Never mind. the amazon best selling list showed K1 rank 15, (1st phone on the list that north of 500.00 range) ahead of S8 and S8+. your pick. ;-)
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...UvbUpU12935700
    the issue here is... that almost no one buys S8/S8+ unlocked - they all go via contracts. and I am sure, volumes are times, times bigger.
    06-22-17 04:45 PM
    A friend of mine got the OnePlus 3T, and is loving it, he imported it from Dubai.

If you do not NEED a physical keyboard I'd say go for it, especially the 128GB 8GB RAM model, there is nothing else the KEYone really has over it. Android 7.0 already covers the security areas that DTEK did.

OnePlus are trying to be the Apple of Android, controlling both Hardware and Software so they don't make deals with carriers and all that, and their Android UI is mostly stock Android.

Treat yourself
    I like the fact that one plus does not bloat there devices like Samsung does!!!! Oxygen os is clean and refreshing!!!
    Nvm 128/8 ram version is sold out
    06-22-17 07:25 PM
    The black one plus 5 sold out in half an hour!
    06-22-17 07:26 PM
    How many other Android users would even be made aware that their flashlight App was accessing their microphone? Don't downplay the DTEK notification system too much. Damage can be substantially mitigated by early detection.

The real protection comes from DTEK's real-time integrity detection which would notify immediately if a system file has been altered. It would also not allow a persistent root. This is not a feature of vanilla-Nougat.
    Yeah that's somewhat outdated though. Downloading apps asks you what permissions you want to grant it when you download the app. Don't want a flashlight app having permission to your microphone? Hit deny.

DTEK is nice in theory, but to me its still a gimmick. I also find it odd that the biggest data mining company in the world, Google, isn't checked through DTEK, which to me is such a huge contradiction to the app itself. So to me, gimmick.
    06-22-17 07:37 PM
    Yeah that's somewhat outdated though. Downloading apps asks you what permissions you want to grant it when you download the app. Don't want a flashlight app having permission to your microphone? Hit deny.

DTEK is nice in theory, but to me its still a gimmick. I also find it odd that the biggest data mining company in the world, Google, isn't checked through DTEK, which to me is such a huge contradiction to the app itself. So to me, gimmick.
    If everyone was fully cognisant, we wouldn't need any security at all. DTEK notifications are just another helpful layer - which I agree isn't a mind blower for the savvy user.

BUT you're ignoring the more important feature of DTEK - Integrity Detection.
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-22-17 07:43 PM
    If everyone was fully cognisant, we wouldn't need any security at all. DTEK notifications are just another helpful layer - which I agree isn't a mind blower for the savvy user.

Again, if you are downloading apps outside of the Google Play store you are opening yourself up to issues, and should expect that. Also don't forget that DTEK was also stating that devices had been compromised when they had not. I'm not saying its a worthless feature, but many seem to think that it adds some type of special layer of security on their phone that prevents anything from happening to it. It might show you there is an issue, but if BlackBerry has the most secure Android device then why is the issue even there in the first place?
    06-22-17 07:52 PM
    Again, if you are downloading apps outside of the Google Play store you are opening yourself up to issues, and should expect that. Also don't forget that DTEK was also stating that devices had been compromised when they had not. I'm not saying its a worthless feature, but many seem to think that it adds some type of special layer of security on their phone that prevents anything from happening to it. It might show you there is an issue, but if BlackBerry has the most secure Android device then why is the issue even there in the first place?
    You and I both know that you can't have bit for bit data oversight on a smartphone. There isn't a processor fast enough that could accomplish such a feat. But knowing when the system has been compromised, you could take immediate action and do a factory reset. There's always a chance of a false positive , but it's a much better side to error on.

There absolutely is value in knowing that the OS itself cannot be compromised without immediate warning. That's where the real insidius stuff can hide.
    06-22-17 07:59 PM
    You and I both know that you can't have bit for bit data oversight on a smartphone. There isn't a processor fast enough that could accomplish such a feat. But knowing when the system has been compromised, you could take immediate action and do a factory reset. There's always a chance of a false positive , but it's a much better side to error on.

There absolutely is value in knowing that the OS itself cannot be compromised without immediate warning. That's where the real insidius stuff can hide.
    Yes, I do agree with you. But I also think it's ridiculous when I hear people say something like "My phone is secure because it has DTEK." It helps improve security but doesn't in and of itself make the phone impenetrable to something going wrong. That was my only point to the OP's statement of "High level security of DTEK." It might be a good warning indicator, but it's not in and of itself keeping your phone secure. And it's not just security; it's privacy, for which a phone BB released was named after. How can they say it's private when they don't provide tracking from Google to be detected by the app?
    06-22-17 08:09 PM
    Yes, I do agree with you. But I also think it's ridiculous when I hear people say something like "My phone is secure because it has DTEK." It helps improve security but doesn't in and of itself make the phone impenetrable to something going wrong.
    Agreed.
    06-22-17 08:25 PM
    DTEK is nice in practice not just theory. I see what you are saying about installing any app and it asks you permissions, so just deny here and there. But it's a bit tedious to recall those settings and have to navigate into each app to check. The utility is very useful to review and keep a monitoring count of what each app is doing. It serves a real not just theoretical purpose, of allowing one to review their overall security status from a single portal. No its not essential for survival, but it's still an excellent tool.

Your point about it not being some magical layer of defenceman is noted though, and agree.
    06-22-17 09:02 PM

Integrity Detection isn't something even unique to DTEK though:
    06-23-17 12:14 AM
    I really wanted to buy a PKB phone and BlackBerry. Keyone was the one I was waiting for since the "Mercury" name days. My Z3 ghost touch issues along with the BB10 OS is struggling in the ICU...I prefer PKB over touchscreen phones, but Keyone has a touchscreen too along with PKB. But thats not the deal breaker though. Its the price tag. My friend always comparing every other brand phones with his economical but competent specification bearing Xiaomi handset. I heard these Chinese phones often come loaded with bloatware, but Keyone is by TCL of China basically, nor its the legendary secured BB10 OS. While Xiaomi is not PKB set, the price and specs and positive reviews I gathered from many owning one,whom I personally know, got me thinking if I should buy this one instead of keyone instead.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 12:36 AM
    I really wanted to buy a PKB phone and BlackBerry. Keyone was the one I was waiting for since the "Mercury" name days. My Z3 ghost touch issues along with the BB10 OS is struggling in the ICU...I prefer PKB over touchscreen phones, but Keyone has a touchscreen too along with PKB. But thats not the deal breaker though. Its the price tag. My friend always comparing every other brand phones with his economical but competent specification bearing Xiaomi handset. I heard these Chinese phones often come loaded with bloatware, but Keyone is by TCL of China basically, nor its the legendary secured BB10 OS. While Xiaomi is not PKB set, the price and specs and positive reviews I gathered from many owning one,whom I personally know, got me thinking if I should buy this one instead of keyone instead.

Posted via CB10
    well do you want a pkb or not. dont look too much on spec sheets... keyboard obviously adds up to the price plus the blackberry security... if ur media savy then dont go with keyone.. there's alot of cheap slabs to choose from with this specs.
    06-23-17 03:17 AM
    I never claimed exclusivity. I'm just saying it has value compared to a vanilla implementation. I was refuting that it was just a gimmick.
    06-23-17 06:45 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1ffa688ff2.jpg
    Since BlackBerry collaborated with Samsung on KNOX, it's possible that this came from BlackBerry.
    06-23-17 02:10 PM
    Since BlackBerry collaborated with Samsung on KNOX, it's possible that this came from BlackBerry.
    Most of that collaboration came from integrating Knox with both BlackBerry UEM and SecureSmart. Knox certainly became better for it.
    Last edited by conite; 06-23-17 at 03:03 PM.
    06-23-17 02:27 PM
    I love Samsung Knox security!
    06-23-17 02:56 PM
    One plus is probably better for watching media and gaming.

Keyone is better at everything else.

It has a keyboard.

Pretty obvious.
    How important is media and gaming to you?
    06-23-17 02:59 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...1ffa688ff2.jpg
    Samsung partnered with BlackBerry re: knox
    06-23-17 03:02 PM
    The black one plus 5 sold out in half an hour!
    Donald Trump is president...
    06-23-17 03:02 PM
    My friend convinced me to get a oneplus 5 over Keyone because it's cheaper than Keyone and oneplus doesn't charge tax. 128gb and 8gb ram, snapdragon 835 seems to be pretty nice for $539 but not sure if it's any better than Keyone. I saw a CBK crash test and Keyone is built like tank! My friend told me oneplus 5 is just as secured as BlackBerry but oneplus doesn't have high end dtek security. Any thoughts? Anyone getting both?
    Those specs are pretty useless for your phone. My home PC has 8gb of RAM and I game on that thing... It's really only useful if you are in desperate need to have a self-esteem boost so you start comparing your specs with someone else... If I didn't care about the pkb I probably would have went with a Moto G5 Plus. Fast enough to do everything I need it to do, good battery life, and under $250...

But for me, how I interface with the phone is infinitely more important that how many gigaflops the flux capacitor has because at the end of the day, however many milliseconds you gained from your super computer cpu launching clash of clans faster, you lose by having to search for icons through endless pages of icons while on the KEYone all of my most used apps are just one keystroke away.

Not to mention how much time you lose looking for an outlet because your battery is about to die after powering autocorrect to max to fix all of the typos you made typing on that vkb...
    06-23-17 05:12 PM
    Oh no, now how will you compile your 3D renders on your phone??? Lol. Get the lower model for less money. You likely won't even notice a difference...
    06-23-17 05:15 PM
    From the reviews it's a great phone. great performance. battery is pretty decent.

1080p screen which is understandable. 2k screens are expensive. no micro-sd card support. for a 100 dollars cheaper than a HTC U11 it's pretty good. I was also looking into the HTC if that's something you'd like.

I'll probably stick with BlackBerry one last time and see how that goes for me.
    No micro-sd card slot? Add that phone to my list of phones to never buy even if they drop to some ridiculously low price...
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-23-17 05:17 PM
    Oh no, now how will you compile your 3D renders on your phone??? Lol. Get the lower model for less money. You likely won't even notice a difference...
    Maybe they wanted the extra storage space? After all...

No micro-sd card slot? Add that phone to my list of phones to never buy even if they drop to some ridiculously low price...
    howarmat likes this.
    06-23-17 05:19 PM
    Common old chap! Conite, I acknowledge your very helpful insights and overall advice on troubleshooting, but when it comes to certain things I must disagree.

Didn't you also explain and justify the price of the PRIV? BlackBerry admitted later on they overpriced it...

You've said this exact same thing for every android device they release loll
    Who are you calling common??
    06-23-17 05:20 PM
301 ... 678910 ...