As a reader of the BlackBerry KEYone forum, I've recently noticed a number of owners expressing their dissatisfaction on the performance of the device: some of them complain about the keyboard being unresponsive; others complain about the battery overheating when charging; still others complain about the Hub not showing up text msg, and email exchange problem. That said, as one still aspiring to own the Keyone, I'd like to know if there are some owners who are completely happy with the device.

I'm particularly drawn to Blackberry Keyone due to its keyboard, great battery life, the Hub and being an android device ( I love the many apps available here).

Please help!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-17 04:40 AM
    Actually I am quite happy with the KeyOne. I am really excited to have it and I don't experience any overheating or reception issues. I was only part-time user of Q10, just for fun. All my daily drivers were Android phones. So KeyOne has earned it's place being my main phone now and I don't have any intentions to swap it for something else for the rest of the year. We will see.

Yes, it has it's downs, but every single phone I've ever had had some. There was maybe only Android phone that lasted in my hands longer than others and that was the OnePlus One. My usual phone cycle is 6-10months.

Hub is not the same like on BB10, but many people will find out, using it without Hub could be more productive too. I basically use it only as email client. Android notifications in status bar are better for me anyway.

So don't worry too much, if money are not bothering you, go for it and give it a try.
    06-05-17 05:03 AM
    I have owned all BB10 devices and all BB android including Keyone. Also, i use iPhone and some latest android devices. Am I impressed by Keyone ? Not really. Is it upgrade over Priv? Yes, but not really much. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Pro:
    Battery life is great. It's comparable to my moto z play. Great design and form factor. Nice texture on the back. USB C cable fast charging.

Cons:
    For me, keyboard is worst than Priv and I am not even fan of Priv keyboard. Glass keyboard feel slippery. Camera is not even close to Google pixel even though they have same sensor. Screen quality is average at best. Weak speaker compared to priv. Signal is nothing spectacular. No swipe up and no symbol swipe up option.
    06-05-17 05:20 AM
    I've had the phone for 5 days now and used it heavily over the time I've had it for work emails, texting, video viewing, music, etc., and the phone is honestly a beast. It's fast, responsive, the keyboard is fantastic, and just like every phone, there are some personal downsides I'm not a fan of - but overall, it's worth it.

I did notice the battery get a little warm with the boost charging at times, but nothing really to worry about. As far as the Hub and messaging, the way I have it setup, it works perfectly fine. I'm receiving all of my notifications, and not getting duplicate notifications.

Overall, the phone is worth the price in my opinion.
    xsmogx and mbirth like this.
    06-05-17 05:21 AM
    Keyone is the best phone ive ever had.

All ive ever really wanted.

Sure theres still room for some improvements, more shortcuts and it doesn't have the flow of bb10. But it's fast, robust, has great battery life, a good camera and all the apps.

I'd be happy to stick with this form factor for the next 5-10 years at least.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    06-05-17 06:32 AM