Me not wanting to be wrong. That's rich. It would seem that you and GendelPrime are those that fail to see things accurately. The sd820 is superior to the sd625 in every manner...that you consider worthy of comparing them to. However, there are numerous other attributes that can be used for comparison. As I stated previously, the 625 is better optimized for energy management. A critical attribute to the KeyOne is it's battery life. Part of it's battery life comes from the chipset used. Would the KeyOne last as long with a 820, no. Additionally, many phones powered by the 820 have shown to run hot. While I understand the reasoning behind why that is, is the 820 better for running so hot in comparison to the 625. Again the answer is no. One could even argue that prolonged exposure to heat is never good for electronics and could potentially decreased the life expectancy of the phones running the 820. GendelPrime stating that the 820 is quantifiably better than the 625 is a farce, it is only better based on the parameters that he, and apparently you, judge them by. What if we only chose the parameter of cost to the two chipsets? Then the 625, being the cheaper alternative, would win that comparison. So therefore it's quantifiably better right?
    If you don't want your 820 based device to heat up while doing heavy tasks, simply turn on Power Save, what that does is it cuts down the high power cores and you essentially have a 625 but with a Better GPU, better Modem and still more powerful. You will also get similar if not better battery life.

Easy solve.

Going by GSMArenas battery test, seems KEYOne battery life is not that different from other Androids either.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-21-17 03:00 PM
    If you don't want your 820 based device to heat up while doing heavy tasks, simply turn on Power Save, what that does is it cuts down the high power cores and you essentially have a 625 but with a Better GPU, better Modem and still more powerful. You will also get similar if not better battery life.

Easy solve.

Going by GSMArenas battery test, seems KEYOne battery life is not that different from other Androids either.
    While I understand what you are trying to say I believe that you are missing the point that I am trying to make to you. Stating that something is quantifiable and denouncing others thoughts an opinions on the matter is inherently wrong. I get it, you are a fan of OP. That's good for you. I have owned OPs and been happy with them. Perhaps you feel the virtues of OP exceed that of BlackBerry and thus make it a better purchase. Others feel otherwise. Doesn't make you right or me wrong, despite you alleging that I am.
    06-21-17 03:07 PM
    While I understand what you are trying to say I believe that you are missing the point that I am trying to make to you. Stating that something is quantifiable and denouncing others thoughts an opinions on the matter is inherently wrong. I get it, you are a fan of OP. That's good for you. I have owned OPs and been happy with them. Perhaps you feel the virtues of OP exceed that of BlackBerry and thus make it a better purchase. Others feel otherwise. Doesn't make you right or me wrong, despite you alleging that I am.
    I never stated that anything is quantifiable and I did not denounce others thoughts, I just put my thoughts out and told OP what I thought he should get.
    06-21-17 03:14 PM
    Stop it with with your facts, can't you see some just don't like to be told they are wrong!
    This is the post in which I am speaking about when you stated "I never stated that anything is quantifiable and I did not denounce others thoughts, I just put my thoughts out and told OP what I thought he should get".
    06-21-17 03:21 PM
    This is the post in which I am speaking about when you stated "I never stated that anything is quantifiable and I did not denounce others thoughts, I just put my thoughts out and told OP what I thought he should get".
    Because the LG V20 issue wasn't the same as G4 and V10.
    06-21-17 03:23 PM
    Actually we do know. Up until TCL released the statement regarding reported screen failures, they divulged that they only sold "thousands" worldwide. That's how many customers they have of the Keyone.
    Check the Chinese meaning of thousands. It was most likely lost in translation. Check my post last week.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 03:27 PM
    My point is that you are calling out OnePlus for being a Chinese made phone with bad support and or materials. Are you seriously going to say that with the mountain of problems that the KEYone has had since its launched? And is it also possible that BlackBerry is charging way more than what they should be for the KEYone and that OnePlus is able to do it because they don't just say that it costs more because of a keyboard and "security." Just saying, if you've used a OnePlus you'd know that its a fantastic device.
    Geez dude, stop being so dramatic and always trying to find the flaw in every discussion. I was not "calling out" or debating the merits of OnePlus vs Keyone, nor making a statement that the OP would be better off with the Keyone for quality. I was simply pointing out some personal observations about the OnePlus, but I never said it was a bad quality phone. In fact I have reviewed it, and I think for what you get for CAD $719 (for the 8GB/128) that it's an awesome deal. It's supposed to be on sale via their website on Jun 27, and I bet it will be on sale just like they said.

Yes, the KEYone launch, unavailability of the factory unlocked in Canada, and the sporadic screen issues are all pathetic and I agree.
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    06-21-17 03:30 PM
    06-21-17 03:31 PM
    Because the LG V20 issue wasn't the same as G4 and V10.
    On a side note, not arguing, I think that the bootloop issue that LG experienced is far, far worse than that of the screen issues with the KeyOne. That issue has impacted multiple models of their phones, all due to solder. The iPhone's bendgate impacted seemingly more phones than the KeyOne as well. DO to inferior use of metals inside the phone. Samsungs Note catching fire even worse. The fact is that many manufacturers have had issues. Yet, I get the impression that the focus is different on BlackBerry than all of those aforementioned with the exception of the Note.
    06-21-17 03:38 PM
    06-21-17 03:38 PM
    How am I trolling? I've been saying for ages that it's overpriced.

K1 owners just have to admit they were ripped off. Its ok, I've been ripped off too.

I've paid over $1000 Cad for the Priv. That was a lot of money. And while in restrospect it wasn't worth it, I didn't mind too much.

I understand the low production run = higher price per component cost.

But they're using cheap parts! They have zero quality control!

The K1 is a pile of trash. An overpriced pile of trash at that.

OnePlus just proved that the K1 could have been far more powerful.

TCL banked on the name, and on the BlackBerry faithful who can't accept any criticism.

Every brand has fanboys, but BlackBerry ones are by far the worst.

And here is the thing, I like BlackBerry devices, I've owned several. I want them to succeed.

So when they put our a subpar device, they should be called out to fix it.

Anyone can pair a big battery with a mid-tier processor. That's easy. It's not an achievement.

With Google doing the hard lifting on battery optimizations, they don't even have to try that hard.

Making a thin, attractive device, AND having great battery life, AND giving it an attractive price point is a challenge.

If the K1 was at least like 300-350 bucks, which is still more than the competition at that level of hardware, it would be acceptable, but it's not.

Now you may not care about specs, and you really really want the keyboard, and you're willing to overpay for the keyboard and the BlackBerry name. And don't give me anything about updates because the Priv and Dteks don't have nougat, clearly BlackBerry doesn't update their devices.

Then fine, buy it, be happy with it. But realize you overpaid. That's all.

And hopefully you can get your warranty replacement when it falls apart, when you throw it from being fed up with the lag that is going to happen.

Calling me a troll. Are you kidding me? You're delusional.
    MikeX74 and yessuz like this.
    06-21-17 03:40 PM
    Me not wanting to be wrong. That's rich. It would seem that you and GendelPrime are those that fail to see things accurately. The sd820 is superior to the sd625 in every manner...that you consider worthy of comparing them to. However, there are numerous other attributes that can be used for comparison. As I stated previously, the 625 is better optimized for energy management. A critical attribute to the KeyOne is it's battery life. Part of it's battery life comes from the chipset used. Would the KeyOne last as long with a 820, no. Additionally, many phones powered by the 820 have shown to run hot. While I understand the reasoning behind why that is, is the 820 better for running so hot in comparison to the 625. Again the answer is no. One could even argue that prolonged exposure to heat is never good for electronics and could potentially decreased the life expectancy of the phones running the 820. GendelPrime stating that the 820 is quantifiably better than the 625 is a farce, it is only better based on the parameters that he, and apparently you, judge them by. What if we only chose the parameter of cost to the two chipsets? Then the 625, being the cheaper alternative, would win that comparison. So therefore it's quantifiably better right?
    This one.

Specs don't matter to me for the things that I'm interested in (PKB, form-factor, battery life/efficiency). Plus the fact that it looks different and (to me) is a very saxy-looking device.
    06-21-17 03:42 PM
    On a side note, not arguing, I think that the bootloop issue that LG experienced is far, far worse than that of the screen issues with the KeyOne. That issue has impacted multiple models of their phones, all due to solder. The iPhone's bendgate impacted seemingly more phones than the KeyOne as well. DO to inferior use of metals inside the phone. Samsungs Note catching fire even worse. The fact is that many manufacturers have had issues. Yet, I get the impression that the focus is different on BlackBerry than all of those aforementioned with the exception of the Note.
    My focus on BlackBerry is much easier than on Note 7, and inwould argue the Media's take on Note 7 was much heavier than what BlackBerry is getting.

To put it into perspective the standard local news channels have not spoken a word of this BlackBerry K1 issue, but Note 7 was being banned on flights and was repeated daily, to this day if you speak about Samsung Note people remember Note 7.

This will blow over for BlackBerry much faster.

I personally waited for the Note 7, and they began blowing up literally a week before I could get mine, truly frustrating situation.
    06-21-17 03:43 PM
    How am I trolling? I've been saying for ages that it's overpriced.

K1 owners just have to admit they were ripped off. Its ok, I've been ripped off too.

I've paid over $1000 Cad for the Priv. That was a lot of money. And while in restrospect it wasn't worth it, I didn't mind too much.

I understand the low production run = higher price per component cost.

OnePlus just proved that the K1 could have been far more powerful.

TCL banked on the name, and on the BlackBerry faithful who can't accept any criticism.

Every brand has fanboys, but BlackBerry ones are by far the worst.

And here is the thing, I like BlackBerry devices, I've owned several. I want them to succeed.

So when they put our a subpar device, they should be called out to fix it.

Anyone can pair a big battery with a mid-tier processor. That's easy. It's not an achievement.

With Google doing the hard lifting on battery optimizations, they don't even have to try that hard.

Making a thin, attractive device, AND having great battery life, AND giving it an attractive price point is a challenge.

If the K1 was at least like 300-350 bucks, which is still more than the competition at that level of hardware, it would be acceptable, but it's not.

Now you may not care about specs, and you really really want the keyboard, and you're willing to overpay for the keyboard and the BlackBerry name. And don't give me anything about updates because the Priv and Dteks don't have nougat, clearly BlackBerry doesn't update their devices.

Then fine, buy it, be happy with it. But realize you overpaid. That's all.

And hopefully you can get your warranty replacement when it falls apart, when you throw it from being fed up with the lag that is going to happen.

Calling me a troll. Are you kidding me? You're delusional.
    I would respond but where to start. Your rant was far too much for me to do so.
    stlabrat and rx8er like this.
    06-21-17 03:48 PM
    My focus on BlackBerry is much easier than on Note 7, and inwould argue the Media's take on Note 7 was much heavier than what BlackBerry is getting.

To put it into perspective the standard local news channels have not spoken a word of this BlackBerry K1 issue, but Note 7 was being banned on flights and was repeated daily, to this day if you speak about Samsung Note people remember Note 7.

This will blow over for BlackBerry much faster.

I personally waited for the Note 7, and they began blowing up literally a week before I could get mine, truly frustrating situation.
    I agree, that is why I said that BlackBerry gets it worse than all of those with the exception of the Note. The Note caused physical harm to people. There were substantiated cases of peoples homes being burnt to the ground due to the phone. That is dramatically more impactful than a small handful of peoples screens falling off.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-21-17 03:52 PM
    Geez dude, stop being so dramatic and always trying to find the flaw in every discussion. I was not "calling out" or debating the merits of OnePlus vs Keyone, nor making a statement that the OP would be better off with the Keyone for quality. I was simply pointing out some personal observations about the OnePlus, but I never said it was a bad quality phone. In fact I have reviewed it, and I think for what you get for CAD $719 (for the 8GB/128) that it's an awesome deal. It's supposed to be on sale via their website on Jun 27, and I bet it will be on sale just like they said.

Yes, the KEYone launch, unavailability of the factory unlocked in Canada, and the sporadic screen issues are all pathetic and I agree.
    Not sure I was being dramatic, but ok. You asked me what I meant by my statement "Who do you think made the KEYone," so I explained it.
    06-21-17 04:24 PM

It is a very premium, tough, device. I'm holding mine right now. I can assure you there is nothing cheap about it.
    krazyatom, stlabrat and rx8er like this.
    06-21-17 04:36 PM
    It is a very premium, tough, device. I'm holding mine right now. I can assure you there is nothing cheap about it.
    Except it's not. The 625 is not premium. The 3gb of ram is not premium. The plastic back is not premium. The falling screens are not premium. The lag isn't premium.

So what's premium about it? The way it feels in your hand? Great.

Dude, you're allowed to like it. I'm really happy you do. Because otherwise no one would.

I like a crappy phone. In fact I really love it. But I accept it's crappie, has shortfalls, and there are issues with it.

The KO has a lot of them too.
    06-21-17 07:35 PM

So what's premium about it?
    High quality build, solid construction, resilient to drops (did you see the Crackberry video?), bumps, and scratches.

Sharp screen (similar to Passport), fantastic camera, awesome
    keyboard (one of the best ever), unbeatable battery life.

You want to throw it in the garbage because of a missing 1GB and an almost negligible real world bump in SoC - fine, your loss.
    06-21-17 07:44 PM
    To be fair, there are some others.

Large Battery
    Touch sensitive keyboard
    BB security and software suite (yea yea I know, but still a very nice touch for sure)
    Monthly software updates
    FM radio

The RAM and CPU specs may not be the best, but they certainly aren't on the skimpy side.

Aside from the screen lift issues which will eventually be remedied, its an awesome looking device and built with fairly solid materials.
    06-21-17 08:16 PM
    High quality build, solid construction, resilient to drops (did you see the Crackberry video?), bumps, and scratches.

You want to throw it in the garbage because of a missing 1GB and an almost negligible real world bump in SoC - fine, your loss.
    High quality build? Screens are falling off these things by just taking them out of its case.
    06-21-17 08:20 PM

Keyone is ultra premium. It has premium LCD screen, premium slow read/write SSD, google pixel camera sensor that doesn't perform as good as pixel, premium rubber back, premium blackberry android dtek security, premium custom bb suites, premium, premium glass keyboard, premium 625 socket cpu, premium adhessive on lcd screen.

Also, keyone warranty replacement also covers screen lift that no other manufacturer does! Premium warranty and premium crackberry forum support!
    06-21-17 08:25 PM
    Except it's not. The 625 is not premium. The 3gb of ram is not premium. The plastic back is not premium. The falling screens are not premium. The lag isn't premium.

Dude, you're allowed to like it. I'm really happy you do. Because otherwise no one would.

I like a crappy phone. In fact I really love it. But I accept it's crappie, has shortfalls, and there are issues with it.

The KO has a lot of them too.

How much do you earn for trolling threads here at keyone forum? what a lame argument using 625.. another specs hog individual who only looks at specs when buying product ahaha.. if im going to follow your logic our local phones here in the philippines are the best. specs sheets like flagship atleast 200-300 dollars ahahaha...
    06-21-17 08:25 PM
    High quality build? Screens are falling off these things by just taking them out of its case.
    Some. Others will only break when thrown against a brick wall.
    06-21-17 08:31 PM
    My friend convinced me to get a oneplus 5 over Keyone because it's cheaper than Keyone and oneplus doesn't charge tax. 128gb and 8gb ram, snapdragon 835 seems to be pretty nice for $539 but not sure if it's any better than Keyone. I saw a CBK crash test and Keyone is built like tank! My friend told me oneplus 5 is just as secured as BlackBerry but oneplus doesn't have high end dtek security. Any thoughts? Anyone getting both?
    To OP:

I got the KEYone. Now I don't know what to do with it because it has a really annoying bug. Also the performance is way behind my S7 Edge. Not to mention that some people have their K1 screen lifted....This thing is NOT built like a tank. It is an early batch and has loads of problems. Do NOT buy the K1 , at least not now. You will definitely regret it.
    06-21-17 08:37 PM
301 ... 34567 ...