *exactly* 5x4. Apps work fine. I have no idea why Google doesnt let manufacturers do 1:1
    It's "to advanced" LOL..

Nah, I agree with you!

I have no idea why blackberry didn't go wider. Maybe with Key2...

09-14-17 02:21 AM
    Where are you located? Maybe you should try finding a shop that actually has one on display. In the US that maybe, MAYBE, Sprint.
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

09-14-17 02:21 AM
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Does Tmobile have them in stores?
    09-14-17 02:25 PM
    Does Tmobile have them in stores?
    I have not been over there yet but with AT&T as well as Cricket. Both the same as you may know. I have not been to either store in awhile as pay online or via an app. Actually now I pay via BlackBerry browser as realized no benefit to having the app. I thought I heard almost all major carriers now have BlackBerry again in the USA and AT&T has exclusive to the Black, blackberry k1. I like the original silver as reminds me of the PP more however the extra gig in the black may be worth it! That's peanuts compared to the fact that - I hope they go wider with Key2 although I'm sure it's a superb phone from what I hear..

Also for a start to get into people's hands (newbies to BB) might be better to stick more traditional and branch out from there once they are hooked on the crackberry..

09-14-17 03:04 PM