I want to purchase a keyone and I currently have Sprint. I am concerned about signal issues and drop calls I'm reading about. I'm currently in Virginia and want to hear from someone about there experience with Sprint and the Keyone in Virginia. I'm looking for an honest review. Thanks.
    09-10-17 09:35 AM
    I want to purchase a keyone and I currently have Sprint. I am concerned about signal issues and drop calls I'm reading about. I'm currently in Virginia and want to hear from someone about there experience with Sprint and the Keyone in Virginia. I'm looking for an honest review. Thanks.
    Welcome to Crackberry.

What is Sprint's return policy. If easy, then you might want to give the device a spin and see for yourself. But I can understand not wanting to deal with the complications of returning a device.
    09-10-17 10:10 AM
    they have a two week return policy, not long enough in my estimation to make a good evaluation. I have the CDMA Keyone on Verizon, soo fantastic to me
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-17 11:47 AM
    i have issues to use LTE network on my sprint k1........actually my carrier shows "Blackberry" instead of "sprint"... anyone knows what`s going on?
    09-12-17 09:18 PM
    I was having the same issues, while searching around I went into "System Updates" and updated the PRL and Profile. Warning though as this will install Sprint's host of apps along with quite a few Amazon Apps, most can be uninstalled and or disabled
    09-23-17 04:49 PM
    I have Sprint (but not in VA) - I had some major issues with signal and data at first, but those have been resolved for about a month now. All services seem to work normally on Sprint now, and with decent speeds.
    09-24-17 01:55 PM
    I have Sprint (but not in VA) - I had some major issues with signal and data at first, but those have been resolved for about a month now. All services seem to work normally on Sprint now, and with decent speeds.
    How were they resolved, particularly the signal issue?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-17 01:58 PM
    Oddly enough, I don't really know what Sprint did on their end, because I didn't do anything on mine. I tried all sorts of solution, including a factory reset when I got the phone, but nothing helped. I just couldn't get a workable data signal most of the time. But after about a month or so with the phone, it just started working - boom, just like that. I was out and about for the day and tried to use Chrome to look up something, and it worked. I tried a few other apps that used data, and they all worked. I kept at it for weeks and it still worked, up until now. I'd imagine Sprint fixed something on their end to correct the issue, but I have no idea what it was. I just know that my phone works normally now, and I'm very happy about it.
    09-24-17 02:35 PM
    I'm in the same boat as OP, my company uses Sprint and I've seen very few people here who have the Sprint variant and of those who do, it looks like they have the same issues I hear a lot about (signal strength) but also the problem with Sprint apps turning themselves back on even after they have been disabled. are there any Sprint users with good experiences?
    09-24-17 03:21 PM
    Thanks for the update. I'm planning to get a Keyone on Sprint and I just want to make sure I don't have issues. Seemed interesting that the Keyone after a month or so started working without issues. I'm so excited to get one soon. My Galaxy s6 has worked fine with Sprint but I'm looking forward to getting back to a physical keyboard.
    09-24-17 08:49 PM
    I just got my K1 and I am on Sprint. No issues whatsoever with service and it seems to be working fine. My upper left corner shows the voicemail icon all of the time (even though I have no voicemails) which is really annoying. I think it is a "welcome to Voicemail" type app. Anyone know what that is all about so I can get that annoying VM icon out?
    Byfield97 likes this.
    09-24-17 10:53 PM
    I just got my K1 and I am on Sprint. No issues whatsoever with service and it seems to be working fine. My upper left corner shows the voicemail icon all of the time (even though I have no voicemails) which is really annoying. I think it is a "welcome to Voicemail" type app. Anyone know what that is all about so I can get that annoying VM icon out?
    The voicemail icon is for the voicemail app, they just want you to pay for a special voicemail service. You can long press the notification to block it from showing up
    09-24-17 11:04 PM
    The voicemail icon is for the voicemail app, they just want you to pay for a special voicemail service. You can long press the notification to block it from showing up
    That did the trick - thank you!
    Byfield97 likes this.
    09-26-17 02:18 PM
    I've had the KeyOne for over a month now with pretty much no cell issues on the phone end. Sometimes the booster box at work takes a break and I lose signal for a few seconds (while inside a metal building & on an island). But I haven't experienced the problems that others have with their KeyOnes.
    Byfield97 likes this.
    09-26-17 08:20 PM
    I can chime in on this. I have an att branded phone and have had no issues while others with the silver unlocked do seem to have odd service interruptions on the network.
    09-26-17 08:48 PM
    only complaint I have about the sprint keyone is the fact that we are still on the August update. #BlueBorne
    Byfield97 likes this.
    09-26-17 09:11 PM
    Still no update for me... Anyone on Sprint receive the patch yet??
    10-02-17 11:15 PM
    Still no update for me... Anyone on Sprint receive the patch yet??
    Just checked, still no update for me either
    10-02-17 11:19 PM
    no update on Sprint today
    10-03-17 10:36 AM
    why isn't there a simple tool on this website to track the monthly updates?

how hard would that really be?
    10-04-17 12:59 AM
    Just received the September update AAP494
    10-12-17 08:24 AM
    yes received it this morning as well.
    10-12-17 09:22 AM
    I have Sprint and a K1. The K1 seems to work ok on Sprint but I do notice a few calls every now and then that are like talking into a tin can. If you want tech support on K1, bypass Sprint and call BB directly. So few K1's have been sold by Sprint, the tech people are basically clueless how to address your issues.
    10-12-17 10:19 AM