High quality build? Screens are falling off these things by just taking them out of its case.
    That's an unforeseen defect, how does that play in the actual costs of manufacturing or the actual costs of the materials used??

Let me give you an example. Have you heard of a company called Heckler and Koch? They are a German firearms manufacturer. Really stuck-up snooty company that only cares about their big contract customers like military and law enforcement agencies. They make guns like the MP5, G36, G3, USP, UMP, and many others you've likely seen in some video game or another. They all cost an arm and a leg and special forces, law enforcement, and others regularly use their firearms.

I don't like them because of their snooty attitudes towards "normal" consumers, but will you argue that they make low quality products? No? Well, how about if I told you that their famous G36 suffers from a problem that after long sustained fire, the part of the receiver that the barrel locks into actually will start to melt leading to very inconsistent shots and very low accuracy? *gasp* so because that happens, that must mean the entire firearm is a cheaply made piece of garbage right??

Well, under the "logic" I've seen here, that's exactly what that means. I better write to H&K and inform them their products are cheaply made garbage...
    06-23-17 06:22 PM
    To OP:

I got the KEYone. Now I don't know what to do with it because it has a really annoying bug. Also the performance is way behind my S7 Edge. Not to mention that some people have their K1 screen lifted....This thing is NOT built like a tank. It is an early batch and has loads of problems. Do NOT buy the K1 , at least not now. You will definitely regret it.
    I will? When?
    06-23-17 06:24 PM
    Fantastic battery? Cheaper Huawei devices.

Very good camera? Almost every thing else has a better camera. The K1s camera is OK at best.

Blackberry software like the hub? Almost every android phone has access to that!

Monthly updates? Nexus lines, Pixels, Nokia, some Samsung models.

And at least they're rolling out Nougat which blackberry isn't even doing for their older devices.

Which leaves us at the pkb. Shortcuts? Only works on home screen, and not with a custom launcher, so basically might as well not exist.

But I'll tell you what. It is the BEST keyboard on a device right now. It's good that you think that's worth a $250 premium over similar devices.

Now you tell me which devices lack adhesive on the screen, have bad cell coverage, have microphones that don't worm, terrible lag, crappy build quality, and still manage to charge a premium price and have defenders like the KO?

You're looking for something as good as the KO. I'm trying to find something as bad, and having a really hard time.
    Lol, funny because many websites have done tests of the camera, and while it's not "the best" it definitely out-performs many phones out there. And what good are these things if each individual quality is in a different phone? Does that mean I have to get a pixel, lose the sd card slot, to get monthly updates, then get a huawei to get good battery? Like should I wire up the pixel to the huawei or something? I'm confused. And so because you lose the shortcuts with another launcher that means the shortcuts don't exist? What? Lol.

Oh man, forget I said anything. You're someone who has absolutely no interest in this phone, yet regularly comes into this forum just to try to trash talk it. Then deny being a troll. Freakin' hilarious...
    06-23-17 06:29 PM
    YOU haven't.

But you don't have to go much farther than these very forums to see multiple daily complaints of those issues.

And yes, just because you don't have them doesn't mean they don't exist.

And I have played with the key one. It was excessively big for a relatively small package.

It was a big pile of "meh" .

Which is the last thing you'd expect from BlackBerry.

Besides, I tend to not buy phones with falling screens. My passport was enough, thank you.
    What?? You mean people come to tech forums to voice their concerns after they experience a problem??? *gasp* that makes the KEYone so special in that regard!!! That doesn't happen for any other device in any other device forum!!!! :'D
    06-23-17 06:31 PM
    I think everyone has the SD issue. That should be fixed with an update. If that the only issue, not bad.
    I never had an issue with the SD card...
    06-23-17 06:34 PM
    Luck of the draw? Would seem if it affects so many others it would affect all. As in that thread some just didn't realize since the error message is just suppressed in the update.

Can't believe a lot of those people have defective cards.

Of course I guess some have bad luck and some have good.
    I'm part of a BBM group who all has KEYone's. None of them has the sd card issue, none of them has the screen lift issue. And we joined the group BEFORE getting the K1's before you try to claim it's simply a "join this group only if you have a defect-free K1" group...
    06-23-17 06:38 PM
    Integrity Detection isn't something even unique to DTEK though:
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1ffa688ff2.jpg
    Knox is free to have right?
    06-23-17 06:42 PM
    Maybe they wanted the extra storage space? After all...
    Read the no sd card thing after I replied to that other one. Thus the order the replies are in...
    06-23-17 06:45 PM
    It's called marketing strategy!
    Lol, it's like BB's lack of marketing but worse, reverse marketing!
    06-23-17 06:46 PM
    It has boot loader unlocked right out of the box! It's custom rom friendly device so it's not for everyone. No other company is using 8gb ram for smartphone. It's just not for everyone.
    But having 8gb of RAM will not turn anyone away from it like a pkb could. That doesn't play into making it a "niche" product...
    06-23-17 06:47 PM
    It's from a nobody Chinese OEM and is specifically aimed at enthusiasts. Not as niche as the KEYone, but not exactly a Samsung either.
    Anything compared to a Samsung or Apple is niche, lol.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-23-17 06:48 PM
    This thread is priceless. No
    shock that people are actually upset with OnePlus for offering a nice device at a good price. Amazing the amount of nonsense posted.
    I don't know who is upset at that. Someone who wants a nice all-touch slab will have a good choice in the one-plus. I personally would go even cheaper though with the Moto G5 Plus because I don't game on my phone so all of that extra stuff (and lack of sd card slot) doesn't justify the extra cost FOR ME. Obviously if you do want to have a much faster CPU that seems like the best choice right now for the money. I do wonder what the cheapest choice is out there for a phone with those specs and a sd card slot...
    06-23-17 06:51 PM
    Always good to know if I ever have questions regarding manufacturing we have so many experts here to turn to. Love CB.
    What did i say? That i think they are not in a rush to produce more units to saturate the market?
    06-23-17 06:55 PM
    Note was quickly resolved? Was this before or after they continuously tried to deny there was a problem with them? Just curious...
    Did they not admit there was an issue and took the units back replacing them with others to owners?

Aug 24th reports came in. September 2 they began recals. If you are curious.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-23-17 06:59 PM
    It has boot loader unlocked right out of the box! It's custom rom friendly device so it's not for everyone. No other company is using 8gb ram for smartphone. It's just not for everyone.
    i hate to break news to you. there are MANY 8Gb RAM handsets, including Mi note3... top Upcoming Smartphones with 8GB RAM of 2017-2018 - Gizbot
    your girl friend might pull out a better slab than you out of her pocket... it is not that rare... K1? go find another... except that sammy sleeve... (let's see the reliabiilty of the sleeve... typo didn't even last for a week. just take a look at Bold, still kicking after 4-5 years... I wondering CBK will get one of those sleeve to test... or wait.. he is android central now... never mind).
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-23-17 07:03 PM
    i hate to break news to you. there are MANY 8Gb RAM handsets, including Mi note3... top Upcoming Smartphones with 8GB RAM of 2017-2018 - Gizbot
    How many of those phones are even real yet? LG G7? Galaxy S9?

Besides, the draw of OnePlus is the price: the Oneplus 5 (Snapdragon 835/8GB RAM) is $719 Canadian off contract and unlocked compared to $900 for the HTC U11 (Snapdragon 835/4GB RAM), $900 for the LG G6 (Snapdragon 821/4GB RAM), or $1035/1135 for the Galaxy S8/S8+ (Snapdragon 835/4GB RAM).
    06-23-17 07:12 PM
    your girl friend might pull out a better slab than you out of her pocket... it is not that rare... K1? go find another... except that sammy sleeve... (let's see the reliabiilty of the sleeve... typo didn't even last for a week. just take a look at Bold, still kicking after 4-5 years... I wondering CBK will get one of those sleeve to test... or wait.. he is android central now... never mind).
    Thanks! I didn't know everyone is stepping up their game! I wonder if it's necessary to have 8gb ram.
    06-23-17 07:12 PM
    I'm part of a BBM group who all has KEYone's. None of them has the sd card issue, none of them has the screen lift issue. And we joined the group BEFORE getting the K1's before you try to claim it's simply a "join this group only if you have a defect-free K1" group...
    I guess there are a lot of people with defective SD cards.
    06-23-17 07:14 PM
    Thanks! I didn't know everyone is stepping up their game! I wonder if it's necessary to have 8gb ram.
    Future proofing lol
    06-23-17 07:17 PM
    I don't know who is upset at that. Someone who wants a nice all-touch slab will have a good choice in the one-plus. I personally would go even cheaper though with the Moto G5 Plus because I don't game on my phone so all of that extra stuff (and lack of sd card slot) doesn't justify the extra cost FOR ME. Obviously if you do want to have a much faster CPU that seems like the best choice right now for the money. I do wonder what the cheapest choice is out there for a phone with those specs and a sd card slot...
    oh boy slagman5, you are really go on the Firday night assault... are you sure you do not have a weapon from Heckler and Koch? ;-). I am impressed.
    06-23-17 07:20 PM
    OMFG, really? We're going to cling onto that?? The statement was meant to focus on the screen issue, not a report on number of devices sold. This whole "better watch every word" thing the internet is requiring of everyone is really getting out of hand...
    Not cling, but yes that is what TCL stated. They don't say much, so we get what we get.
    06-23-17 07:20 PM
    that you have to ask the google man. if they hire batch of newbies for update, you need more. If they draw from the "redHat" or "whiteHat", K1 is OK. Apple/Tesla/Google/Amazon/Microsoft revolving door, you never know what you get... It also depend upon where your geological location. If you are in Asia, App might take more space than the NA for example... all depend upon how mature is the developer and how much they pay attention to optimization and utilization of resources.. some of them, not really care. As long as they can sell it fast before move to next piece of code. (if you don't believe me, just go check similar candy crash type of games, some of them are HUGE, without too much difference than the others, some of them run really really hot on processor too, consume a lot of battery on its way).
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-23-17 07:32 PM
    Did they not admit there was an issue and took the units back replacing them with others to owners?

Aug 24th reports came in. September 2 they began recals. If you are curious.
    They initially replaced them with units they claimed were "fixed" but also had the same issue didn't they?
    06-23-17 07:33 PM
    I guess there are a lot of people with defective SD cards.
    Ok, not sure how my comment lead you to that conclusion, but I won't argue with you since I don't know how many people actually had the issue.
    06-23-17 07:35 PM
    Who are you calling common??
    Loll damn that was auto correct at its finest on a vkb (the BlackBerry one lol)

I meant to write *come on

I also know you just got your key one but you need to chill man lolll

You're replying to everything and everyone in this thread lol
    06-23-17 07:38 PM
301 ... 89101112 ...