I have been a long time BlackBerry owner/user, but when my second PassPort seem to have issues picking up phone and Wi-Fi signals I was discouraged. Nevertheless, I decided to bite the bullet and, somewhat reluctantly, try a newer BlackBerry with an Android operating system. I purchased a BlackBerry KeyOne. The screen was broken, but the KeyOne was working fine with the exception of the "Home" and "Last" keys at the bottom of the screen, which, while lighting up, were not functional. I was able to reprogram the to go to home. Nevertheless, I decided to replace the screen which I had successfully done with previous phones, tablets, and computers etc.

At first, everything seemed to function well but intermittently and I discovered that I had not affixed the screen clip properly. Once I did so everything seemed to work fine including the "Home" key. The instructions, with the replacement screen indicated that I should hook everything up to make sure that it worked properly before "permanently" installing the screen; which is what I did. Everything seemed to be functioning well, and I was excited, to "permanently" install the screen and connections.

However, after I "permanently" affixed the screen into the KeyOne, the screen would not come back on. The three buttons at the bottom of the screen would light up, and the keyboard would light up, but the screen would not come on. I was able to receive a phone call by answering when I swiped up from the bottom of the black screen. Accordingly, the screen although black, with the exception of the lit up buttons had some functionality. Moreover, the phone seem to be working, but no screen.

Has anyone had this problem. I know there are some other threads on here but they don't seem to be the same exact situation I'm experiencing. I tried disconnecting, and reconnecting both the battery hook up, and the screen hook up to the KeyOne chassis, but still no screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    02-06-19 03:56 PM
    Could this possibly be a software issue as opposed to a hardware issue?
    02-07-19 12:35 PM
    I have been a long time BlackBerry owner/user, but when my second PassPort seem to have issues picking up phone and Wi-Fi signals I was discouraged. Nevertheless, I decided to bite the bullet and, somewhat reluctantly, try a newer BlackBerry with an Android operating system. I purchased a BlackBerry KeyOne. The screen was broken, but the KeyOne was working fine with the exception of the "Home" and "Last" keys at the bottom of the screen, which, while lighting up, were not functional. I was able to reprogram the to go to home. Nevertheless, I decided to replace the screen which I had successfully done with previous phones, tablets, and computers etc.

At first, everything seemed to function well but intermittently and I discovered that I had not affixed the screen clip properly. Once I did so everything seemed to work fine including the "Home" key. The instructions, with the replacement screen indicated that I should hook everything up to make sure that it worked properly before "permanently" installing the screen; which is what I did. Everything seemed to be functioning well, and I was excited, to "permanently" install the screen and connections.

However, after I "permanently" affixed the screen into the KeyOne, the screen would not come back on. The three buttons at the bottom of the screen would light up, and the keyboard would light up, but the screen would not come on. I was able to receive a phone call by answering when I swiped up from the bottom of the black screen. Accordingly, the screen although black, with the exception of the lit up buttons had some functionality. Moreover, the phone seem to be working, but no screen.

Has anyone had this problem. I know there are some other threads on here but they don't seem to be the same exact situation I'm experiencing. I tried disconnecting, and reconnecting both the battery hook up, and the screen hook up to the KeyOne chassis, but still no screen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    I am facing the same issue with my Keyone , even replaced the screen also assuming that It might have got damaged but same problem persists
    02-07-19 02:36 PM
    same issue with my keyone, anyone , what could be the issue, Options I have tried until now

1) Replaced screen
    2) Force Reset
    3) Removed Battery, plugged power and tried to switch on
    4) Drained the battery for 5-6 days since phone was on, tried to switch on, screen started and showed Bakckberry/Android starting but just as it was about to go next, battery died, after that same issues (i.e. back to square one).
    02-07-19 02:44 PM
    Could a black screen from a software issue, or would it be a hardware only issue?
    02-07-19 05:46 PM