My keyone bb-100-1, did the same thing. It started to randomly reboot, I do a complete back up to Google, as it turned out they wanted me to pay for additional storage for my backup. I tried backing up to my computer, needless to say everything did not back up. Did a factory reset, in the process of resetting, I get a fatal error, and it died. Had it repaired, it proceeded to update, first one went okay, it brick on the second update; called my carrier, how bb devices, I end up getting an 128GB, S10. I too will miss BlackBerry, I unfortunately feel BlackBerry left the consumer under John Chen a long time ago.
    I won't miss watching JC destroy a once stellar company. I will miss BlackBerry too, but not nearly as much as I miss webOS and my Pre³ and Veer and Touchpad with cyanogen mod allowing dual boot to webOS/Android... Cyanogen is gone too !!
    03-28-20 04:14 PM
    I won't miss watching JC destroy a once stellar company. I will miss BlackBerry too, but not nearly as much as I miss webOS and my Pre³ and Veer and Touchpad with cyanogen mod allowing dual boot to webOS/Android... Cyanogen is gone too !!
    Chen had nothing to do with it. He is the only reason there even IS a BlackBerry to talk about today.

He was hired specifically to get out of handsets. Once the rest of his portfolio was up to snuff, he finally put an end to them, and made a quick buck off licencing fees as an added bonus.
    03-28-20 05:15 PM
    titan device is prime for the price, but the PKB software is fickle and the layout is terrible... the capacitive feature is only doing vertical scroll and is very jerky...not buttery smooth. they say all that is being worked on for April update... we'll see
    When you consider the price it's great that we even have keyboard scrolling... I'm using Blackberry keyboard software and it doesn't miss a beat... Never owned a Key2 but my Titan is much quicker than my KeyOne... I am really pleased with my purchase... Getting back to the keyboard scrolling if the software was updated to allow a little run on after lifting your finger it would be as good as any Blackberry imo...
    03-28-20 05:57 PM
    When you consider the price it's great that we even have keyboard scrolling... I'm using Blackberry keyboard software and it doesn't miss a beat... Never owned a Key2 but my Titan is much quicker than my KeyOne... I am really pleased with my purchase... Getting back to the keyboard scrolling if the software was updated to allow a little run on after lifting your finger it would be as good as any Blackberry imo...
    I love the display and I am sad I cannot author using the PKB having to focus on the difficult layout distracting from the writing. On KEY² it just flows. Key¹ was almost as good. I would hope they make a Titan² with a nicer PKB and more utilitarian layout. I would buy it.
    03-29-20 12:02 PM
    I love the display and I am sad I cannot author using the PKB having to focus on the difficult layout distracting from the writing. On KEY² it just flows. Key¹ was almost as good. I would hope they make a Titan² with a nicer PKB and more utilitarian layout. I would buy it.
    I agree with you regarding the keyboard, it was probably a tough ask to match Blackberry keyboard quality and of course they couldn't just copy the layout for fear of being sued I guess... I am using mine as my daily driver and it's getting easier and more natural to use... Part of the issue is the width of the keyboard and as such you have to move your thumbs much more than the KeyOne and Key2 which for me were and are pkb perfection... I can say though after having mine for around a week I am getting faster and faster... Hope that the Titan sells enough to encourage Unihertz to make more pkb phones... But for now I am really glad they made this one and love the form factor, particularly the square screen as I use mine primarily for business and it is great for looking at drawings and reading documents...
    03-29-20 01:17 PM
    I agree with you regarding the keyboard, it was probably a tough ask to match Blackberry keyboard quality and of course they couldn't just copy the layout for fear of being sued I guess... I am using mine as my daily driver and it's getting easier and more natural to use... Part of the issue is the width of the keyboard and as such you have to move your thumbs much more than the KeyOne and Key2 which for me were and are pkb perfection... I can say though after having mine for around a week I am getting faster and faster... Hope that the Titan sells enough to encourage Unihertz to make more pkb phones... But for now I am really glad they made this one and love the form factor, particularly the square screen as I use mine primarily for business and it is great for looking at drawings and reading documents...
    As it is I will keep the Titan for those same reasons. But, I am typing Thia quickly and effortlessly on my KEY² just purchased to get me through...
    Grungni likes this.
    03-29-20 01:32 PM
    You will love the S20 plus... Would have got a Huawei P30 Pro myself... Have moved on to the Unihertz Titan to continue using a PKB... :-)
    How do you plan to use it, without the Google ecosystem? I know Huawei is trying their own thing, with the Amazon app store, ala BlackBerry back in the day; hope it works better, or you'll be stuck with a very good ,but less functional device.
    04-04-20 12:09 AM
    How do you plan to use it, without the Google ecosystem? I know Huawei is trying their own thing, with the Amazon app store, ala BlackBerry back in the day; hope it works better, or you'll be stuck with a very good ,but less functional device.
    P30 is easy to root. As such, adding GApps is a cinch.

You can also install the Google Apps in other ways without root.
    04-04-20 12:15 AM
    P30 Pro has Google apps...
    04-04-20 10:00 AM
    P30 Pro has Google apps...
    You're right of course. I was thinking P40.
    Grungni likes this.
    04-04-20 10:06 AM
    HELP please. I hope you all can guide me to save my baby. So I came back to find my phone power off, tried everything then for some reason, it came back on with the options to startup as normal, fastboot up, or hold power down for a forced reset. i tried all options but fastboot only worked but the white led light kept blinking so then I did a power hold to do a reset/restart, now it won't turn on and occasionally a white LED light just keeps blinking. Help please. This is not a good time for my phone to die with the coronavirus and everything, I don't know how I'll be able to replace it.
    Woke up this morning to mine doing the same thing.

I can't get it to boot in any way. Just blinking white LED. 1011011. Sprint branded as well.

If I could get into an boot menu, I would try to use the PC app. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to do anything.

I called Sprint/TMobile and they told me that I don't have to make any changes to my plan and I can get a TMobile sim card for a new phone. Ordered a Key2 silver off of Amazon with next day delivery and I'm hoping everything works out. Wanted to upgrade to a Key2 anyways due to low memory in my Key1.

However, I would like to figure out how to get this keyone unbricked. I know I'm going to lose everything but would be nice to have this thing working. I just did a screen and battery replacement on it 6 months ago!
    08-05-20 08:45 AM
    Woke up this morning to mine doing the same thing.

I can't get it to boot in any way. Just blinking white LED. 1011011. Sprint branded as well.

If I could get into an boot menu, I would try to use the PC app. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to do anything.

I called Sprint/TMobile and they told me that I don't have to make any changes to my plan and I can get a TMobile sim card for a new phone. Ordered a Key2 silver off of Amazon with next day delivery and I'm hoping everything works out. Wanted to upgrade to a Key2 anyways due to low memory in my Key1.

However, I would like to figure out how to get this keyone unbricked. I know I'm going to lose everything but would be nice to have this thing working. I just did a screen and battery replacement on it 6 months ago!
    Older BlackBerry we use to have list for the error codes.... I haven't seen one for the Android devices.

Maybe try the KEYone Upgrade Tool?
    08-05-20 10:29 AM
    Older BlackBerry we use to have list for the error codes.... I haven't seen one for the Android devices.

Maybe try the KEYone Upgrade Tool?
    When I attach the KEYone to my PC, it doesn't even recognize it is attached.

It would be nice to find out what this error code is. Like I said, it is 1 long, 2 short, 2 short. I think in the old days that would have read as 1011011

I'm going to throw this thing in the freezer for an hour. I don't think it will do anything but maybe I can get it to boot up one last time!
    08-05-20 11:53 AM
    Did not throw it in the freezer (that was a joke).

I removed the battery cable again on the back of the keyone and then reattached. The LED blink goes away for a minute or two and then returns. There is no activity on the screen or any noises/vibration coming from the phone. I wish there were a way to figure out what has caused the device to not respond. May look around for my old battery to see if swapping that gives any change. Have to believe there is an error on the circuit board.

If it were an OS problem, wouldn't it still be able to be booted into bootloader menu?
    08-05-20 12:33 PM
    Further update: I got a Key2. Waited until this morning and let the Key1 battery completely drained. Thought, what the hell, maybe I can get it to boot.

AND IT DID...sorta.

First, it came on with the charging screen and began to charge. I let it get to 2% and then tried booting it. I got the blackberry powered by android splash screen. It never went to the Sprint screen, unfortunately and I gave it about 5 minutes before holding the power button in and trying to reboot. No luck on a 2nd reboot. May let the battery drain again (if I can get it to turn on at all) and see if I can get lucky. Just need about 20 minutes to backup contacts, texts and notes. Maybe grab the few pictures I had saved to device instead of SD card.
    08-10-20 10:33 AM
    SHE LIVES...er LIVED!

I plugged the Key1 into the wall and left it for about an hour. Came back and it was flashing yellow, which I knew meant it was charging. Excited, I turned it on. I got the splash screen and it stayed stuck like that for about 4 minutes and then....SPRINT! very slowly with no sound. The phone slowly but surely powered itself back up. However, it kept throwing Blackberry Launcher errors and just in general couldn't get much function out of it. I tried going to settings and creating a Google Backup but it never would accept me selecting my Google account. Finally, the screen went black and wouldn't wake. The buttons would activate the vibrate function but nothing else would happen. Then, that stopped working.

I took it back to the charger and this time the blinking white lights returned.

I think I will just continue this pattern (let it drain, plug it in and hope the charging app opens, try to boot it and back it up) until either eventually it gives out or I get the data.

Any suggestions about what could be going on with this? Could it be a really shot battery? A damaged OS? Days before this thing gave out, I had someone share an Instagram link and clicking it kept crashing IG. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it started working again but the phone was sluggish from then on.

Just need a good 20-30 minutes of decent functionality to get all the important stuff off and move on to the Key2 forever.
    08-10-20 09:27 PM
    SHE LIVES...er LIVED!

I plugged the Key1 into the wall and left it for about an hour. Came back and it was flashing yellow, which I knew meant it was charging. Excited, I turned it on. I got the splash screen and it stayed stuck like that for about 4 minutes and then....SPRINT! very slowly with no sound. The phone slowly but surely powered itself back up. However, it kept throwing Blackberry Launcher errors and just in general couldn't get much function out of it. I tried going to settings and creating a Google Backup but it never would accept me selecting my Google account. Finally, the screen went black and wouldn't wake. The buttons would activate the vibrate function but nothing else would happen. Then, that stopped working.

I took it back to the charger and this time the blinking white lights returned.

I think I will just continue this pattern (let it drain, plug it in and hope the charging app opens, try to boot it and back it up) until either eventually it gives out or I get the data.

Any suggestions about what could be going on with this? Could it be a really shot battery? A damaged OS? Days before this thing gave out, I had someone share an Instagram link and clicking it kept crashing IG. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it started working again but the phone was sluggish from then on.

Just need a good 20-30 minutes of decent functionality to get all the important stuff off and move on to the Key2 forever.
    I'd try reloading the OS.... just to rule that and any other software out of the picture.
    08-12-20 01:57 PM
    Update 8/12:

After 2 days of allowing the LED to flash until the battery died, I made two attempts to reboot.

The first attempt did nothing except create a new series of LED errors: 9 fast flashes. It did this for about 5 hours.

The 2nd attempt (after the LED finally stopped flashing), I plugged the phone into wall charger. I got a solid white LED for about 10 minutes. Then the Blackberry splash came on. The boot menu appeared. I attempted option 2 (continue boot) but it rejected it every time. Finally, I tried 3rd option, reboot into fastboot. It did nothing. The phone went dead. So, I unplugged it for about 2 minutes, plugged it back in and the phone returned to the boot menu.

This time, I selected option 4 - Turn off Device. This froze the screen and created a new LED error code of 101111. The Blackberry splash with bootloader menu stayed on screen until the battery died again.

As you may remember, as similar process to this was used last time I got it to boot and eventually I charged the device to 60% and it slowly rebooted. Currently, though, the battery charging screen is not showing up. That was the key. Getting the device to recognize it was in charging mode seemed to be the big difference.

Anyways, some may ask why I continue to post these updates. I do it because I am sure there will be someone out there who will have some issue like this come up and may do a Google search and this thread will be a result. If any of the info I shared gives them any insight into saving their phone, even if just for a few minutes, I'd love to help.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can share some insight on whether they think this is a hardware or software issue. Part of me believes there could be a connection with the replacement battery I installed 6 months ago. Another part of me thinks the OS has something wrong with it. I was consistently running out of internal memory over the last 4 months, so maybe that caused this breakdown. Without an idea of what these error codes mean, I'm at a lost other than trial and error.
    08-12-20 02:01 PM
    I'd try reloading the OS.... just to rule that and any other software out of the picture.
    Will this wipe the device or can you do a repair installation? Having had success in getting it to reboot once before, I'd like to try and get another shot at saving the contacts and data remaining on there that wasn't on the SD Card.
    08-12-20 02:10 PM
    Will this wipe the device or can you do a repair installation? Having had success in getting it to reboot once before, I'd like to try and get another shot at saving the contacts and data remaining on there that wasn't on the SD Card.
    There is a no wipe option... but I think what you need to a full on factory reset. And even think I'm thinking it's toast.

If the data is really important, I guess you could try ruling out a bad battery by replacing it.

Really, really important could try buying a whole phone and reusing all the internal components other than the main board.

But I find it hard to believe you didn't have that stuff backed up.... Android Backup? Google Photo Backup? Exchange or Cloud based Accounts? Are you sure that info isn't saved for you somewhere?
    08-12-20 02:46 PM
    There is a no wipe option... but I think what you need to a full on factory reset. And even think I'm thinking it's toast.

If the data is really important, I guess you could try ruling out a bad battery by replacing it.

Really, really important could try buying a whole phone and reusing all the internal components other than the main board.

But I find it hard to believe you didn't have that stuff backed up.... Android Backup? Google Photo Backup? Exchange or Cloud based Accounts? Are you sure that info isn't saved for you somewhere?
    A replacement key1 battery is $15 next day prime on Amazon so may try that route knowing may be flushing $15 down the toilet.

When migrated from BlackBerry Link to Android I was not aware how to back anything up away from BlackBerry software. I now see I can use Google backup to backup the important data. As far as the Key1, it has some contacts I did not have backed up and some notes I want to grab. Other than that, some record keeping screenshots that I had yet to transfer over to SD card.

It is not soul crushing if I don't get any of this but I'm interested in solving this riddle now to present a possible path for others in the future as these keyones start to give up the ghost.
    08-12-20 04:32 PM
    A replacement key1 battery is $15 next day prime on Amazon so may try that route knowing may be flushing $15 down the toilet.

When migrated from BlackBerry Link to Android I was not aware how to back anything up away from BlackBerry software. I now see I can use Google backup to backup the important data. As far as the Key1, it has some contacts I did not have backed up and some notes I want to grab. Other than that, some record keeping screenshots that I had yet to transfer over to SD card.

It is not soul crushing if I don't get any of this but I'm interested in solving this riddle now to present a possible path for others in the future as these keyones start to give up the ghost.
    Google backup would have been on by default, I believe. Try setting up your new KEY² and see if there's a backup available to restore...
    08-12-20 05:16 PM
    Google backup would have been on by default, I believe. Try setting up your new KEY² and see if there's a backup available to restore...
    It was not and there is not.
    08-12-20 06:09 PM
    It was not and there is not.
    Ouch. Well, good luck getting it booted up and keep us updated.
    08-12-20 07:09 PM

Not only do you need to enable Google Backup.... but also Google Photo Sync, with the understanding it saves HD Quality, but not full Quality.... unless you pay for extra storage.

I also used OneDrive for a secondary backup for Photos and Documents.... Making sure to export data from a few apps to the document folder from time to time - Password Keeper, Tasker.....
    08-13-20 06:51 AM
54 123