Just having a look at the company's financial reports for Q1 fiscal 2018. On page 12 the company is discussing in greater detail the licensing and IP revenue for the quarter which was $32 million vs $25 million the year before.

They attributed the $7 million increase to the company's secure device licensing arrangements.

Given the approx $7 million in revenue and the rumored $15 a unit royalty from the deal, it means approx 466 000 BlackBerry devices were sold under the new partnership with the new partners such as TCL and others.

I am not sure what the sales for the Keyone were but I would hope they increase next quarter to bring in more revenue for the company. It's suppose to be very high margin revenue but just a smaller contribution in terms of size.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 05:39 AM
    Thanks for the comment. Keyone would be included in this quarter I believe so could be a great next quarter.
    06-24-17 06:34 AM
    keyone is only in there for the UK sales in may for sure. I am honestly no even sure how they would count the sales now with the partnering. Technically it was on sale May 31st as well and those sales MIGHT have figured into the numbers as well but somehow i doubt any of that. Hell even the ones in the UK for the entire month of May might not be in there. Depends on when TCL gives BB the check I would suppose
    portplayer likes this.
    06-24-17 06:38 AM
    also keep this in mind, we are talking over 1 year time frame when many things have changed
    This is everything included in that category that you are talking about, its not just the keyone license deal
    Licensing, IP and other
    includes revenues from the Company’s mobility licensing software arrangements, including
    revenue from licensed hardware sales, the Company’s Intellectual Property and Licensing business, and from its BBM Consumer licensing arrangement.
    06-24-17 08:04 AM
    also keep this in mind, we are talking over 1 year time frame when many things have changed
    This is everything included in that category that you are talking about, its not just the keyone license deal

I understand what may be included in that segment but in the management discussion and analysis report for the page I referenced, the company attributed the $7 million dollar revenue strictly for the smartphone licensing strategy.

Perhaps they got up front payment or the Auora is selling very well overseas. I doubt the May launch of the Keyone in the UK was in the tens of thousands of devices that would have had such a large contribution to revenue.

In any event the best thing is that the handsets are still around and generating some business for the company!

Posted via CB10
    06-24-17 03:50 PM