How to turn off popup text for text msg and Whatsapp for blackberry keyone. I have no popup notifications in settings for whatsapp but when I’m watching videos or in any other app I would get the popup msges when some one messages me. Please help. I don’t want to turn off the notifications, just want to prevent the popup .
    01-28-18 04:57 PM
    Ok try this, I haven't done this yet as I don't have Whatsapp on my KEYone.

Step 1: Enable System UI Tuner
    This is done by expanding the notification tray(not fully) and keeping the Settings icon pressed for a few seconds. A message will come up stating it's been enabled.
    Once enabled you see a spanner under the icon

Step 2: Go in the System Settings, scroll right towards the bottom and locate System UI Tuner.

Step 3: Click on Other > Power notification controls and enable it (if you look closely it shows description for each level, we're after No Peeking).

Step 4: Open Notifications settings for Whatsapp. Go to System Settings > Apps > Whatsapp > Notifications and disable app to decide which notifications are important. Then select level three (notice the text under each level)

I believe that's all. You can also try apps like Light Flow that gives you control over notifications.
    Last edited by TheBond; 02-01-18 at 03:04 PM.
    OriginalLucy and pinkpurple like this.
    01-29-18 07:03 AM
    How to turn off popup text for text msg and Whatsapp for blackberry keyone. I have no popup notifications in settings for whatsapp but when I’m watching videos or in any other app I would get the popup msges when some one messages me. Please help. I don’t want to turn off the notifications, just want to prevent the popup .
    Did this work for you?
    01-31-18 04:21 PM
    No I’m still waiting for someone to tell me how to get rid of the popup text msgs
    01-31-18 04:46 PM
    Omg the bond. You are the man, it worked
    01-31-18 05:19 PM
    Omg the bond. You are the man, it worked
    Lol. Like I said, I don't have Whatsapp on my phone but wondered if it'll work or not.

Thanks for confirming. I remember someone else was wanted a way some time back.
    02-01-18 02:59 PM
    Ive been lookinf for this solution, too(txt popup)!!! no one mentioned this other than you!
    everybody talk about "headsoff"app. but It didnt work for me....
    You are genius,The bond!!!! Thank you so much!!!
    02-12-18 09:49 AM
    Ive been lookinf for this solution, too(txt popup)!!! no one mentioned this other than you!
    everybody talk about "headsoff"app. but It didnt work for me....
    You are genius,The bond!!!! Thank you so much!!!
    Thanks mate. Guess I got the theory right.
    I never tried it myself
    02-12-18 03:55 PM
    Nice info !
    02-12-18 11:22 PM
    Is it possible to get the UI Tuner on a Priv ? I tried holding down the gear icon but nothing happens.
    02-13-18 09:02 AM