10-22-17 04:15 PM
36 12
tools
    Emails, working with text, different types of docs, scan, calls, social networks, sms, mms, bank apps. So, what can You suggest for me?
    Many thanks!
    I'd say the KeyOne, unless heavy Instagram is involved. IPhone crushes the KeyOne in camera and photo/video editing. I think the HUB and KeyOne's superiority in text editing would push it over the top.
    10-18-17 12:14 PM
    I'd say the KeyOne, unless heavy Instagram is involved. IPhone crushes the KeyOne in camera and photo/video editing. I think the HUB and KeyOne's superiority in text editing would push it over the top.
    I see, thanks!
    I love the iPhone, because of the autocorrect and fast menu and searching between apps. Same on K1?
    10-18-17 01:52 PM
    I wonder whether my working life can be more productive with the K1 keyboard and hub.
    I would say yes for the keyboard shortcuts. Short press a letter or long press a letter for speedialing, texting, emailing, opening an app, creating a calendar even... fifty-two shortcuts in all! Plus the Convenience Key. It's been great.
    10-18-17 03:28 PM
    Well, iPhones are a non-starter with me due to no headphone jack, no SD card support, and I refuse to download or use iTunes (it has destroyed many albums in my collection). But for you? KeyOne still.

As far as app switching, KeyOne blows everything that isn't a BlackBerry out of the water. With a KeyOne, you have 53 programmable shortcuts (short and long-press for each alphabet letter, plus convenience key) from Home screen... PLUS whatever else you can wrangle from the Buttons Remapper app. No need to flip through some lame rolodex of screens or swipe, tap, swipe, tap around looking to re-open an app. Double-tapping the Recent Apps button switches to the last open app. You can just hit the Home button then a shortcut key for anything else. One-handed and not even looking, if you'd like. That's BlackBerry efficiency. Other ways of doing things get tedious after you are used to the BlackBerry way.

A big consideration is battery life, especially for a work phone. You won't find many other phones with better battery life than the KeyOne, and especially not from Apple. Also, when you have money and important things riding on the message you are typing, a physical keyboard will treat you well. Auto-correct is garbage and will make you look like a fool eventually. You won't even need auto-correct once you get accustomed to a physical keyboard. Garbled, unintelligible text is fine between buddies but it looks REALLY unprofessional, and worst-case scenario can cost you money. Plus, text editing will be way easier with a KeyOne.

So, KeyOne. It'll take some app purchases and time and tinkering to set up properly, but worth it IMO
    10-18-17 10:41 PM
    Expandable storage is not a small detail. For this reason, I've closed myself off to Apple. I don't see any reason to not give people that option (other than a money grab to get people to purchase the more expensive model).

If my phone is going to wind up full because I choose to keep my data on it rather than in the cloud or constantly transferring it to my computer, that's quite a nuisance that I don't want to ever have to worry about.
    10-18-17 11:28 PM
    I would get either an iPhone 7 or an Oneplus 5 (if Android is your thing). The K1 just isn't very good....
    10-18-17 11:41 PM
    I use K1 for work and it's much smoother. When I had to send my original back due to the screen issue (since fixed) I used an old iPhone and it just wasn't the same. I write a lot of emails and notes so the keyboard was good, and the battery life means I don't have to keep it charged. Call quality is pretty good, although the iPhone has a much better external speaker.

The hub is great, having all messages in one place and the productivity tab works well.

But as others have said, if you like a keyboard, get the K1, that's its USP and main reason for me and I've been very pleasantly surprised by how good it's been overall.
    10-19-17 05:42 AM
    I use K1 for work and it's much smoother. When I had to send my original back due to the screen issue (since fixed) I used an old iPhone and it just wasn't the same. I write a lot of emails and notes so the keyboard was good, and the battery life means I don't have to keep it charged. Call quality is pretty good, although the iPhone has a much better external speaker.

The hub is great, having all messages in one place and the productivity tab works well.

But as others have said, if you like a keyboard, get the K1, that's its USP and main reason for me and I've been very pleasantly surprised by how good it's been overall.
    10-19-17 05:42 AM
    A lot depends if you like a hard KB or virtual? I got used to my BlackBerry Z10 with virtual KB. It took a few days to get back to KEYone's hard KB. When I tried my daughter's iPhone 7 I could hardly type correctly with it. I suggest you try both in a store.
    10-21-17 09:49 PM
    Dear colleagues!
    For business - mail, calls, docs, files, sms, messengers, social networks, bank apps, music - which device will You choose? Why?
    Oh snap! Not this guy again.
    10-22-17 02:24 AM
    Wrong phone comparison. Different market
    10-22-17 04:15 PM
36 12