It seems the glue for the screen and the battery were switched. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    09-04-17 03:43 PM
    Wow that is very easy to replace the screen.....
    09-04-17 04:01 PM
    How much does a replacement screen cost?

And how much does a battery cost?
    09-04-17 04:46 PM
    Wow! Now I know what to do when my screen starts to pop off. I'll just do a self repair instead of getting a refurb replacement.
    09-04-17 05:02 PM
    That guy is awesome, great videos and great voice-overs! Just weird how there is so much adhesive for the damn battery, doesn't make any sense to me (admittedly a layman)... it seems rather easy to do.. Definitely going to keep this in mind, especially since l now have a random scratch on my screen... Hmm
    09-04-17 05:11 PM
    he gave us the recipe, but I also see a business opportunity for him... how many of these could he fix in a week for a low price?..
    09-04-17 05:53 PM
    His link to etrade says $125 US. now when my phone takes a tumble I can exhale a bit easier. just knowing replacement available and reasonable.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-04-17 06:09 PM
    His link to etrade says $125 US. now when my phone takes a tumble I can exhale a bit easier. just knowing replacement available and reasonable.
    And very to DIY!
    09-04-17 06:33 PM
    That guy is awesome, great videos and great voice-overs! Just weird how there is so much adhesive for the damn battery, doesn't make any sense to me (admittedly a layman)... it seems rather easy to do.. Definitely going to keep this in mind, especially since l now have a random scratch on my screen... Hmm
    I guess it could be because the only thing holding the battery in besides the glue is the (comparatively loosely attached) back cover? I mean, with other phones the back is tightly sealed on, so internal components don't need as much reinforcement.

Or they mixed up the battery and the screen.
    FF22 and brian4591 like this.
    09-04-17 06:45 PM
    I guess it could be because the only thing holding the battery in besides the glue is the (comparatively loosely attached) back cover? I mean, with other phones the back is tightly sealed on, so internal components don't need as much reinforcement.

Hmm okay, didn't realise the back cover isn't that tight. Bit annoying though, replacing the battery doesn't seem to be a valid option for prolonging the use of the KEYone... that will definitely require some force.
    09-05-17 01:26 AM
    Someone should ask him via Twitter or Youtube to check the production date of both phones (or at least the better glued version) by running the test (before giving the latter one away).

1 - Dial *#2886#
    2 - Hit "MANU"
    3 - Then "Traceability" on top
    4 - Hit "Pass"
    5 - On the bottom should be your build date
    6 - Hit "Pass" again
    7 - Scroll to bottom and hit "exit"

Or did he already do it and mentioned the results somewhere?
    09-05-17 09:18 AM

I guess I still remember the days when a dropped phone would pop off the back and the battery would skitter across the floor. Not sure how much support is not enough or too much.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    09-05-17 09:27 AM
    How much does a replacement screen cost?

And how much does a battery cost?
    Great question.

With regards to Screen Replacements, you can pick one up from THIS website. I personally havent used it but if its good enough for Jerry, its good enough for me It's around $120 for a new screen + shipping. However, they do give you a discount to around $112 for each screen if you order 50 or more. LOL

With regards to battery replacements, i haven't seen any websites selling them. To be honest, its so difficult to take out the phone that i presume Blackberry isn't providing any replacements.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-17 11:24 AM
    I guess I still remember the days when a dropped phone would pop off the back and the battery would skitter across the floor. Not sure how much support is not enough or too much.
    I guess these days those batteries can be "explosive"

Good way to win a slightly used KEYone.
    09-05-17 11:26 AM