oh boy slagman5, you are really go on the Firday night assault... are you sure you do not have a weapon from Heckler and Koch? ;-). I am impressed.
    Hells no, I honestly despise that company. Not because their products are bad, but because they really do have that "We are perfect, anyone who does anything differently is wrong" kind of attitude. I knew a guy who went to take their armorer's course. And you're supposed to bring your own firearms to work on, H&K only of course. He brought his H&K MP5N. The problem is, he modified his to improve it. Basically the N version had a retractable stock, so it can collapse to be compact, and then extend for use. But H&K in their infinite wisdom made it so it only either extended all the way, or collapsed all the way. Nothing in between. Well, my friend was one of the fire-team leaders of a local SWAT team, and using the MP5 with body armor on he found that fully extended it made the length of pull too long. So he made another notch in the stock so that it had an in-between setting so that it was perfect for while he wore body armor. Well, when the H&K master armorer saw that he had modified their "perfect" design, the guy literally berated him. Like he was literally ANGRY that my friend had modified the weapon to better fit his needs because apparently according to them, everything they design is perfect, so any modification means he just "ruined" that gun...

Obviously he stopped being a H&K fan after that experience, lol. Even switched to using a M4 style SBR as his duty weapon instead of the MP5... Anyway, sorry for getting side-tracked, lol.
    06-23-17 07:45 PM
    Not cling, but yes that is what TCL stated. They don't say much, so we get what we get.
    Yah, I guess you're right. I guess we'll see how it turns out...
    06-23-17 07:45 PM
    Loll damn that was auto correct at its finest on a vkb (the BlackBerry one lol)

I meant to write *come on
    I thought you were going to start calling us "normies" soon or something, haha.
    06-23-17 07:46 PM
    Lol, funny because many websites have done tests of the camera, and while it's not "the best" it definitely out-performs many phones out there. And what good are these things if each individual quality is in a different phone? Does that mean I have to get a pixel, lose the sd card slot, to get monthly updates, then get a huawei to get good battery? Like should I wire up the pixel to the huawei or something? I'm confused. And so because you lose the shortcuts with another launcher that means the shortcuts don't exist? What? Lol.

Oh man, forget I said anything. You're someone who has absolutely no interest in this phone, yet regularly comes into this forum just to try to trash talk it. Then deny being a troll. Freakin' hilarious...
    He isn't a troll anymore than people who exaggerate the keyone's laurels.

Like someone said the shutter speed was super fast - no it isnt loll. It's slow. Played with one in store. Right next to a g6.

Moral of the story though, is if it's the best to you thenore power to you. If people love the camera more power to you.

BUT, if you're going to say these things in a public forum where people might come for insight to help decision to buy, you have every right to say how much you love it.

But others have ever right to say why they hate it too.

People can decide for themselves.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-23-17 07:53 PM
    He isn't a troll anymore than people who exaggerate the keyone's laurels.

Like someone said the shutter speed was super fast - no it isnt loll. It's slow. Played with one in store. Right next to a g6.

Moral of the story though, is if it's the best to you thenore power to you. If people love the camera more power to you.

BUT, if you're going to say these things in a public forum where people might come for insight to help decision to buy, you have every right to say how much you love it.

But others have ever right to say why they hate it too.

People can decide for themselves.
    I think you're mixing two things up here. There are "fanboys" which is what you're referring to, and then there are trolls. Fanboys are infatuated by the device so they think everything about it is the best, even if it's not. Yes, I've read comments like how the KEYone is the fastest phone in the market... Obviously it's not...

Trolls, on the other hand, they don't actually have an interest in the topic, they post simply to get attention and a reaction. Such as someone who obviously has absolutely no interest in the KEYone, will never have an interest in the KEYone, will never be convinced to have an interest in the KEYone, coming to the KEYone forums just to trash talk it and mock people who have bought one...

It'll be like me going to Windows Central just to inform everyone how that phone OS sucks and they are all fools for buying Windows Phones...
    06-23-17 08:06 PM
    that you have to ask the google man. if they hire batch of newbies for update, you need more. If they draw from the "redHat" or "whiteHat", K1 is OK. Apple/Tesla/Google/Amazon/Microsoft revolving door, you never know what you get... It also depend upon where your geological location. If you are in Asia, App might take more space than the NA for example... all depend upon how mature is the developer and how much they pay attention to optimization and utilization of resources.. some of them, not really care. As long as they can sell it fast before move to next piece of code. (if you don't believe me, just go check similar candy crash type of games, some of them are HUGE, without too much difference than the others, some of them run really really hot on processor too, consume a lot of battery on its way).
    My iPhone does really well with 1gb ram. Does that mean all iOS developers are genius?
    06-23-17 08:09 PM
    My iPhone does really well with 1gb ram. Does that mean all iOS developers are genius?
    Well, their tech support desk in their stores are called Genius Bars aren't they? lol.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-17 08:10 PM
    They initially replaced them with units they claimed were "fixed" but also had the same issue didn't they?
    Maybe, maybe bbm is also sending the same issue replacements as well.
    06-23-17 08:13 PM
    Maybe, maybe bbm is also sending the same issue replacements as well.
    Wouldn't that be a bummer?
    06-23-17 10:01 PM
    Knox is free to have right?
    Yep, it is.
    06-24-17 12:15 AM
    Hopefully you meant to say better quality to beats because beats are terrible...
    Yes that what I was meaning! Better quality!q
    06-24-17 01:01 AM
    I was gonna post about how I got okay with a OP5 and it's very nice.

But whatever. Shills and fanboys are never going to accept criticism.

Criticism helps companies grow, if they're smart about how they take the advice.

Fanboyism leads only to short term gains.

Whatever, keep telling TCK that garbage like the K1 is acceptable, and that's what you'll get.

More poorly built, cheap material, badly optimized devices.

(And yes, the aluminum used is cheap, it easily bends and kinks. High quality material doesn't do that.)

Personally, I want BETTER. I want better from BlackBerry, I want better from TCL.

I want to be proud of carrying a Blackberry. With the keyboard or not. Powerful, modern, well built device.

I don't want too have to compromise my experience, just because of the keyboard. And have to overpay for the experience.

Stop accepting mediocrity. All the defenders here are intelligent people, you are all better than this.

The K1 is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-24-17 02:37 AM

Criticism helps companies grow, if they're smart about how they take the advice.

Whatever, keep telling TCK that garbage like the K1 is acceptable, and that's what you'll get.

(And yes, the aluminum used is cheap, it easily bends and kinks. High quality material doesn't do that.)

Personally, I want BETTER. I want better from BlackBerry, I want better from TCL.

I want to be proud of carrying a Blackberry. With the keyboard or not. Powerful, modern, well built device.

I don't want too have to compromise my experience, just because of the keyboard. And have to overpay for the experience.

Stop accepting mediocrity. All the defenders here are intelligent people, you are all better than this.

Looool look at my post if im a fanboy and if ur calling us a fanboy then your a troll grow up man.. You dont want keyone then dont go to this forum. being critical and a troll is way different and ur the latter

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 03:25 AM
    The OnePlus fans on the OnePlus forum are very very very very very very very very very very very disappointed with the 5...
    Not all of them, we have to be careful not to generalize or speak in absolutes lol I come in peace. I'm actually thinking about getting one for my 3rd line
    06-24-17 04:39 AM
    No. (1) the swift language and hardware did most of it - many use LUT(look up table) in hardware I believe to shorten the execution. the high level language basically did most of the application for you. The "dev" just link different application together... that is why some kids can make app for iphone at reasonably good result. Not droid. I have voice long long time for QNX SDK to be modified to utilize both software and hardware execution... too late now. with AI on the horizon, it is another battle of superiority again. (2) The dev's teacher are superior for swift. Just check stanford youtube open course of swift. If you think that skinning tall prof is not genius, you need to get your head examined. (not all genius can teach..) I have not seen the level of the course, not mention open course offered at that level for both droid or QNX. We talk about 1st year university kids, hand held by genius, No wonder iphone got a leg up. (3) it is close system, the SDK control most of it, the review process do the other small percentage and believe or not, because of iphone app pays well, there are few high level chaps on their side working on leading edge and keep eyes on latest development on hardware, being iMac, iPad or iPhone. I do not see close track and high level discussion in CB compare to the Appleinsider site. even some android site, I believe it is due to decouple of hardware and software. (silly BB) (4) again. swift SDK auto work for both iphone and ipad, by few line of code. you have one stone kill two birds. - i do own both bb and apple stock... i only bet on the good tech. some of them went bust, like marconi... Sun, BeOS. not all the good tech win, some of them just too early for the masses before they run out of money. bleeding edge is not fun.
    06-24-17 06:49 AM

Obviously he stopped being a H&K fan after that experience, lol. Even switched to using a M4 style SBR as his duty weapon instead of the MP5... Anyway, sorry for getting side-tracked, lol.
    you friend should just file patent application (not patent), H&K can come back to him with money ;-). nice story.
    06-24-17 07:06 AM

It's one thing to suggest some ways to improve future devices, but to say the KEYᵒⁿᵉ is total garbage is disingenuous and inflammatory (particularly to those who have the device and absolutely love it). Reasonable discussion cannot ensue with such an outlier, hyperbolic position.
    Last edited by conite; 06-24-17 at 08:59 AM.
    anon(2313227), cbvinh and stlabrat like this.
    06-24-17 08:30 AM
    Yep, it is.
    Would it work on top of the BB loader? Just get it from the Android Play Store?
    06-24-17 09:33 AM
    Yes that what I was meaning! Better quality!q
    Ok, that's good to know, will look into them if I'm ever in the market for ear buds. :-)
    06-24-17 09:33 AM

Wait wait wait. Flexibility in a material means it's low quality, so I take it a metal being stiff and brittle makes it high quality? OMFG, SKYSCRAPERS ALL HAVE LOW QUALITY STEEL!!! PANIC!!!!!11
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-24-17 09:35 AM
    Looool look at my post if im a fanboy and if ur calling us a fanboy then your a troll grow up man.. You dont want keyone then dont go to this forum. being critical and a troll is way different and ur the latter

Posted via CB10
    It's hilarious because some of us have criticized both this phone and BB on many different areas. But because we're not like "Oh, it's made out of cheap aluminum instead of high quality plastic like most other phones, and BB is terrible and this phone is just garbage, and here I am spending so much time in a subforum for a phone I have absolutely no interest in just to trash talk it, but I'm not a troll" that must mean we're fanboys, lmao!!
    06-24-17 09:38 AM
    Would it work on top of the BB loader? Just get it from the Android Play Store?
    So parts of Samsung Knox are built-in to Samsungs own FW already, and then there is the app if you want the whole solution, that is in Play Store, it all seems to be free for Samsung users, you can check if it's available for your K1.

This is what I see when I look for it in Play Store
    06-24-17 09:40 AM
    you friend should just file patent application (not patent), H&K can come back to him with money ;-). nice story.
    I think he is blacklisted from H&K for "ruining" one of their perfect designs, lol.
    06-24-17 09:43 AM
    So parts of Samsung Knox are built-in to Samsungs own FW already, and then there is the app if you want the whole solution, that is in Play Store, it all seems to be free for Samsung users, you can check if it's available for your K1.

This is what I see when I look for it in Play Store
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1527a02129.jpg
    Oh, does it have to work alongside some hardware aspect in Samsung phones? If so, I feel like even if it lets me download it it really won't do any good. I'll take a look anyway. More security is always better, unless it just makes everything unusable of course...

Edit: Reading the description is sounds like part of a MDM solution or some kind of enterprise mobile management component, not something for regular consumer devices?

Edit2: Ah yes, upon reading more into it, it's for businesses who deploy devices to their employees and it allows for them to separate their work and personal space (similar to BlackBerry Balance) while at the same time also make the Android system more secure... So basically it's not for us. Oh well...
    06-24-17 09:44 AM
    Oh, does it have to work alongside some hardware aspect in Samsung phones? If so, I feel like even if it lets me download it it really won't do any good. I'll take a look anyway. More security is always better, unless it just makes everything unusable of course...

Edit: Reading the description is sounds like part of a MDM solution or some kind of enterprise mobile management component, not something for regular consumer devices?

Edit2: Ah yes, upon reading more into it, it's for businesses who deploy devices to their employees and it allows for them to separate their work and personal space (similar to BlackBerry Balance) while at the same time also make the Android system more secure... So basically it's not for us. Oh well...
    Yes. Most of what Knox offers is via EMM.

It doesn't really have a front end for individuals.
    06-24-17 09:54 AM
301 ... 910111213