If you're looking for best bang for the bucks, Keyone is probably not for you. Almost identical Keyone spec phone can be purchase for around $200 without PKB.
    Yep, it's like a Surface Pro or pickup truck.

They aren't going to go as fast as your dollar can go, but that's not the point of them!
    Last edited by xandros9; 06-21-17 at 11:26 PM.
    06-21-17 11:34 AM
    ONE plus is just another "slab" design device in the sea of current all same devices. Even worse as it tries to copy directly an IPhone 7! So there is no comparison to KEYone which is totally unique, different and it just lasts ,lasts and lasts!
    Finally something different which stands out. Clear choice #KEYone .

Posted via CB10
    The KEYOne lasts for as long as the screen stays attached.

It is indeed very unique feature BlackBerry put in it.
    06-21-17 11:35 AM

So because some devices had incidents now it's a feature? LOL!

So Last year the burning phone with the note 7, and before the bendable phone with Iphone 6...

If you don't like it you can always get something else. Device was not meant for all. Freedom of choice no doubt.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rico4you; 06-21-17 at 11:59 AM.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-21-17 11:44 AM
    One plus and LG have a PKB? Big difference for those that want a PKB. Folks looking at a KEYone aren't interested in an LG or One plus otherwise they would already have it. Your opinion doesn't mean anything to those want a PKB / KEYone. Give it a rest already.

Posted via CB10
    So you speak for very single KEYone owner now?

There are people out there who are happy to own both a PKB and non-PKB phone or move between the 2 to see what suits them.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-21-17 11:45 AM
    The sd820 is better it's not subjective it's quantifiable. Comparing a sd650 to a sd820 is like comparing a Honda fit to a McLaren. The G5 doesn't have a issue with boot loops it's the previous generation lg 's have bad logic boards. I am a regular on the LG boards the V20, G5, and G6 don't have the same issue.
    Stop it with with your facts, can't you see some just don't like to be told they are wrong!
    06-21-17 11:46 AM
    My friend convinced me to get a oneplus 5 over Keyone because it's cheaper than Keyone and oneplus doesn't charge tax. 128gb and 8gb ram, snapdragon 835 seems to be pretty nice for $539 but not sure if it's any better than Keyone. I saw a CBK crash test and Keyone is built like tank! My friend told me oneplus 5 is just as secured as BlackBerry but oneplus doesn't have high end dtek security. Any thoughts? Anyone getting both?
    Ive always loved the one plus handsets and company rather. They manufacture quality products at a fair price. For my throw around iem's I use the One plus bullets! They are similar design and quality to beats urbeats. Designed with a flat cable, three button Mic, and awesome sound profile for under 30$. Fantastic call clarity and music sounds amazing for such a little package! lastly, the call and music control is 100% android compatible. Alot of three button Mic iem's are made for ios!!!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JaRQKcBu
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 06-21-17 at 12:53 PM.
    krazyatom and stlabrat like this.
    06-21-17 11:50 AM
    Yeah but i'm not from the states, i live in germany
    Great come back. You do realise that no where else exists outside of North America, if you are an American of course and have never traveled outside the USA ...... Or that's what the rest of the planet think :-)
    06-21-17 11:59 AM
    If you're looking for best bang for the bucks, Keyone is probably not for you. Almost identical Keyone spec phone can be purchase for around $200 without PKB.
    K1 is marginally perfect for me (already got one for my niece)... except droid. I have zero experience of droid and never side loaded something... K1 priced not bad from what I can see. If priced higher, you lost user, the die hard CBs, if priced lower, TCL can not meet the demand. I am not a spec reader = never will pay for the spec... i will pay for the performance, the good design, the utilization of resources. So far, One plus has not shown its superiority to convince me (besides the droid - if it is the same as K1, K1 got dtek, it might be inferior for bang for the buck)... I am waiting for the video.. I might get a K1 in Dec. when canadian carrier not charge un-locking fee... so far, no big rush, z30 serve me right. no tweet, no face, no snap, no linkedin, no whatsapp (by the way, new BBM you can set up privacy chat, that deleted the message after you complete - hang up, the chat... not a snap, but more sensible... not leave anything you don't want HR to snoop), no ads. great to use z30.
    06-21-17 12:06 PM

How the hell can they make something this cheap and not make any compromises on the manufacturing process? There's usually a good reason why the product is so inexpensive compared to competitors.
    They do direct sales, so they cut out all the middle-men. They also have better access to cheaper made-in-China components, usually of lower quality but not always is the case. They've also done a good job with convincing consumers that specs matter and that 6 gigs of RAM is better than 4 gigs in and of itself regardless of quality or possible (lack of) software tweaks.
    06-21-17 12:12 PM
    Stop it with with your facts, can't you see some just don't like to be told they are wrong!
    That's an ironic reply. Given that you originally stated that the Keyone screen issue is a unique feature that Blackberry put in it. By your sarcastic, 'have a go at Keyone' attitude, I'd gamble that you don't own or intend to own a Keyone. Oh, your reply is ironic because it would seem that you too don't like to be wrong. You are wrong because not every Keyone has a screen issue, mine being one of those. I've owned mine since the end of April and not had one single problem so far. So please don't just jump on the band wagon of p*ss takers that are simply Keyone haters. My previous Sony Xperia Z3 was a dog and I don't go around slagging off all Z3's! Enjoy.
    06-21-17 12:14 PM
    Ive always loved the one plus handsets and company rather. They manufacture quality products at a fair price. For my throw around iem's I use the One plus bullets! They are similar design and quality to beats urbeats. Designed with a flat cable, three button Mic, and awesome sound profile for under 30$. Fantastic call clarity and music sounds amazing for such a little package!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=XsgSVin0
    Thanks for the tip. I will try it!
    anon(870071) likes this.
    06-21-17 12:18 PM
    well at $549 usd i suppose it is fair.

But for $729 cad then yes its overpriced for what you're getting imo.
    $549 usd ~= $729 cad
    06-21-17 12:34 PM
    So because some devices had incidents now it's a feature? LOL!

So Last year the burning phone with the note 7, and before the bendable phone with Iphone 6...

If you don't like it you can always get something else. Device was not meant for all. Freedom of choice no doubt.

Posted via CB10
    Note was quickly resolved. 6s was released with higher strenth steel to combat bends.

TCLs response will pretty much determine views of users who returned to BB for the k1 excitement.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-21-17 01:05 PM
    $549 usd ~= $729 cad
    749 few days back plus 13% tax?
    06-21-17 01:06 PM
    $549 usd ~= $729 cad
    It's all relative.

I've already stated many times over the phone is overpriced in countries whose currencies are weaker than the usd.

I realize it isn't TCL that's overpriced it but the economy of said countries.

But no one buys things in their home counties and say "gee, well is us dollars it's be a lot cheaper so I'm getting a deal"

It's still overpriced in Canada imo

But to my defence, I think most devices are overpriced at their msrp.

The Samsung phones are definitely way overpriced.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 01:24 PM
    Note was quickly resolved. 6s was released with higher strenth steel to combat bends.

TCLs response will pretty much determine views of users who returned to BB for the k1 excitement.
    Samsung denied publicly at first any issues, then did a recall under pressure issued again saying all ok and then was forced to recall permanently under govt safety order..a total marketing / publicity mess. Apple denied over and over and it had any issues.

TLC on the second or third day issued a statement admitting issues and solution.

Posted via CB10
    rx8er likes this.
    06-21-17 01:31 PM
    Almost identical based on what? SoC? I don't know of any sd625 with the same camera sensor as the KeyOne or its security hardening.
    06-21-17 02:11 PM

Since you continually seem to downplay the virtues of the KeyOne, and now comment on some screen debacle, show me something quantifiable in regards to the screen falling out. What percent of all KeyOnes have had this screen failure? You don't know. In fact, how many Keyones have been sold, again you don't know. Everyone that jumps on the screen falling out bandwagon crack me up. If 1,000,000 were sold and we have 20-30 independent cases of screens falling off here in the forums, is that acceptable? I would think so. The truth is though that none of us here, I wouldn't even think CBK has this information, knows how many total phones were sold, their fail rate, or there subsequent return rate. Yet so many want to jump on the KeyOne screen bandwagon. It is just today's digital age lynch mob.
    rx8er and Livermore like this.
    06-21-17 02:17 PM
    My friend convinced me to get a oneplus 5 over Keyone because it's cheaper than Keyone and oneplus doesn't charge tax. 128gb and 8gb ram, snapdragon 835 seems to be pretty nice for $539 but not sure if it's any better than Keyone. I saw a CBK crash test and Keyone is built like tank! My friend told me oneplus 5 is just as secured as BlackBerry but oneplus doesn't have high end dtek security. Any thoughts? Anyone getting both?
    First thought: You're asking the question in a wrong forum.
    krazyatom and rx8er like this.
    06-21-17 02:21 PM
    First thought: You're asking the question in a wrong forum.
    I received many good feedback here FYI.
    06-21-17 02:22 PM
    ...In fact, how many Keyones have been sold, again you don't know. Everyone that jumps on the screen falling out bandwagon crack me up. If 1,000,000 were sold ...
    Actually we do know. Up until TCL released the statement regarding reported screen failures, they divulged that they only sold "thousands" worldwide. That's how many customers they have of the Keyone.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-21-17 02:24 PM
    Me not wanting to be wrong. That's rich. It would seem that you and GendelPrime are those that fail to see things accurately. The sd820 is superior to the sd625 in every manner...that you consider worthy of comparing them to. However, there are numerous other attributes that can be used for comparison. As I stated previously, the 625 is better optimized for energy management. A critical attribute to the KeyOne is it's battery life. Part of it's battery life comes from the chipset used. Would the KeyOne last as long with a 820, no. Additionally, many phones powered by the 820 have shown to run hot. While I understand the reasoning behind why that is, is the 820 better for running so hot in comparison to the 625. Again the answer is no. One could even argue that prolonged exposure to heat is never good for electronics and could potentially decreased the life expectancy of the phones running the 820. GendelPrime stating that the 820 is quantifiably better than the 625 is a farce, it is only better based on the parameters that he, and apparently you, judge them by. What if we only chose the parameter of cost to the two chipsets? Then the 625, being the cheaper alternative, would win that comparison. So therefore it's quantifiably better right?
    ajwan likes this.
    06-21-17 02:34 PM
    Actually we do know. Up until TCL released the statement regarding reported screen failures, they divulged that they only sold "thousands" worldwide. That's how many customers they have of the Keyone.
    I respectfully disagree with you. "Thousands" can cover quite a wide range. Plus, it is only half of the equation. How many phones have failed in relation to those produced. No one, that I know of, has those numbers yet.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-21-17 02:37 PM
    I think that was US market alone so there be like 20,000 sold world wide if I can guess. That's not bad for niche phone.
    06-21-17 02:46 PM
    Who do you think made the KEYone?
    And everything else for that matter
    06-21-17 02:54 PM
301 ... 23456 ...