So has anyone gone with the KEYone from Sprint and then tried to unlock the device and use it on at&t or T-mobile's networks?
    08-08-17 04:11 PM
    So has anyone gone with the KEYone from Sprint and then tried to unlock the device and use it on at&t or T-mobile's networks?
    I don't believe the bands overlap well and GSM/LTE vs CDMA/LTE with both AT&T/T-Mobile vs Sprint. I wouldn't recommend.
    08-08-17 04:32 PM
    Well, I guess the other question I would have is what is the specific version of the device that is being provided from Sprint? From research I've personally done there seems to be 2 different versions that were released. Each of course providing their own set of network bands they are capable of running on. I will provide a list of the available bands below.

Network bands
    Canada, LATAM, APAC, US V1:
    LTE1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 28, 29, 30
    TDD LTE: 38, 39, 40, 41

EMEA
    LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20, 28
    TDD LTE: 38, 40

US V2
    LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30
    TDD LTE: 41
    CDMA BC 0,1,10

What I can tell is if sprint is providing the US V2 then that would probably be the best chance at the device working with other networks, however, if they are providing the EMEA version then it most definitely wouldn't be worth a try. So with this knowledge, would it still not be recommended or would it at least be worth giving a shot for science purposes?
    08-08-17 05:20 PM
    Historically, Sprint phones have poor compatibility with all other three carriers. I wouldn't gamble money especially on carrier locked/ unlocked device when one could purchase factory unlocked
    08-08-17 05:31 PM
    That's a fair decision. I was inquiring dimply because I wasn't sure as to if the idea could be implemented or not. Thank you for the advice!
    08-08-17 05:40 PM
    What I can tell is if sprint is providing the US V2 then that would probably be the best chance at the device working with other networks, however, if they are providing the EMEA version then it most definitely wouldn't be worth a try. So with this knowledge, would it still not be recommended or would it at least be worth giving a shot for science purposes?
    BBB100-1: Canada/LATAM/APAC/US V1
    BBB100-2: EMEA
    BBB100-3: US V2

They're selling the BBB100-3, since it's the only one with their LTE bands and CDMA 0/1/10. I believe most if not all of the AT&T/T-Mobile bands are represented, at least the basic ones.
    08-08-17 05:41 PM
    There is only one CDMA model, the "US V2" BBB100-3 version. The other two are GSM only.

You need to look at the specific bands you want to use. Depending on how extensive the LTE coverage is, you may also need certain GSM frequencies, some of which I believe are supported on the CDMA version.
    08-08-17 05:41 PM
    Sprint does not unlock their devices that easily
    08-09-17 09:54 AM
    BBB100-1: Canada/LATAM/APAC/US V1
    BBB100-2: EMEA
    BBB100-3: US V2

They're selling the BBB100-3, since it's the only one with their LTE bands and CDMA 0/1/10. I believe most if not all of the AT&T/T-Mobile bands are represented, at least the basic ones.
    Thank you! So theoretically it should work without hiccups it may have a few LTE issues but as far as basic services it should potentially work fine. With this being the case I am willing to give it a test. Besides, if it doesn't work out to be the best, Sprint service in my area seems to be fairly decent.
    08-10-17 12:49 PM
    so.. are you saying the 100-3 WILL work with Att?
    08-10-17 01:43 PM
    That is the presumed theory yes. Granted, not fully. There may be some communications issues. Possibly no/low signal issues in certain areas where otherwise normally would have high signal with an at&t provided device. I have enough evidence shown above to go through with getting the device from Sprint and testing with an at&t sim after unlock. If provided a T-mobile sim I could test that as well. I'm willing to video document the whole test in one single clip and provide an update once everything is said and done as well as my feedback. Overall testing may take a few weeks for completion but I intend to do periodic updates as well.
    08-10-17 02:25 PM
    SHOULD work. AT&T has Band 17, but that's a subset of 12, and 12 is on there, so it should function fully.

SHOULD, however, is not "Will". There are reports that the -3 version works fine with T-Mobile including WiFi calling and Band 12/VoLTE.

Don't expect either on AT&T since it's not one of "their" branded devices.

This assumes you can unlock it.
    08-10-17 05:54 PM
    Sprint requires the device to be active on their network for 50 days and for your account to be in good standing before they will dsim unlock a phone. Its not the easiest thing to get them to do. The sprint keyone also has TONS of bloatware that cannot be uninstalled or even disabled as they have an app that monitors for the apps and if it sees them uninstalled, it reinstalls or reenables them automatically. Its kinda lame.
    08-10-17 06:47 PM
    That is the presumed theory yes. Granted, not fully. There may be some communications issues. Possibly no/low signal issues in certain areas where otherwise normally would have high signal with an at&t provided device. I have enough evidence shown above to go through with getting the device from Sprint and testing with an at&t sim after unlock. If provided a T-mobile sim I could test that as well. I'm willing to video document the whole test in one single clip and provide an update once everything is said and done as well as my feedback. Overall testing may take a few weeks for completion but I intend to do periodic updates as well.
    Ok, it's been several weeks now. What were your test results?
    10-12-17 07:39 PM
    10-12-17 07:39 PM
    The results have turned up negative. It's not so simple to get passed sprint not allowing the phone to be given up easily. I do not recommend this route as now at&t has their own version of the phone. Which I will be getting and canceling the new service with sprint soon anyway you so a little money lost and not worth the effort.
    10-12-17 08:23 PM
    The results have turned up negative. It's not so simple to get passed sprint not allowing the phone to be given up easily. I do not recommend this route as now at&t has their own version of the phone. Which I will be getting and canceling the new service with sprint soon anyway you so a little money lost and not worth the effort.
    I was really looking forward to getting a Sprint K1 SIM unlocked for use on T-Mobile (it has all the needed bands). Am I understanding you correctly - Sprint won't unlock the K1?
    10-13-17 01:33 PM
    FWIW, at least I was able to pry my MSL from them. My device is fully paid for and my unlock request required a "Click-It-Ticket." We'll see how that goes. Sprint is notoriously for making the unlock process unnecessarily difficult, but you have to be persistent. I'll bug the heck out of them until they do the right thing.
    10-13-17 09:41 PM
    UPDATE: At some point over the weekend, Sprint fulfilled my K1 SIM unlock request. On a whim, I popped in a T-Mobile SIM and eureka, it's fully functional. Everything works. So, for anyone wondering if the Sprint branded K1 will work on T-Mobile - there's your answer.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-16-17 04:56 AM
    I'm a bit confused. So an unlocked Sprint Keyone works on T-Mobile and T-Mobile's network is GSM but would the reverse work? Would an unlocked AT&T Space Black Keyone work on Sprint's network? In other words, is the space black BBB100-3? Is it fair to say that the black edition (4gb, 1 sim) is BBB100-1 and not compatible with Sprint's or Verizon's networks?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by boxer13; 10-16-17 at 06:22 AM.
    10-16-17 05:45 AM
    Sprint's and Verizon's version of the KEYone will NOT WORK for the att and t-mobile.

sprint/verizon = CDMA

att/tmobile = GSM

They might have few same bands but service will never work.

I bought BlackBerry Passport Unlocked and inserted my Verizon Sim card and service did not work at all. I even called support and they said phone was not compatible.
    10-16-17 10:48 PM
    Sprint's and Verizon's version of the KEYone will NOT WORK for the att and t-mobile.

sprint/verizon = CDMA

att/tmobile = GSM

They might have few same bands but service will never work.

I bought BlackBerry Passport Unlocked and inserted my Verizon Sim card and service did not work at all. I even called support and they said phone was not compatible.
    I am fairly certain that the Verizon (unofficial since they don't sell it) works on T-mobile. Reason, when I first got my Verizon KeyOne I continued to use my Priv on Verizon so I put my T-mobile sim in the new KeyOne. It worked. Now I did not do extensive testing. I don't know if there might be limitations.
    10-17-17 08:30 AM
    I'm more confused. In theory the silver keyone sold by Sprint and the space black sold by AT&T should work, assuming they're unlocked, on United States GSM and CDMA networks since they are both BBB100-3 US V2 and have the same bands.

But in practice they won't work on the other's network? So is the phone the cause or is it the carrier?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 10:22 AM
    I'm more confused. In theory the silver keyone sold by Sprint and the space black sold by AT&T should work, assuming they're unlocked, on United States GSM and CDMA networks since they are both BBB100-3 US V2 and have the same bands.

But in practice they won't work on the other's network? So is the phone the cause or is it the carrier?

Posted via CB10
    The black one is a BBB100-1, so no CDMA.

Now that VoLTE can be a thing you might be able to get away with using a GSM device on CDMA carriers, but only if the bands are all there and you're in a good LTE area. Sprint's LTE bands (25/26/41) are uncommon, especially compared to Verizon's (2/4/13). Since CDMA phones now include some GSM bands for roaming capabilities the reverse is possible, at least for basic services (i.e. not carrier aggregation or newly introduced bands).

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Chea...he-USA_id77933

Of the Verizon and Sprint LTE bands, the BBB100-1 has 2, 4, 13, and 41, while the BBB100-3 has 2, 4, 13, 25, 26, and 41. This is why the former works on Verizon but not Sprint as a VoLTE device. 25 and 26 are the only bands that are unique to the BBB100-3. The BBB100-1, in comparison, doesn't have 25 and 26, but has 8, 17, 19, 38, 39, and 40 instead; of those bands only 17 is used in North America, although band 12 can act in its stead.
    10-17-17 10:40 AM
    The black one is BBB100-1? I assume you mean both the Space Black (3gb) and the black edition (4gb, single SIM slot), right?

So basically, there's three variants of BBB100-1: space black (AT&T), black edition (not available in the US market), and silver.

Two variants of BBB100-2: black edition and silver. Maybe three if we include the Limited Black Edition (India) version.

Only one variant of BBB100-3, which is silver.

As for BBB100-6, I have no clue.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 11:04 AM
32 12