Hi All,

Very new to the whole Android phone thing (I'm just a dinosaur, what can I say?)

I'm slowly learning my way around the BlackBerry KEYone but....

Is there a way to personalise ringtones for individual contacts?

I had this on my Q5 and I really miss it.

I had different ringtones for members of my family, etc and I can't work out how to do it on my BBK1.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Sam.
    Last edited by SamLouise; 07-26-17 at 05:18 AM.
    07-25-17 07:52 AM
    First, you need to separate ringtones from notifications. I know you said ringtones, but many people use that term for everything. On Android you have to customize each one individually. So, to better assist you, do you mean ringtones, meaning when you are receiving a phone call from them? Or notifications, like when you receive a text message from them? Or both?
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-17 12:28 PM
    Hi, I mean ringtones (not notifications) when receiving an incoming call.

Thanks.
    07-26-17 05:17 AM
    Go to a specific contact, click on the"pencil"you are now in the modifying mode ,click on "the three white dots" and there you will see "set ringing"from there you can add a specific song or sound, don't forget to apply before you end the change, and go on so for every contact.Sorry for my poor English but I'm from Belgium...
    07-26-17 11:15 PM
    Hi Morgan, thank you for your reply. It was adding a custom ringtone to a contact I was trying to do (i.e. I had a Laurel and Hardy ringtone for one of my contacts on my previous BlackBerry) but I've sussed out how to do it now (without third party apps such as Zedge) so it's all good.
    08-03-17 07:34 AM
    Hi Morgan, thank you for your reply. It was adding a custom ringtone to a contact I was trying to do (i.e. I had a Laurel and Hardy ringtone for one of my contacts on my previous BlackBerry) but I've sussed out how to do it now (without third party apps such as Zedge) so it's all good.
    Morgan's instructions allows you to do that... Unless you are saying you can't find the custom ringtone? Just make sure the custom ringtone is in the ringtones folder and you should be able to find it using Morgan's instructions.
    Morgan1952 likes this.
    08-03-17 10:12 AM