Received new KeyOne 4 days ago. Model BBB100-1, running 7.1.1
    So far, Screen is first for battery usage, followed by Phone idle

Screen has been on for 5hr 15m and used 661 mAh, 15%
    Phone idle 22h 3m and used 549 mAh, 13%.

Anyone, everyone else experiencing the same?
    07-16-17 06:09 PM
    My phone idle is also consuming a quite a bit of juice, might remove some apps to see if it fixes this.
    07-16-17 07:19 PM
    I've noticed a drain as well. Early June I would get a day and a half before plugging in. nowadays it's more like less than 24hrs. I removed the charger at 100%, 3 mins later I am at 98%. Per battery info, my screens and apps are normal.
    07-16-17 08:44 PM
    I think that the biggest way to lower battery use is to go into your app permissions and disable location services. Not sure if this affects phone idle time but why do I want some silly app have access to my location 24 Hours a day?

Get an app like Task Manager that will identify any apps still running in the background and then access the permissions for each of these and delete location access. This can be done inside the Task Manager app itself.
    07-16-17 10:29 PM
    I think that the biggest way to lower battery use is to go into your app permissions and disable location services. Not sure if this affects phone idle time but why do I want some silly app have access to my location 24 Hours a day?

Get an app like Task Manager that will identify any apps still running in the background and then access the permissions for each of these and delete location access. This can be done inside the Task Manager app itself.
    Geofencing.

Anyway, location services shouldn't used that much batteries anyway
    07-16-17 10:33 PM
    is there such a thing as deep sleep on this OS?
    07-17-17 07:52 AM
    I also have this problem since july patch - AAM481. it used to be SOT using the most battery but now phone idle is the one.. maybe due to the patch?
    07-17-17 06:15 PM
    I also have this problem since july patch - AAM481. it used to be SOT using the most battery but now phone idle is the one.. maybe due to the patch?
    Notice a difference as well. Previously, the battery life is in the range of 23 hours and above, now it's just in the range of 15 to 18 hours with the recent update.
    07-19-17 12:08 AM
    before the June update - I couldn't kill the battery it took effort !!! then the update came and it just drains really fast and no notifications unless the apps are kept in recent app list - haven't got any July update yet
    07-19-17 03:16 AM
    Received new KeyOne 4 days ago. Model BBB100-1, running 7.1.1
    So far, Screen is first for battery usage, followed by Phone idle

Screen has been on for 5hr 15m and used 661 mAh, 15%
    Phone idle 22h 3m and used 549 mAh, 13%.

Anyone, everyone else experiencing the same?
    Yep. I posted about it some time ago. It is still an issue. During the night the battery life can be drained as much as 16-18 percent. Interesting thing is that the phone idle doesn't drain that much while I'm awake and not using the phone, but with notifications on. The bug which makes the phone switch from silent to vibrate by itself is well-known on the June update (which I'm still on). When I go to sleep I therefore put it in the 'do not disturb' mode. These things could be linked.
    07-19-17 12:35 PM
    I'm entering 2 months with my silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and it's only now that i'm having this issue! Has anyone found a solution? Phone Idle is eating my battery! It's been going on for a few days, and I just really paid attention to it when I woke up for the 1st time this morning with a drained battery! That has never happened even when I had gone to sleep with 10% battery, or less even.
    10-20-17 09:47 AM
    I'm entering 2 months with my silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and it's only now that i'm having this issue! Has anyone found a solution? Phone Idle is eating my battery! It's been going on for a few days, and I just really paid attention to it when I woke up for the 1st time this morning with a drained battery! That has never happened even when I had gone to sleep with 10% battery, or less even.
    Have you tried one of the reboot methods?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    10-20-17 12:07 PM
    Have you tried one of the reboot methods?

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    Appreciate the reply. Yes, rebooting is always my first go-to move for weird things happening.
    As I have not downloaded new apps recently, I checked settings, and for some reason some settings seem to have reset, and in particular, the Locations was set to "high", so I set it back to power saving, and i'm observing it now.
    I also checked other Android forums, and Phone Idle battery draining seems to be a common Android issue, and I have seen some solutions involving Locations, too.
    FF22 and DaAznMan like this.
    10-20-17 08:44 PM
    Anyone know why Location seems to change to High on its own?
    10-21-17 06:53 AM