Hi guys I just wanna know BB K1 is really secured phone in android devices? How we can say it's secure? when we compare to other devices what difference have in security features in k1.
    Mostly we compare the performance and storage but I want to see security comparison .

Posted via CB10
    09-05-17 02:40 AM
    Hi guys I just wanna know BB K1 is really secured phone in android devices? How we can say it's secure? when we compare to other devices what difference have in security features in k1.
    Mostly we compare the performance and storage but I want to see security comparison .

Posted via CB10
    Hello. We will alert and intervene if there is any application reaching the information we do not want access to via Dtek application. The general sense is that. but the whole of Android is not safe anyway.
    09-05-17 02:43 AM
    This is BB's marketing fluff about their Android security efforts: https://ca.blackberry.com/software/s...ure-smartphone

But really, it's as secure as the weakest link, which is more often than not the user.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-17 07:28 AM
    The four main features of BlackBerry Android are: (1) unrootable (which includes unauthorized root access via apps or other means), (2) proprietary full disk encryption, (3) the DTEK app which monitors and reports on security vulnerabilities and / or violations, and (4) regular security patches to the Android OS. Android has other security features but these are the ones claimed by BlackBerry to be unique to its flavour of Android.

Whether or not you consider the above to make your device inherently 'more secure' however, is clearly open to interpretation. And it is not as if no other Android OEM does anything about security. For example, since I switched to an S7 Edge about four months ago from a PRIV, in addition to running Nougat, I have been receiving regular monthly security patches. Galaxy devices also include KNOX, are fully encrypted (SD card encryption can be toggled on or off, similar to BB10), and have their own built-in device maintenance app that optimizes memory and battery usage, clears ram, and scans for malware and viruses.
    09-05-17 09:12 AM