I am a little disappointed with the specs in relation to the price. However, one thing I haven't seen discussed here is android 7.1. Does it perform more efficiently to the point that the KeyOne's specs will be more than enough?

Also the screen on this phone isn't as big as most phones today, so those specs may actually be just right. Idk. I'll have to play around with one and see how it does in real life use. I still expected at least 4 gb of ram tho.

I'm currently loving me Dtek60. If it had OIS and better low light performance, it would be perfect I think.
    02-25-17 05:39 PM
    Such idiots. Just like the Priv. They learn nothing! They were positioning the Mercury since early on as mid range because of the priv failure and now this price.
    I'll keep my Samsung S7 with keyboard case. It looks dorky but it gets the job done, with much better specs.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    02-25-17 06:39 PM
    BlackBerry has nothing to do with it. Why don't you get that? They are out of the device business.
    Look Conite, stop with the facts.......LOL
    02-25-17 07:23 PM
    Single sim or duos gan?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 07:43 PM
    02-25-17 08:16 PM
    Realistically speaking, people outside the BlackBerry community will recognize it as simply, "The New BlackBerry". The PRIV was a giveaway in from wild because of the PKB. But the DTEK50 and DTEK60 required communicating to people, YES this is a BlackBerry!

I like my phones to work as I intend them to and while a name may help the public...I know I'll most often hear, "Is that a BlackBerry" and I'll respond, "Yes". Don't really have time to educate people of all the details. I mean how many devices out there are running Nougat 7.1 yet alone have everything else the KEYone offers.
    bluesqueen23 and Pez1983 like this.
    02-25-17 08:36 PM
    Lol 550 US is like 520 euros but we get a price tag of 599. No thanks blackberry, you cannot have my money.
    sidtek50 likes this.
    02-25-17 08:41 PM
    The market says I'm right about PBKs, so I don't care what anyone on Crackberry thinks. Most phones these days don't have a pkb and sell incredibly well.
    you mean sell incredibly well without earning any profit except apple? way to go... (unless you have deep pocket sugar daddy, like gove support, it not going to be a party that lasting very long).
    02-25-17 08:45 PM
    Yea you're right - that's a very important piece of information Toni /S

HTC "One" M8, M9

HTC 10

#whatisclassic
    Feel free to ignore it. I don't give a flying crap.
    02-25-17 09:02 PM
    1. would like -50, but not too bad pricing - consider it is capacitive key board that no body else have. whew, i guess i can open a bottle of Chimay beer.
    2. would like to know how much on board memory left after the OS, Carrier, basic app and security software... hopefully, it is not exhibit bload ware symptom.
    3. like 3Gb RAM, it is about time Google pay attention to write good software OS, that not use too much RAM... especially, memory leak problem should be solved. (hopefully, the limited RAM means BB software or Google software got some detection or prevention mechanism of the memory leak...that would be nice). 6Gb RAM of other chaps? they just ready for the crappy software, carrier bloadware and/or hidden tracking software that runs behind... try to mask the issue... (like the apple fan better, at least they not complain about A10, it runs not that fast, but more efficent... as for the true north chip... super SLOW... droid marketing brain washed users to become spec reader or spec buyers... great job). Used to provide FPGA chip to the design with 10-15% more gate thatn the task required... the chap screamming bloody murder... but the chip come out was super... much better than the 30-50% more gate that you can push a button and let computer auto-route ...
    4, look like merc will be successful. just look at the all coverage of the bands... look like international version. just look at the comment, everybody is excited. even the one want a slap = came to the keyboard disucssion try to beat it up... what you afraid of? addicted to keyboard? bet you never try it before... you don't know what you missing (not just any keyboard, the CB keyboard... that typo try to copy it down to the curve details...) bravo.
    02-25-17 09:07 PM
    I think the name is okay. I own the Priv, I am seriously on the fence right now. Ugh!
    02-25-17 10:33 PM
    Anyone that's had the K.O. in their hands... any chance you noticed facebook/messenger notifications being in the hub?
    02-25-17 11:11 PM
    I think the name is okay. I own the Priv, I am seriously on the fence right now. Ugh!
    Someone needs to make a Keyone vs Priv video, in depth video soon...
    speed test, browser, camera, etc.
    02-25-17 11:42 PM
    One thing I haven't heard really mentioned is signal levels and or call quality. I know the majority of phones this is 'fine' with but I've always enjoyed the additional call quality I've had with my bb and seem to also get better signal levels.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 12:01 AM
    To what?
    Other devices in cut-throat markets. In a year's time or less the price will be reduced, with the result people will [hopefully, wrongly] assume that TCL admits that this model is not really superior to the competition.
    02-26-17 07:00 AM
    Looks like it's official... not much new aside from the battery being bigger than I thought. Seems sweet!

EDIT: page may be down now. I think GSM Arena had made a mistake and didn't mean to publish. They confirmed all the rumors: Gpu was 605 I believe.
    About 3500 mha battery.
    625 processor.
    Same lense as Google pixel.
    Android 7.1.
    3:2 aspect ratio.
    That's pretty much all I remember.

BlackBerry Mercury is now official, aptly named KEYone - GSMArena.com news
    The more I view video and the more I review the specs. I've moved away from saying, I'll just wait a few months to observe real life performance, to, that Art Deco beauty is mine upon release in unlocked USA!! I really hadn't planned on buying one. Being content and with my Passport and I really don't know that it will be my daily phone due to my appreciation of Passport. But I will buy a KeyOne and play with it for awhile. Then decide on a daily phone. I've become intensely enamored with BB OS10 and even after using the latest Android OS on a Google Nexus 6 for going on eight months. I'm still uncomfortable with it. Simple things in BB OS10 like a redial if line is busy.
    02-26-17 07:01 AM
    Other devices in cut-throat markets. In a year's time or less the price will be reduced, with the result people will [hopefully, wrongly] assume that TCL admits that this model is not really superior to the competition.
    There is no competition.

If you don't put value in a pkb, and/or the cost of building one is too high, then it means that there is no market left for a pkb device.
    02-26-17 07:05 AM
    To what?
    There is no competition.

If you don't put value in a pkb, and/or the cost of building one is too high, then it means that there is no market left for a pkb device.
    I understand your point; but BB/TCL need to expand the market somehow, and this is not impossible. In my case, for instance, I bought my first BlackBerry, a Curve, because the BlackBerry name reminded me of the University of Waterloo, where I spent a fantastic three years. I then started to value the PKB and other BlackBerry qualities.
    02-26-17 07:16 AM
    I understand your point; but BB/TCL need to expand the market somehow, and this is not impossible. In my case, for instance, I bought my first BlackBerry, a Curve, because the BlackBerry name reminded me of the University of Waterloo, where I spent a fantastic three years. I then started to value the PKB and other BlackBerry qualities.
    TCL has always been about aggressive pricing and market share. I see no reason why they would change now with this device.

People expect a certain level of quality now, and it would appear that this is the cost of a quality pkb today.
    02-26-17 07:19 AM
    Lol 550 US is like 520 euros but we get a price tag of 599. No thanks blackberry, you cannot have my money.
    The dollar price is before sales tax, which varies from state to state; meanwhile, the €uro price includes VAT. If you do some math you will notice that comparing pre-tax to pre-tax, it's a lot cheaper in Europe.
    02-26-17 07:35 AM
    The dollar price is before sales tax, which varies from state to state; meanwhile, the €uro price includes VAT. If you do some math you will notice that comparing pre-tax to pre-tax, it's a lot cheaper in Europe.
    What is the average VAT % in the US?
    02-26-17 07:36 AM
    It varies wildly from state to state, and in some states there are also county (geopolitical regions within the state) and city-based sales taxes added. I wouldn't begin to guess on an average for the country- it depends on where you live, where you purchase the phone, and in some areas, who your carrier is.

What is the average VAT % in the US?
    Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    02-26-17 08:10 AM
    look like LG and new google phone both are not stand out and using lower processor 821 instead of 835... Merc should really be the knight of shining armer to save driod... (S8 appear to scooped all the 835.. Look like the avaiblity of 835, like many on the board wanted are limited supply = wonder why... price, yield issue, or qualcomm signed exclusive to Sammy? ). LG G6 vs Google Pixel: Which Android flagship is the best?
    Merc better show it face asap (before the S8 on market... announcement in march, not sure when is on market)
    02-26-17 08:26 AM
    It varies wildly from state to state, and in some states there are also county (geopolitical regions within the state) and city-based sales taxes added. I wouldn't begin to guess on an average for the country- it depends on where you live, where you purchase the phone, and in some areas, who your carrier is.

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.3.2.2813
    So apart from sales tax, what taxes/costs should be added to try to understand how much you will be paying for a 549 dollar phone?

Quick Google search: (2016) The five states with the highest average combined state and local sales tax rates are Tennessee (9.46 percent), Arkansas (9.30 percent), Louisiana (9.0 percent), Alabama (8.97 percent), and Washington (8.90 percent).

So 9,5% tax is one of the highest rates.

That makes the phone about 600 USD that's still 30 USD cheaper than the european price. Our tax rate is generally 21% on consumer goods.
    02-26-17 08:45 AM
    So apart from sales tax, what taxes/costs should be added to try to understand how much you will be paying for a 549 dollar phone?

Quick Google search: (2016) The five states with the highest average combined state and local sales tax rates are Tennessee (9.46 percent), Arkansas (9.30 percent), Louisiana (9.0 percent), Alabama (8.97 percent), and Washington (8.90 percent).

So 9,5% tax is one of the highest rates.

That makes the phone about 600 USD that's still 30 USD cheaper than the european price. Our tax rate is generally 21% on consumer goods.
    Tl;dr: The phone is a lot cheaper in Europe, as it's the pre-tax price we can compare.

The European VAT is not "generally 21%" but depends entirely on the country. Most seem to add a VAT of around 20-25% on consumer goods.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 09:09 AM
402 ... 1314151617