How am I trolling? I've been saying for ages that it's overpriced.

K1 owners just have to admit they were ripped off. Its ok, I've been ripped off too.

I've paid over $1000 Cad for the Priv. That was a lot of money. And while in restrospect it wasn't worth it, I didn't mind too much.

I understand the low production run = higher price per component cost.

But they're using cheap parts! They have zero quality control!

The K1 is a pile of trash. An overpriced pile of trash at that.

OnePlus just proved that the K1 could have been far more powerful.

TCL banked on the name, and on the BlackBerry faithful who can't accept any criticism.

Every brand has fanboys, but BlackBerry ones are by far the worst.

And here is the thing, I like BlackBerry devices, I've owned several. I want them to succeed.

So when they put our a subpar device, they should be called out to fix it.

Anyone can pair a big battery with a mid-tier processor. That's easy. It's not an achievement.

With Google doing the hard lifting on battery optimizations, they don't even have to try that hard.

Making a thin, attractive device, AND having great battery life, AND giving it an attractive price point is a challenge.

If the K1 was at least like 300-350 bucks, which is still more than the competition at that level of hardware, it would be acceptable, but it's not.

Now you may not care about specs, and you really really want the keyboard, and you're willing to overpay for the keyboard and the BlackBerry name. And don't give me anything about updates because the Priv and Dteks don't have nougat, clearly BlackBerry doesn't update their devices.

Then fine, buy it, be happy with it. But realize you overpaid. That's all.

And hopefully you can get your warranty replacement when it falls apart, when you throw it from being fed up with the lag that is going to happen.

Calling me a troll. Are you kidding me? You're delusional.
    If you're not a troll, you certainly go out of your way to slate the KEYone, which to a lot of people fits the troll aspect.

Why not go on other manufacturer specific forums and ***** about those phone's? Perhaps you do already?
    06-22-17 07:58 AM
    Never mind. the amazon best selling list showed K1 rank 15, (1st phone on the list that north of 500.00 range) ahead of S8 and S8+. your pick. ;-)
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...UvbUpU12934957
    06-22-17 08:01 AM
    Except it's not. The 625 is not premium. The 3gb of ram is not premium. The plastic back is not premium. The falling screens are not premium. The lag isn't premium.

So what's premium about it? The way it feels in your hand? Great.

Dude, you're allowed to like it. I'm really happy you do. Because otherwise no one would.

I like a crappy phone. In fact I really love it. But I accept it's crappie, has shortfalls, and there are issues with it.

The KO has a lot of them too.
    You really are a KEYone hater!
    06-22-17 08:01 AM
    One plus 3 T is the best and the 5 is the best of best. No possible the comparison, it is like a dog against an elephant
    06-22-17 08:03 AM
    Except it's not. The 625 is not premium. The 3gb of ram is not premium. The plastic back is not premium. The falling screens are not premium. The lag isn't premium.

So what's premium about it? The way it feels in your hand? Great.

Dude, you're allowed to like it. I'm really happy you do. Because otherwise no one would.

I like a crappy phone. In fact I really love it. But I accept it's crappie, has shortfalls, and there are issues with it.

The KO has a lot of them too.

Um, I like the phone too. So that part of your statement is wrong since there is at least two of us. Additionally, so the SoC and RAM is what makes a phone premium? I am always amazed how people cherry pick attributes of a phone to argue their point. So, YOU feel that due to its SoC and RAM that it is not premium. That is your opinion of which you are entitled to, but you shouldn't state it as fact. I also assume that you feel as though phones with plastic/ rubber backs are less than premium as well. Seems like another opinion of what you consider premium. I find the KeyOne's build quality exceptional as I have had no issues. No gaps in the marrying up of materials. Everything sound. The materials used on the phone are well thought out and feel good in the hand. Does it have its shortfalls and issues. Of course it does. What phone doesn't? Apple's phones have proven themselves to overly fragile, susceptible to easily being damaged. Same with Samsung. The reality is there is no simple answer to what is premium.
    06-22-17 08:33 AM
    High quality build? Screens are falling off these things by just taking them out of its case.
    This is an argument that everyone keeps going to. Again though, what percentage of phones are affected? Please tell me. But you can't. I don't think that anyone here would argue that Apple/FoxConn makes premium devices. They are often lauded for it. Yet they went thru not being able to keep your phones in your pocket for fear of them bending (which they subsequently fixed in their next iteration by using different framework) or having to hold the phone a certain way so as to not lose signal. They have had numerous issues. Errors in manufacturing happen and then are addressed and fixed. Samsung had exploding phones, LG had phones dying via bootloop issues. It goes on and on. I, however, feel as though the BlackBerry issue is being blown out of proportion. I know that doesn't help those affected. Until someone can show some quantifiable data as to what percentage of phones are affected then I am resolved to view it as the some 30ish cases that we see here on CrackBerry.
    sag7392 likes this.
    06-22-17 08:41 AM
    Understood. But my point was that it's clearly not "everybody".
    06-22-17 09:06 AM
    Never mind. the amazon best selling list showed K1 rank 15, (1st phone on the list that north of 500.00 range) ahead of S8 and S8+. your pick. ;-)
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...UvbUpU12935022
    In fairness, Amazon is one of only two places in which you can buy the Keyone while you can buy the others listed at multiple locations. It would only stand to reason that their sales would be higher for that reason.
    06-22-17 09:07 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...UvbUpU12935023
    In fairness, Amazon is one of only two places in which you can buy the Keyone while you can buy the others listed at multiple locations. It would only stand to reason that their sales would be higher for that reason.
    06-22-17 09:07 AM
    Understood. But my point was that it's clearly not "everybody".
    Luck of the draw? Would seem if it affects so many others it would affect all. As in that thread some just didn't realize since the error message is just suppressed in the update.

Can't believe a lot of those people have defective cards.

Of course I guess some have bad luck and some have good.
    06-22-17 09:24 AM
    A friend of mine had the one plus 2. The support is really really bad.

If anything happens you would have to send it in somewhere to china and if you have a single scratch or blemish, they will refuse any warranty claim and leave you alone.

That were their conditions at the time they sold their phones over invitiations, idk if it has changed by now
    ...and the BlackBerry's support?
    06-22-17 09:27 AM
    I think that was US market alone so there be like 20,000 sold world wide if I can guess. That's not bad for niche phone.
    No, TCL's press release said "thousands worldwide".
    06-22-17 09:35 AM
    A friend of mine had the one plus 2. The support is really really bad.

If anything happens you would have to send it in somewhere to china and if you have a single scratch or blemish, they will refuse any warranty claim and leave you alone.

That were their conditions at the time they sold their phones over invitiations, idk if it has changed by now
    Well in their last conference they talked about how they have been working hard to make the customer service better. Oneplus is a good company in my opinion they just dont have much of fans since they are new
    06-22-17 09:40 AM
    Same with you on your baseless assumptions on the amount of people carrying two devices. Personally I don't know anyone that carries or uses two devices although I there are people that do it.

Posted via CB10
    I carry 2 at all times, same goes for 40+ members in my team. There reasons for it, but the biggest thought recently - we want to place a barrier between work and personal. Nothing worse texting or using a phone and receiving an email from he client giving you the rails.
    06-22-17 09:56 AM
    DTEK doesn't provide you any more security than any other Android phone running nougat. It might alert you to any potential permissions you don't want granted but it doesn't actually do anything. It's just a way to see what you've installed and how it's working within your phone. To me it's just simply a marketing gimmick.
    I am currently using an S8+, but have had the DTEK60 and Priv before that. While you are correct it doesn't do anything but alert you, being made aware of what certain apps were doing is a feature I miss.

While most apps are good in how they access your info, such as accessing your pictures so it can save a picture to your phone, some were doing things when you least expect them to. An example I had was one of those digital flyer apps. It would access my location multiple times a day even when I didn't have it open. Being made aware of this, I disabled the location feature in that app so there was one less thing to drain my battery.

I don't disable location on my device since I rely on GPS extensively.

That's just one example of how I found it useful.

I had another app access my microphone when there should be no reason to. Without being made aware, I would have just let that go as I wouldn't know any better.

So IMHO, DTEK was a great feature.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-22-17 10:03 AM
    I also heard from my friends that Oneplus are good phones.
    But without the PKB, I cannot consider and or compare them to BlackBerry Passport or KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 10:10 AM
    I am currently using an S8+, but have had the DTEK60 and Priv before that. While you are correct it doesn't do anything but alert you, being made aware of what certain apps were doing is a feature I miss.

While most apps are good in how they access your info, such as accessing your pictures so it can save a picture to your phone, some were doing things when you least expect them to. An example I had was one of those digital flyer apps. It would access my location multiple times a day even when I didn't have it open. Being made aware of this, I disabled the location feature in that app so there was one less thing to drain my battery.

I had another app access my microphone when there should be no reason to. Without being made aware, I would have just let that go as I wouldn't know any better.

Nice those are some good uses actually.

Should make it available to all.
    06-22-17 10:18 AM

Yes, I get what you are saying. My point was that DTEK doesn't provide some top level security for your phone. All it does is alert you to what you have on your phone and what you are doing. Which at that point you can either not grant the permission when you download it or remove the app. I'm not saying its totally useless, but I think BlackBerry can be misleading with it as its really just a notifier and doesn't really offer any protection. I was referencing the OP who said "The high level security of DTEK." It doesn't provide any built in high level security that any other Android phone running Nougat does. Can it notify you of a location being used, sure. But to me its common sense that every single app doesn't need location services used so I disable that any way and don't need DTEK to tell me that.
    06-22-17 10:50 AM
    Even at $550. It may have custom parts but in no way revolutionary to up-charge.

Time will tell once we see the secondary market or discounts. But my feeling is they will continue producing low volumes to avoid that scenario.
    I looked at price on plus 5 based on estimated price in US and converting to Canadian it is about $649.00. A unlocked Keyone at Cendirect.com is $692.00, nor much more.
    06-22-17 11:00 AM
    if dtek can prevent fire ball type of attach, it would be good - (1) ensure no pre-installed virus on hardware, (2) prevent any download app or other stuff change setting - without your awareness.
    06-22-17 11:19 AM
    I was referencing the OP who said "The high level security of DTEK." It doesn't provide any built in high level security that any other Android phone running Nougat does.
    How many other Android users would even be made aware that their flashlight App was accessing their microphone? Don't downplay the DTEK notification system too much. Damage can be substantially mitigated by early detection.

The real protection comes from DTEK's real-time integrity detection which would notify immediately if a system file has been altered. It would also not allow a persistent root. This is not a feature of vanilla-Nougat.
    terminatorx and cbvinh like this.
    06-22-17 11:43 AM
    Yep, it's like a Surface Pro or pickup truck.

They aren't going to go as fast as your dollar can go, but that's not the point of them!
    I would like to know what the night view screen is like on the 1P5. I miss my ebook reader that died and would like to know if this is a good option for night time reading.
    06-22-17 11:48 AM
    I've had none of those issues. None.

You'd change your tune if you used a KEYᵒⁿᵉ for a couple of days.

I see no logical reason for you to continue bashing the product without real first hand experience.
    I would really like to get the K1, but where can I actually TRY one? Nobody has them and even to get on a 5-6 week wait for one I have to give credit card and hope I can return it after I see it, and incur shipping, handling, and restocking charges, I want an unlocked one so can't go through the major carriers. I was hoping this forum would help me decide, but it seems like most of the posts are biased arguments between Blackberry lovers and haters. Sorry, I would really like to see and touch and try one of both these phones.
    06-22-17 12:15 PM
    wait and go to CBK's meet up.
    06-22-17 12:32 PM
    One plus 3 T is the best and the 5 is the best of best. No possible the comparison, it is like a dog against an elephant
    It's not the 'best of the best' by a long shot. OP5 is a great phone for the price, but it is not without its own complaints either.

For example see https://betanews.com/2017/06/22/onep...mera-trickery/
    06-22-17 03:07 PM
301 ... 56789 ...