Jus a thought for those who would want to compare when upgrading.
    I'm down for the KEYone but if for some reason something keeps me from getting the KEYone. Which would you have to choose ?
    Common CB peeps let's hear the breakdown
    03-06-17 04:03 PM
    I'd go Samsung galaxy S8.

Yes, is has the best features both normal and edge model. Great quality and size, Also you can use to watch VR videos, which keyone not.
    Last edited by crahewett; 03-06-17 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Add more info
    03-06-17 04:04 PM
    Common CB peeps let's hear the breakdown
    Inevitable outcome is inevitable. You're asking CB folks on a BB forum lol.
    john_v, iUser and anon(9803818) like this.
    03-06-17 04:04 PM
    If money isn't a factor then the S8 is the definite choice.
    03-06-17 04:05 PM
    I was trying to be somewhat funny and witty lol long day from work lol
    03-06-17 04:06 PM
    Of those three, Pixel XL. It's stock Android with full touch.
    menshawy likes this.
    03-06-17 04:07 PM
    the only reason to get the KEYone is for the KEYboard! So you should be comparing other keyboard phones... If I wanted a slab, I would get a slab. and between Google and Samsung, DEFINITELY Google because of updates and no bloatware. Samsung takes about a year to do software updates and adds WAYYY too much bloat.
    raqball likes this.
    03-06-17 04:09 PM
    If you don't want a pkb, and aren't interested in the DTEK60 (which you should be), then Pixel XL - no question. Stay away from Touchwiz as if your life depended on it.
    03-06-17 04:10 PM
    I'll probably buy both keyone and S8 but if I have to choose one, it would be tough decision.
    03-06-17 04:15 PM
    No no don't get me wrong, i want the BlackBerry KEYone, if i were to or may have to choose if some reason i couldn't upgrade to the KEYone.
    03-06-17 04:16 PM
    the only reason to get the KEYone is for the KEYboard! So you should be comparing other keyboard phones... If I wanted a slab, I would get a slab. and between Google and Samsung, DEFINITELY Google because of updates and no bloatware. Samsung takes about a year to do software updates and adds WAYYY too much bloat.
    Yeah it would have to come down to , for me, would be the KEYone or the Pixel XL.
    Still gonna fight the KEYone to be in my hands
    03-06-17 04:17 PM
    Jerry Hildenbrand, on Android Central, indicated that he felt the best Security on Android devices, were google and BlackBerry, so if not a KEYone, then the Google XL.... I agree that the Samsung devices take a long time for upgrades. IF EVER
    03-06-17 04:18 PM
    Erm...

I think it all depends on what you want in a phone. I personally want the KEYone. It screams out like the BB's of old, plus comes with the modern app support via Android. I really can't wait to get it...

Will the KEYone match the other handsets you talk about in raw processing power and media clout? No. No it won't.

Is that a limitation for the device? NOT AT ALL! As BB / TCL and many others have said, it was NOT what the KEYone was designed for.

What do I like about the S8 ? Pixel XL? Well they're going to be powerful, have all the latest tech, quality screen and multimedia performance. The screens will undoubtedly be amazing and the build quality top notch too. The software will be quick and well optimised for the devices. Are they good phones? Yes they are!!

However, will I enjoy typing on them or having them manage all of my e-mail, social media and messaging accounts as much as a KEYone? Nope. Will they last as long as the KEYone, probably not. Your phone isn't any good if it's batteries dead! I can't be one of those people who carries round a mobile batter pack with me all day. Just can't bring myself to do it!!

All of that said, will I enjoy gaming or watching a movie on a KEYone as much as an S8 / Pixel XL? Probably not, no! Is that a sacrifice I am willing to make? Yes! I much prefer my phone to be a capable communicator, with easy management and secure access to my various accounts. That's what I look for in a phone and that is why I am choosing the KEYone.

Price... Well that's how much a KEYone will cost me. It is what it is. Will I pay it? Of course I will. The KEYone has the same appeal to me as a 256GB iPhone 7 does to people who choose to buy that. That's how much they are; that's how much I'll pay. Fact of life whether I like / agree with it or not. I see the price I have paid for the KEYone as one that has bought me a solidly built BB, a solid PKB, a long lasting phone, a good camera, good software security, the HUB, a dedication to ensuring the security is rock solid, a commitment to build quality and the fact that it's a BlackBerry. To me that's worth it.

Ultimately all our views are subjective and based on our own needs and interpretations of devices' capabilities. I am sure there are plenty of people who will passionately disagree with what I think about the KEYone, S8 and Pixel XL. Just as sure as I will disagree with some of their thoughts and interpretations of these handsets.

Have a think about what you actually use you phone for. If you are going to hammer it with video and multimedia content or high end gaming, then don't get the KEYone. That would be a waste of your money. If are not going to be doing that, then consider it. It really should be your choice and it's one I believe only you can make.
    Gelzz, j21jam6 and Jrox74 like this.
    03-06-17 04:21 PM
    Forget about pixel. It really depends on your luck, brought one for my wife; tons of issues, microphone, bluetooth, wifi. Replaced with another one same hardware issue. Totally unacceptable they sell it with such high price. Got her an iphone, no more headache.

Posted via CB10
    Gelzz, Bbnivende and iUser like this.
    03-06-17 05:14 PM
    Comparing apples to oranges

Pkb to pkb and pixel to s8 would be a good comparison.
    03-06-17 05:16 PM
    If I got an all touch, I would go with the non-XL Pixel. But I don't want one, so KEYone it would be.
    03-06-17 05:19 PM
    KEYone for me.. I'm excited to experience a 4 row PKB again.

Posted via CB10
    Bure03 likes this.
    03-06-17 05:26 PM
    Pixel has an edge for software updates... S8 usually has an edge in specs, hardware quality and feature sets

Keyone for the security, keyboard and just being different
    03-06-17 07:39 PM
    Pixel has an edge for software updates... S8 usually has an edge in specs, hardware quality and feature sets

Keyone for the security, keyboard and just being different
    Yes combined all those and we have perfect smartphone!
    03-06-17 07:43 PM
    KEYone or the pixel (largest storage version) - prefer that version over the XL. I don't like the UI. I'd rather get the LG G6

Reason for those are due to the camera options provided and the better UI implementation.

I know they can be customised but strictly speaking of the device straight out the box.

Posted via CB10
    Gelzz likes this.
    03-06-17 07:47 PM
    KEYone for PKB, security, and productivity (maybe also camera)
    Pixel for stock Android, updates, camera
    S8 for looks, new gimmicks and SD card
    Gelzz likes this.
    03-06-17 08:39 PM
    Forget about pixel. It really depends on your luck, brought one for my wife; tons of issues, microphone, bluetooth, wifi. Replaced with another one same hardware issue. Totally unacceptable they sell it with such high price. Got her an iphone, no more headache.

Posted via CB10
    Mine has been absolutely perfect...no issues whatsoever...so far. That said, I'm going to get a KEYone as soon as it is available too.
    03-07-17 12:41 AM
    Seems to me like a weird comparison, since the KEYone has next to nothing in common with those devices! If you care about a PKB, then the KEYone is the right choice for you, if not, either get one of those or a DTEK if you still want a BlackBerry.
    Also, both other devices are considerably more expensive and have 'better' specs, but most likely worse battery life!

So if this is your choice, it is quite easy!
    PKB important -> get the KEYOne
    PKB not important -> get something else

I for one still love PKB and value the benefit, also like the look of the KEYOne and that it does not look like every other glass slab, hence I'll get the KEYOne, but if I didn't care about the PKB, I would look elsewhere
    03-07-17 02:06 AM
    Samsung, without a shadow of doubt
    Pixel will be the second choice

BlackBerry they aren't in game anymore, they quit hardware business it's TCL not BlackBerry so I prefer Samsung and pixel over TCL

Posted via CB10
    03-07-17 02:08 AM
    Samsung, without a shadow of doubt
    Pixel will be the second choice

BlackBerry they aren't in game anymore, they quit hardware business it's TCL not BlackBerry so I prefer Samsung and pixel over TCL

Posted via CB10
    Just because tcl in manufacturing the devices doesn't mean there not a BlackBerry anymore. Google and samsung devices are also manufactured by different companies this is a common practice. Tcl will start designing the next gen phones, but BlackBerry will still handle the software.
    03-07-17 02:27 AM
81 123 ...