Is the quality of topics on this sub-forum likely to increase when the device is released? Sure hope so.

KEYone ordered, never even entertained the idea of having anything to do with the other two.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 01:15 AM
    Is the quality of topics on this sub-forum likely to increase when the device is released? Sure hope so.

KEYone ordered, never even entertained the idea of having anything to do with the other two.

Posted via CB10
    I think all topics will come back again, just without speculation this time around because we'll have the devices then! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted via CB10
    03-08-17 04:42 AM
    03-08-17 04:45 AM
    The difference being that Google and Samsung have not licensed a manufacturer to design, manufacture, distribute, and sell phones with their brand.
    Google only designs there devices they dont manufacture or distribute they have companies do that for them.
    03-08-17 05:59 AM
    I thought Samsung makes everything in house. Google pixel was manufactured by HTC though.
    You're right samsung does about 80-90% of everything in house.
    03-08-17 06:00 AM
    Kind of a loaded question if you ask me. Its like comparing my truck to a Porsche. The Porsche will be the more premium, fast, and expensive phone. My truck though fits my needs and enables me to get my work completed. And for the price that they cost me, the truck is a better buy.
    03-08-17 08:52 AM
    Would never consider Today any other Android that's not powered by BlackBerry Android.

Posted via CB10
    Critical Observer likes this.
    03-08-17 10:40 AM
    I went into Fido today to take a look at the Google Pixel XL. I wanted to try a demo and take some pictures to see if I fell in love with it. They didn't have a demo in their store, but the clerk said that the Google rep was in the other day and the phone is not selling well due to high price. He said if I was truly interested I should wait until the end of March as there would be $300 worth of reductions happening on it. So pricing is everything. The Google Pixel XL is $1050 Canadian at Fido. I will go to a big mall and test one tomorrow. Maybe I am destined to get the KEYone.
    Gelzz likes this.
    03-16-17 05:44 PM
    If you don't want a pkb, and aren't interested in the DTEK60 (which you should be), then Pixel XL - no question. Stay away from Touchwiz as if your life depended on it.
    TouchWiz is where speed and fluidity go to die.
    03-16-17 05:54 PM
    TouchWiz is where speed and fluidity go to die.
    Nah, I use a SGS7 and this thing is smooth.
    03-16-17 06:33 PM
    Nah, I use a SGS7 and this thing is smooth.
    I had an S7 edge. My experience was to the contrary
    03-18-17 02:57 PM
    KEYone. Keyboard. Period. ^^
    03-18-17 03:05 PM
    Google Pixel devices are made by HTC and designed by HTC , it only use the brand Google and Samsung build there own bloatware devices. But be honest money wise I choose the KEYone but understand people choose are more expensive device to use social media ,browsing
    03-18-17 03:17 PM
    I went into Fido today to take a look at the Google Pixel XL. I wanted to try a demo and take some pictures to see if I fell in love with it. They didn't have a demo in their store, but the clerk said that the Google rep was in the other day and the phone is not selling well due to high price. He said if I was truly interested I should wait until the end of March as there would be $300 worth of reductions happening on it. So pricing is everything. The Google Pixel XL is $1050 Canadian at Fido. I will go to a big mall and test one tomorrow. Maybe I am destined to get the KEYone.
    $1000?? I cannot understand how one can justify that price for what is a very boring device with high end specs.
    What makes it worth double the price of a DTEK60? At least Samsung constantly brings innovation to their devices...
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    03-18-17 04:28 PM
    I find the DTEK50 and 60 very boring devices without any real features that would keep me interested for the long term, and I want an excellent camera--not just an okay one. I know some people really like the DTEK60, but for me it is boring. I do like Samsung phones--so I will look at new one coming out. I love the Google Pixel camera, but I would not jump on the phone it at its current price. I will wait for the reviewers comments on the KEYone's camera before I change phones. I have already given my DTEK 50 to a friend on the day I get my new phone. But I will hold onto to my Classic forever.
    03-18-17 06:42 PM
    Jus a thought for those who would want to compare when upgrading.
    I'm down for the KEYone but if for some reason something keeps me from getting the KEYone. Which would you have to choose ?
    Common CB peeps let's hear the breakdown
    I am currently using a Google pixel XL 128gb to tie me over till the k1 is out. After about a years use of the Priv, my charger port started to malfunction.
    03-19-17 12:06 AM
    Keyone for me , Samsung and pixel are a waste .
    03-19-17 03:39 AM
    Google Pixel devices are made by HTC and designed by HTC , it only use the brand Google and Samsung build there own bloatware devices. But be honest money wise I choose the KEYone but understand people choose are more expensive device to use social media ,browsing
    KEYone will be as good as the others for social media's and better for browsing thanks to its 3/2 screen ratio.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 05:49 AM
    For sure NOT the Pixel! Overpriced for real, full of bugs and glitches and doesn't offer a lot for the money.
    03-19-17 08:41 AM
    I am using s7 edge, and more than happy.... to start up blackberry key one may be is good but not for me...

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 09:33 AM
    For sure NOT the Pixel! Overpriced for real, full of bugs and glitches and doesn't offer a lot for the money.
    I have been seeing lots of user comments on the Pixel saying the same as you. I have talked to three reps now and all have been "cool" about the Pixel as a phone and no one has encouraged buying it. Most of these have been real phone geek young people. The most positive comments are on the camera and they go quiet about the phone itself.
    03-19-17 11:02 AM
    I have been seeing lots of user comments on the Pixel saying the same as you. I have talked to three reps now and all have been "cool" about the Pixel as a phone and no one has encouraged buying it. Most of these have been real phone geek young people. The most positive comments are on the camera and they go quiet about the phone itself.
    And the camera is made by Sony and it is the same mounted on the Kone... Yes, Google took care of the camera sw, but as a programmer-believe me-if the hw is there sooner or later you'll get decent to great results from everything
    kitmo likes this.
    03-19-17 11:10 AM
    As a BlackBerry fan the keyone is my pick as long as it performs to today's standards. Android plus PBK is a great combination in my opinion Google and BlackBerry make a great device.
    Gelzz likes this.
    03-19-17 11:50 AM
    I wouldn't rely on commissioned sales reps for buying advice.
    03-19-17 02:52 PM
    The only differentiating factor among the Droids is the KeyOne. No other Company can boast to have a PKB. The rest are just glass slabs which includes the the iStone

Posted via OG BlackBerry Passport Black Edition
    03-19-17 03:26 PM
81 1234