Just because tcl in manufacturing the devices doesn't mean there not a BlackBerry anymore. Google and samsung devices are also manufactured by different companies this is a common practice. Tcl will start designing the next gen phones, but BlackBerry will still handle the software.
    But if it's not bb10 , it cannot be blackberry !!!!!! Omgggg say it ain't so
    /s
    03-07-17 03:59 AM
    If for free, then Pixel obviously.
    If I have a $1000 budget to buy a phone, then KEYone.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 04:15 AM
    Strange comparison thread.. The KEYone is a 180 from the Pixel and / or S8..
    delanyinspiron6400 likes this.
    03-07-17 05:11 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Last I checked only one was top flight with PKB....

Posted via CB10
    Gelzz and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-07-17 05:37 AM
    Comparing apples to oranges

Pkb to pkb and pixel to s8 would be a good comparison.
    I get it but when it comes to someone else who would like to choose to an upgrade and doesn't really know much on specks then it would be a hard decision on that person.
    For me it would be the KEYone hands down, always been a Blackberry holder.
    I also do like the Good Pixel XL for the specks and the media for it, Loving the Camera quality.
    Not big on Samsung atm. And I know there's reps already trying to sell me the S8 or give me the pros over Blackberry aka to them the Dead Company.
    To me, I like to see what peoples thoughts are on those devices.
    03-07-17 07:19 AM
    KEYone for PKB, security, and productivity (maybe also camera)
    Pixel for stock Android, updates, camera
    S8 for looks, new gimmicks and SD card
    Agree with you on that one.
    03-07-17 07:21 AM
    I'd have to go for the KEYone but again you're asking me as a BlackBerry nut. I'm a fan of the BlackBerry software and additional security features. The rest of the package is good enough and hopefully has stellar battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Gelzz likes this.
    03-07-17 07:52 AM
    I'd have to go for the KEYone but again you're asking me as a BlackBerry nut. I'm a fan of the BlackBerry software and additional security features. The rest of the package is good enough and hopefully has stellar battery life.

Posted via CB10
    Agree, same, Blackberry Fan. I hope it doesn't over heat like my PRIV did, that would be disappointing. Missing the KB right now, even though I have it on the PRIV it wasn't the same as my Passport
    03-07-17 07:55 AM
    Me I'd go with the Google Pixel XL... it has the screen size that I want and a much better chance of seeing updates for years to come.

For those wanting a PKB, the KEYone is going to be the clear winner.....

General "market" in the USA.... it would be the S8, as that Brand just sell better....
    Gelzz likes this.
    03-07-17 09:12 AM
    Just because tcl in manufacturing the devices doesn't mean there not a BlackBerry anymore. Google and samsung devices are also manufactured by different companies this is a common practice. Tcl will start designing the next gen phones, but BlackBerry will still handle the software.
    The difference being that Google and Samsung have not licensed a manufacturer to design, manufacture, distribute, and sell phones with their brand.
    03-07-17 09:42 AM
    I thought Samsung makes everything in house. Google pixel was manufactured by HTC though.
    03-07-17 11:14 AM
    I really think it comes down to the pkb, IF you want the physical keyboard then really there is no choice, you get the KEYone! With that choice you also get superb battery life a smooth functioning UI, a near stock OS with REALLY cool enhancements (swipe gestures and shortcuts for example), GREAT access to updates, as already proven with the Priv (as BB pretty much kept to their monthly schedule), AND THE best security/privacy in the business. NOW on the other hand if you are in the specs game and if you want a great VR experience, then you want either the Pixel XL or the Samsung S8. I would opt for the Pixel XL in this case, BUT over all I would go KEYone! And I am! (full disclosure I already own a Pixel )
    03-07-17 11:19 AM
    Jus a thought for those who would want to compare when upgrading.
    I'm down for the KEYone but if for some reason something keeps me from getting the KEYone. Which would you have to choose ?
    Common CB peeps let's hear the breakdown
    KEYboard all the way. Only choice: K1.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 11:21 AM
    I dislike touchscreen, so my choice is keyone or another phone with physical keyboard.
    03-07-17 12:22 PM
    KEYone, because KEYBOARD
    03-07-17 12:25 PM
    KEYone

Battery life is most important for me. Most of the apps I use are probably pretty light weight (no gaming or intense graphics).
    03-07-17 12:42 PM
    Since i don't need a PKB and a Touchscreen for writing is good enough for me .... Pixel XL with Hub+ and BlackBerry virtual Keyboard.
    03-07-17 12:50 PM
    Pixel XL.
    03-07-17 02:31 PM
    Of those three. KeyOne first. Pixel 2nd, S8 third.

KeyOne for form factor PKB, convenience key, and swipe up targets. Quickly switching apps is a priority for me and that differentiates the phones. Yes, every press or swipe counts.

But if I didn't want a PKB, then I'd go for a DTEK60 for same reasons listed above.
    03-07-17 03:12 PM
  20. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I really think it comes down to the pkb, IF you want the physical keyboard then really there is no choice, you get the KEYone! With that choice you also get superb battery life a smooth functioning UI, a near stock OS with REALLY cool enhancements (swipe gestures and shortcuts for example), GREAT access to updates, as already proven with the Priv (as BB pretty much kept to their monthly schedule), AND THE best security/privacy in the business. NOW on the other hand if you are in the specs game and if you want a great VR experience, then you want either the Pixel XL or the Samsung S8. I would opt for the Pixel XL in this case, BUT over all I would go KEYone! And I am! (full disclosure I already own a Pixel )
    +1

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    03-07-17 03:20 PM
    Of those three. KeyOne first. Pixel 2nd, S8 third.

KeyOne for form factor PKB, convenience key, and swipe up targets. Quickly switching apps is a priority for me and that differentiates the phones. Yes, every press or swipe counts.

But if I didn't want a PKB, then I'd go for a DTEK60 for same reasons listed above.
    now your thinking like me lol, nah i didn't like the DTEK releases. I'm missing the PKB ALOT.
    It literally comes down to, if my provider will carry, Best Buy Mobile really.
    KEYone for sure, been dying to upgrade my PRIV. I really really hope it doesn't heat up like my PRIV did.
    03-07-17 03:23 PM
    S8 will be like $1000 phone so you can buy like two keyone! One for emulator gaming that'll replace my Nintendo switch!
    03-07-17 04:23 PM
    "BlackBerry KEYone vs Google Pixel XL vs Samsung S8 what would choose and why?"

Well, the KEYone is automatically disqualified for me since I don't buy Android-powered BlackBerries. Therefore my choice would be the Samsung Galaxy S8+ if I had to choose between these three.
    03-07-17 06:30 PM
    03-07-17 07:59 PM
    This question should be posted at Android Central.
    03-08-17 01:05 AM
81 1234