Nowhere near a niche device like the KeyOne. The KeyOne is the only recently released Android phone with a physical keyboard. That makes it a niche device. What qualifies the OnePlus 5 a niche/specialty device? It is a fairly typical Android slab. Similar specs as numerous other high end Android devices. Its differentiator is it's price. That doesn't make it a niche device though. It makes it competitive economically.
    Well written and obvious to most. I can't grasp the lack of Business 101 common sense a few on this board have with their posts.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 06:58 AM
    How people don't understand these concepts is baffling to me. Any time you buy in bulk you get a better price. That is the whole reason why stores such as Sam's and Costco exist . You buy in bulk the prices get far more competitive. Then factor in the fact that there are pieces specific to the KeyOne, and only the KeyOne. All of these drive the cost. Truthfully, I have no issue with the price. I consider that the engineering and costs of the keyboard probably affect the overall cost of the phone by $100. Take that out of the overall cost and it is right in line with other phones with a 625 SoC.
    Stop with with the common sense Business lesson. There are a few who will never understand it.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 07:01 AM
    ONE plus is just another "slab" design device in the sea of current all same devices. Even worse as it tries to copy directly an IPhone 7! So there is no comparison to KEYone which is totally unique, different and it just lasts ,lasts and lasts!
    Finally something different which stands out. Clear choice #KEYone .

Posted via CB10
    Looks like a direct copy, shameless haha. Although if you like apple design with android this is a good pick up.
    06-21-17 07:12 AM
    Yeah but i'm not from the states, i live in germany
    state = gov. lost in translation ...
    Made in China 2025: A New Era for Chinese Manufacturing
    06-21-17 07:12 AM
    one plus 5 is a much better phone it isn't close. The only advantage I would give the key one is battery life. Op5 has more ram , a much better cpu/gpu, more internal storage, and is easy to rom so you never have to worry about your phone getting updated. Buy the one plus 5 and install blackberry services and you have the best of both worlds.

I don't understand the draw to keep purchasing unsupported and overpriced BlackBerry hardware. I have a LG g5 with BlackBerry services. It is the best BlackBerry I ever owned. Sd 820, 4gb ram, removable battery, Rgb notification led. I have BlackBerry keyboard, Hub, calendar, everything I want. I moved on from BlackBerry launcher it is a little too buggy for me but all of my BlackBerry apps still work with arrow launcher
    06-21-17 07:53 AM
    Can you post side by side video of the two for comparison? Like the other shown for s7 vs. K1? Thx. Really want to see the difference under same OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-17 08:18 AM
    I love my BlackBerry KeyONE! With that being said, I'd also like to get the new One Plus as a secondary all touch device. I don't think one is definitively better than another, just different.
    terminatorx likes this.
    06-21-17 08:20 AM
    Stop with with the common sense Business lesson. There are a few who will never understand it.

Posted via CB10
    I really enjoy coming to these forums and reading/ contributing. However, I am increasingly amazed by peoples lack of business acumen and common sense. I find it frustrating.
    06-21-17 08:32 AM

I don't understand the draw to keep purchasing unsupported and overpriced BlackBerry hardware
    What if your two highest priorities on a mobile device are a physical keyboard and battery life?
    NightFire likes this.
    06-21-17 08:35 AM
    What if your two highest priorities on a mobile device are a physical keyboard and battery life?
    Then the keyone is the perfect phone for you, but I don't know how many of those customers actually exist.
    mister2d and giantrobo like this.
    06-21-17 08:38 AM
    Then the keyone is the perfect phone for you, but I don't know how many of those customers actually exist.
    Well that's really a separate issue. I guess TCL will find out.
    Gajja likes this.
    06-21-17 08:43 AM
    one plus 5 is a much better phone it isn't close. The only advantage I would give the key one is battery life. Op5 has more ram , a much better cpu/gpu, more internal storage, and is easy to rom so you never have to worry about your phone getting updated. Buy the one plus 5 and install blackberry services and you have the best of both worlds.

I don't understand the draw to keep purchasing unsupported and overpriced BlackBerry hardware. I have a LG g5 with BlackBerry services. It is the best BlackBerry I ever owned. Sd 820, 4gb ram, removable battery, Rgb notification led. I have BlackBerry keyboard, Hub, calendar, everything I want. I moved on from BlackBerry launcher it is a little too buggy for me but all of my BlackBerry apps still work with arrow launcher
    I would agree with you if you were simply chasing specs. That being said, I do not have the need for my phone to do the things that the G5 is capable of. Also, one could argue the virtues of whether the SoC is better than that found on the KeyOne. Stating its better is subjective. To me, power management and not over heating is important. Couple that with the video comps that we have seen here in the forums pairing the KeyOne against the S8 and the differences are negligible. I don't believe that the gains in speed are worth the compromise. I wanted a phone that I didn't have to plug in multiple times throughout the day. One that I can communicate with at the forefront. II send a lot of texts and emails throughout my day. I have long preferred a PKB. I wanted something that felt well constructed and premium. I don't play game or consume media like some. Therefore, for me the KeyOne check all my boxes. On a side note, I have always been wary of LG phones since they have exhibited bootloop issues which brick the phones. The G4, G5, V10, V20 etc have all been plagued to some extent.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...us-5x-devices/

I would take a slower SoC phone that can run for 2-3 years than one that runs all out and bricks.
    etphonehome2 likes this.
    06-21-17 08:47 AM
    I've owned the OP1, 2, 3 and 3T and waiting on my 5 to arrive hopefully Friday. I also own the Keyone.

They are different phones. As others have said if you need the PKB then the Keyone is your choice end of the story. However, if performance is your thing you have to go OP.

OP has come a long way since the OPO, many of their lessons learned the hard way. I have interacted with their customer service twice, once for warranty service and once for a cracked screen (our fault). Both times problems were solved the way you would expect them to be.

OP has had their troubles with updates but they are on track now to solve that problem as well. OP3 and OP3T are both on May security update and if you move to the open beta, you'll be pretty close to the more recent updates. The OP community is not unlike the BlackBerry community, very vocal and very opinionated. It's not hard to find quotes on both sides of the aisle if you want to.

I find the Keyone to be a BlackBerry phone through and through. Very happy with it, and thats from someone who had nothing but bad experiences with the Priv. My Keyone seems well built. Works as expected.

OP3T much better performing phone. Keyone has a very good PKB. I find batteries on both phones get me through most of the day, I have not had the 2 day life on my K1 some people have, but that's ok both go on a charger at night, most nights.

To sum up if you want a typical BlackBerry with all that entails you want the Keyone you'll be very happy with it IMHO. If you need a phone that's all about performance get the OP5.
    06-21-17 08:53 AM

One plus and LG have a PKB? Big difference for those that want a PKB. Folks looking at a KEYone aren't interested in an LG or One plus otherwise they would already have it. Your opinion doesn't mean anything to those want a PKB / KEYone. Give it a rest already.

Posted via CB10
    etphonehome2 likes this.
    06-21-17 08:57 AM
    I would agree with you if you were simply chasing specs. That being said, I do not have the need for my phone to do the things that the G5 is capable of. Also, one could argue the virtues of whether the SoC is better than that found on the KeyOne. Stating its better is subjective. To me, power management and not over heating is important. Couple that with the video comps that we have seen here in the forums pairing the KeyOne against the S8 and the differences are negligible. I don't believe that the gains in speed are worth the compromise. I wanted a phone that I didn't have to plug in multiple times throughout the day. One that I can communicate with at the forefront. II send a lot of texts and emails throughout my day. I have long preferred a PKB. I wanted something that felt well constructed and premium. I don't play game or consume media like some. Therefore, for me the KeyOne check all my boxes. On a side note, I have always been wary of LG phones since they have exhibited bootloop issues which brick the phones. The G4, G5, V10, V20 etc have all been plagued to some extent.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...us-5x-devices/

I would take a slower SoC phone that can run for 2-3 years than one that runs all out and bricks.
    The sd820 is better it's not subjective it's quantifiable. Comparing a sd650 to a sd820 is like comparing a Honda fit to a McLaren. The G5 doesn't have a issue with boot loops it's the previous generation lg 's have bad logic boards. I am a regular on the LG boards the V20, G5, and G6 don't have the same issue.
    mister2d likes this.
    06-21-17 08:58 AM
    Who do you think made the KEYone?
    Indeed the same people who make everything from A to Z (Apple to ZTE) in the world these days ;-)
    06-21-17 09:03 AM
    The sd820 is better it's not subjective it's quantifiable. Comparing a sd650 to a sd820 is like comparing a Honda fit to a McLaren. The G5 doesn't have a issue with boot loops it's the previous generation lg 's have bad logic boards. I am a regular on the LG boards the V20, G5, and G6 don't have the same issue.
    What is your rationale for buying a vehicle is the fuel efficiency or it's cost to ensure? Then the Honda is the better choice. The same holds true for the SoC. It is strictly dependent on what you are looking for. Subjective, not quantifiable. Unless you are solely looking at certain aspects. Also, lawsuits filed against LG for V20 and G5 failures state that the problem persists.
    06-21-17 09:52 AM
    Wow didn't expect so many people to post here. It seems like many crackberrians are interested!
    mister2d likes this.
    06-21-17 09:55 AM
    Yes, very much interested if you can post the YouTube doing side by side comparison.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom and kbz1960 like this.
    06-21-17 09:56 AM
    Yes, very much interested if you can post the YouTube doing side by side comparison.

Posted via CB10
    It will be hard time find someone who would compare Op5 vs keyone, but you can try to look for other snapdragon 835 phone vs snapdragon 625.
    06-21-17 10:03 AM
    No. I am interested how it perform, not spec, not other design, just the cost per function in a user hands, based on the same set of apps.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-21-17 10:06 AM
    No. I am interested how it perform, not spec, not other design, just the cost per function in a user hands, based on the same set of apps.
    That's very subjective. Some may be fine with $99 smartphone.
    06-21-17 10:16 AM
    Dtek isn't what makes a BlackBerry more secure than every other Android phone. I'd say it's their hardware-based secure boot, fast monthly security patches, and their non-public security enhancements to Linux that Android runs on top of. But you'll just have to trust them on that last part. How valuable and important is all of that to you? Is it more valuable than a top of the line processor and more RAM than you know what to do with?
    06-21-17 10:37 AM
    That's very subjective. Some may be fine with $99 smartphone.
    Not really, cost per function is one of bench mark. Function per weight is another. The user want to know how much he paid to get same access to the function = app, or others, camera, etc. If you said it is better, how much speed I would trade of for 200 dollar cheap. It I can not get into app, like what'sapp, but the other unit can, to someone like me, no big deal, to the others 200 is necessary, that is why side by side video is very interesting to me.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-21-17 10:42 AM
    Not really, cost per function is one of bench mark. Function per weight is another. The user want to know how much he paid to get same access to the function = app, or others, camera, etc. If you said it is better, how much speed I would trade of for 200 dollar cheap. It I can not get into app, like what'sapp, but the other unit can, to someone like me, no big deal, to the others 200 is necessary, that is why side by side video is very interesting to me.
    If you're looking for best bang for the bucks, Keyone is probably not for you. Almost identical Keyone spec phone can be purchase for around $200 without PKB.
    06-21-17 11:09 AM
301 12345 ...