I just picked up a Oneplus 3T a week ago and I am loving it. It's fast as Hell.
    I setup Nova launcher so I could swipe up the HUB and installed the Blackberry keyboard. Life is good!!!!!
    06-21-17 09:49 PM
    How am I trolling? I've been saying for ages that it's overpriced.

K1 owners just have to admit they were ripped off. Its ok, I've been ripped off too.

I've paid over $1000 Cad for the Priv. That was a lot of money. And while in restrospect it wasn't worth it, I didn't mind too much.

I understand the low production run = higher price per component cost.

But they're using cheap parts! They have zero quality control!

The K1 is a pile of trash. An overpriced pile of trash at that.

OnePlus just proved that the K1 could have been far more powerful.

TCL banked on the name, and on the BlackBerry faithful who can't accept any criticism.

Every brand has fanboys, but BlackBerry ones are by far the worst.

And here is the thing, I like BlackBerry devices, I've owned several. I want them to succeed.

So when they put our a subpar device, they should be called out to fix it.

Anyone can pair a big battery with a mid-tier processor. That's easy. It's not an achievement.

With Google doing the hard lifting on battery optimizations, they don't even have to try that hard.

Making a thin, attractive device, AND having great battery life, AND giving it an attractive price point is a challenge.

If the K1 was at least like 300-350 bucks, which is still more than the competition at that level of hardware, it would be acceptable, but it's not.

Now you may not care about specs, and you really really want the keyboard, and you're willing to overpay for the keyboard and the BlackBerry name. And don't give me anything about updates because the Priv and Dteks don't have nougat, clearly BlackBerry doesn't update their devices.

Then fine, buy it, be happy with it. But realize you overpaid. That's all.

And hopefully you can get your warranty replacement when it falls apart, when you throw it from being fed up with the lag that is going to happen.

Calling me a troll. Are you kidding me? You're delusional.
    I'm curious what other phone has a PKB with 56 shortcuts , fantastic battery, very good camera, BlackBerry software like the HUB, monthly updates, etc?

You are entitled to your opinion but for those that want these features they see the value.

In would be willing to bet 9 out of 10 people have no idea the specs in their phones. They are more concerned about taking good selfies to upload to social media.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 10:41 PM
    So you speak for very single KEYone owner now?

There are people out there who are happy to own both a PKB and non-PKB phone or move between the 2 to see what suits them.
    I'm going to go out on the limb but I doubt I'm far off. There are less people who move between two phones than those that want a PKB. PKB fans are less than 1% of the market probably closer to .5% of the cell phone market.

Stop talking nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 11:02 PM
    I'm curious what other phone has a PKB with 56 shortcuts , fantastic battery, very good camera, BlackBerry software like the HUB, monthly updates, etc?

You are entitled to your opinion but for those that want these features they see the value.

In would be willing to bet 9 out of 10 people have no idea the specs in their phones. They are more concerned about taking good selfies to upload to social media.

Posted via CB10
    Fantastic battery? Cheaper Huawei devices.

Very good camera? Almost every thing else has a better camera. The K1s camera is OK at best.

Blackberry software like the hub? Almost every android phone has access to that!

Monthly updates? Nexus lines, Pixels, Nokia, some Samsung models.

And at least they're rolling out Nougat which blackberry isn't even doing for their older devices.

Which leaves us at the pkb. Shortcuts? Only works on home screen, and not with a custom launcher, so basically might as well not exist.

But I'll tell you what. It is the BEST keyboard on a device right now. It's good that you think that's worth a $250 premium over similar devices.

Now you tell me which devices lack adhesive on the screen, have bad cell coverage, have microphones that don't worm, terrible lag, crappy build quality, and still manage to charge a premium price and have defenders like the KO?

You're looking for something as good as the KO. I'm trying to find something as bad, and having a really hard time.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-21-17 11:07 PM

Now you tell me which devices lack adhesive on the screen, have bad cell coverage, have microphones that don't worm, terrible lag, crappy build quality, and still manage to charge a premium price and have defenders like the KO?

You're looking for something as good as the KO. I'm trying to find something as bad, and having a really hard time.
    I've had none of those issues. None.

You'd change your tune if you used a KEYᵒⁿᵉ for a couple of days.

I see no logical reason for you to continue bashing the product without real first hand experience.
    06-21-17 11:13 PM
    I'm going to go out on the limb but I doubt I'm far off. There are less people who move between two phones than those that want a PKB. PKB fans are less than 1% of the market probably closer to .5% of the cell phone market.

Stop talking nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, all that baseless assumption and then you tell me to stop talking nonsense.

Hilarious
    06-21-17 11:51 PM
    I've had none of those issues. None.

You'd change your tune if you used a KEYᵒⁿᵉ for a couple of days.

I see no logical reason for you to continue bashing the product without real first hand experience.
    YOU haven't.

But you don't have to go much farther than these very forums to see multiple daily complaints of those issues.

And yes, just because you don't have them doesn't mean they don't exist.

And I have played with the key one. It was excessively big for a relatively small package.

It was a big pile of "meh" .

Which is the last thing you'd expect from BlackBerry.

Besides, I tend to not buy phones with falling screens. My passport was enough, thank you.
    06-22-17 01:49 AM
    What a crapshow. These are two different phones for two different people. People will buy what they want regardless.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    06-22-17 02:02 AM
    YOU haven't.

But you don't have to go much farther than these very forums to see multiple daily complaints of those issues.

And yes, just because you don't have them doesn't mean they don't exist.

And I have played with the key one. It was excessively big for a relatively small package.

It was a big pile of "meh" .

Which is the last thing you'd expect from BlackBerry.

Besides, I tend to not buy phones with falling screens. My passport was enough, thank you.
    Hey if you hate Keyone that much then stay away from keyone forums. I feel that your life is so miserable and your full of hatred. hahaha.. i have seen your few replies before on different thread and your sounding so negative. Dont make life so complicated if you hate keyone that much dont visit keyone forums/general discussion or open your own thread with the topic of your liking whether it is passport/classic/dteks/legacy devices and dont spread negative vibes on keyone thread.. if keyone is alive and can talk he will tell you that he doesnt like you either
    06-22-17 02:50 AM
    I bought the K1. I am one of the many unfortunate owners who received a problematic unit (SD unmounting unexpectedly issue). I have to agree with John. He made some very valid points. Oneplus, like Blackberry now, only has a negligible market share in smartphones. yet they can still pump out such amazing specs at same price as the k1, not to mention that this is not their launch device, so they did not do it for the fame. it's only fair to assume that TCL and Blackberry really banked on the brand name this time. But nevertheless, i understand at the end of the day k1 does have its usp in the keyboard, and I am willing to accept that as well. what I ultimately care the most is the build quality, which TCL failed to deliver. and for that I think Blackberry really tanked big time
    krazyatom and schumi_xtreme01 like this.
    06-22-17 02:55 AM
    I bought the K1. I am one of the many unfortunate owners who received a problematic unit (SD unmounting unexpectedly issue). I have to agree with John. He made some very valid points. Oneplus, like Blackberry now, only has a negligible market share in smartphones. yet they can still pump out such amazing specs at same price as the k1, not to mention that this is not their launch device, so they did not do it for the fame. it's only fair to assume that TCL and Blackberry really banked on the brand name this time. But nevertheless, i understand at the end of the day k1 does have its usp in the keyboard, and I am willing to accept that as well. what I ultimately care the most is the build quality, which TCL failed to deliver. and for that I think Blackberry really tanked big time
    while i agree with your opinion. Whining and complaining actually is normal even me i did during the keyone delays but when you do it regularly it is called trolling already..
    06-22-17 03:02 AM
    Flossy carter, the one reviewer everyone raves about..
    just called Keyone a laggberry and is moving to oneplus5

I mean, this is what I told earlier. Yes, I believe keyone is a bit overpriced (compared with moto Z play, oneplus5, even oneplus3) but I still want it just because of Keyboard.

for me it is the main and final differentiator. If there was no need _ i would be rocking my xiaomi devices on daily basis.
    06-22-17 03:50 AM
    It really doesn't matter if you want the PKB and the keyboard shortcut Android experience.

If not then just PAS (Pick a Slab)
    06-22-17 05:35 AM
    Fantastic battery? Cheaper Huawei devices.

Very good camera? Almost every thing else has a better camera. The K1s camera is OK at best.

Blackberry software like the hub? Almost every android phone has access to that!

Monthly updates? Nexus lines, Pixels, Nokia, some Samsung models.

And at least they're rolling out Nougat which blackberry isn't even doing for their older devices.

Which leaves us at the pkb. Shortcuts? Only works on home screen, and not with a custom launcher, so basically might as well not exist.

But I'll tell you what. It is the BEST keyboard on a device right now. It's good that you think that's worth a $250 premium over similar devices.

Small percentage of KEYONE's have had issues. Please tell me ONE OTHER phone that has all the features I mentioned out of the box? There is only one - KEYone.

I don't own a KEYone one nor do I know if I will buy a Keyone but your opinions are meaningless to me and for that matter any other phone purchaser. I haven't decided if I want a PKB for my next device let alone an android device for my next device. I'm leaning towards an IPhone 7 but not positive. I'm intrigued by the KEYone it has a lot of features I want but I'm still on the fence but again your clueless opinions are worthless to me and just about every one else.

You are entitled to your opinions on phones even if you are wrong. Your assumptions are meaningless. Why can't you understand that your opinions and outright bias doesn't matter to people that want a KEYone

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 06:39 AM
    Lol, all that baseless assumption and then you tell me to stop talking nonsense.

Hilarious
    Same with you on your baseless assumptions on the amount of people carrying two devices. Personally I don't know anyone that carries or uses two devices although I there are people that do it.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 06:42 AM
    What Brand Name? BlackBerry has had less than 1% market share for the last 3-5 years.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-17 06:46 AM
    to be fair, it was because BBRY had own operating system.

latest androids (priv, dteks, keyone) would be reported under android.
    06-22-17 07:16 AM
    On a side note, not arguing, I think that the bootloop issue that LG experienced is far, far worse than that of the screen issues with the KeyOne. That issue has impacted multiple models of their phones, all due to solder. The iPhone's bendgate impacted seemingly more phones than the KeyOne as well. DO to inferior use of metals inside the phone. Samsungs Note catching fire even worse. The fact is that many manufacturers have had issues. Yet, I get the impression that the focus is different on BlackBerry than all of those aforementioned with the exception of the Note.
    iphone mob could be very scary too. i would say equivalent to the few here (not sure they were imported from the same group... very much could be). Sammy user a bit tolerated, possibly due to low price and lower expectation.. Mi fragile device anger is like small bead hit to the lake (possibly not many used such in NA... for a good reason). Not like angry bird or tsunami wave all over the web for iphone or BB. People pay more, possibly got higher expectations of the brand... (or social media "personality" beating the name brand got more eye balls... like Jerry).
    06-22-17 07:22 AM
    I think everyone has the SD issue. That should be fixed with an update. If that the only issue, not bad.
    06-22-17 07:34 AM
    I think everyone has the SD issue. That should be fixed with an update. If that the only issue, not bad.
    Although, my 64GB U3 card has no issues.
    06-22-17 07:44 AM
    Except it's not. The 625 is not premium. The 3gb of ram is not premium. The plastic back is not premium. The falling screens are not premium. The lag isn't premium.

So what's premium about it? The way it feels in your hand? Great.

Dude, you're allowed to like it. I'm really happy you do. Because otherwise no one would.

I like a crappy phone. In fact I really love it. But I accept it's crappie, has shortfalls, and there are issues with it.

The KO has a lot of them too.
    (1) no body want to rip you off. you fork over 1000 for Priv, it was at your own wish - or BB marketing made you mentally weak to resistant your better judgement. Same apply to K1. hold tight of your money. Don't get rip off.
    (2) as for 625 vs 820 (821 would be better), performance/cost is best of the two. As an engineer, for the price of 549 USD mid range with KB (at least that will knock out 50.00 or more... so the phone is actually priced as 500ish), better selection consider the thermal budget and power utilization... I can understand why it is in K1 and very happy about the selection. https://technewswith.me/snapdragon-625-vs-820
    I guess the expert in the field appear to be agree with me on the performance with bench mark to prove it. If you believe their quantification. (of course, you can always select "Not" to believe them and find or generate your own data).
    (3) based on the item (2), I am happy with K1 (gave to my relative) and didn't felt ripped off. I think you need to find something, someone you can trust, to either quench the anger of K1 priced too high, out of your reach, or better buy something else... when you find out justification you are not RIPped off by "one plus" or others, with your willingness to pay (like you did for Priv), go to their fan site and voice your happiness - just like what I did now.
    06-22-17 07:45 AM
    I received many good feedback here FYI.
    So, if you don't mind me asking, what feedback have you had from their forum?
    06-22-17 07:49 AM
    Although, my 64GB U3 card has no issues.
    /blackberry-android-os-f456/how-do-i-fix-sd-card-unexpectedly-removed-error-1107971/
    06-22-17 07:49 AM
    Same with you on your baseless assumptions on the amount of people carrying two devices. Personally I don't know anyone that carries or uses two devices although I there are people that do it.

Posted via CB10
    I did not give an amount, the fact is there are people who carry 2 Devices, they are all over this forum dude
    I also personally know people who do it to.
    06-22-17 07:50 AM
    And everything else for that matter
    Including iPhone etc. Can't beat the exploitation of cheap Labour. Apple really know that... $$$$$$$$
    06-22-17 07:52 AM
301 ... 45678 ...