A note to all BB fans,

Regarding shipping of the unlocked Blackberry KEYone, I just received the below in an email from CrackBerry support in response to an inquiry I made of the order I placed at the beginning of June:

" ... unfortunately we are not going to get a shipment in for awhile, per our supplier. They informed us yesterday that the date was pushed back."

I was originally told that my unit would ship approx. last week in June to first week in July. Now I'm to understand that the unlocked versions will ship "later in the summer" according to an article on CrackBerry and supported by CrackBerry customer service.

Wow BlackBerry/TCL. I guess you guys don't want to sell any units. Good call on not making any then. Best to wait until the people who want them have moved on because they couldn't get one - then flood the market with them after the buyers have left. Very astute.

Thinking about cancelling my order.

Very, very disappointing.
    06-28-17 03:25 PM
    You've made it this long, might as well ride it out.
    06-28-17 03:27 PM
    A note to all BB fans,

Regarding shipping of the unlocked Blackberry KEYone, I just received the below in an email from CrackBerry support in response to an inquiry I made of the order I placed at the beginning of June:

" ... unfortunately we are not going to get a shipment in for awhile, per our supplier. They informed us yesterday that the date was pushed back."

I was originally told that my unit would ship approx. last week in June to first week in July. Now I'm to understand that the unlocked versions will ship "later in the summer" according to an article on CrackBerry and supported by CrackBerry customer service.

Wow BlackBerry/TCL. I guess you guys don't want to sell any units. Good call on not making any then. Best to wait until the people who want them have moved on because they couldn't get one - then flood the market with them after the buyers have left. Very astute.

Thinking about cancelling my order.

Very, very disappointing.
    06-28-17 05:21 PM
    I understand. I wouldn't be happy either. In fact, you're taking it better than I would.

I know this is easy for me to say because I'm not in your shoes - but don't cancel. Hang in there. The wait will be worth it - I promise! Take a deep breath. Just hang on. You'll be glad that you did. Who knows? Maybe you'll get it sooner than they're saying anyway.
    06-28-17 05:31 PM
    Sorry your experience so far has been bad. Did you order through Crackberry? Just curious as to why you've been corresponding with them. Hopefully the sales/distribution arm, BlackBerry Mobile, will come through soon. Good luck!

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    Xeak likes this.
    06-28-17 05:52 PM
    Hardly a serious issue here. As an iPhone user in the past, if you didn't order the new model within a few minutes, orders were pushed back by months. Nothing new.
    06-28-17 06:23 PM
    It's tough...hang in there. Surround yourself with people that can lift your spirits.
    06-28-17 06:31 PM
    It's tough...hang in there. Surround yourself with people that can lift your spirits.
    Which means don't hang out on cb too much ..... 😁
    kbz1960 and Bucky2016 like this.
    06-28-17 06:36 PM
    Good advice, thank you
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-29-17 07:16 AM
    Are you a Canadian? For some reason, unlocked device sales in Canada have been limited to carrier sales at the moment. You CAN get one through your carrier, OR you can get one imported from the US or the UK, OR you can just wait till they make unlocked units available. It's an unfortunate situation, BUT you are not without options. But believe me I KNOW it's frustrating. As someone pointed out this happens to Apple fans every time a new iPhone is released. I had to wait over a month for my iPhone 7 Plus. (I get Androids too! And have/had a KEYone - which I gave to my Dad for father's day!)
    06-29-17 10:01 AM
    Whats with the thread title? What does this have to do with the KEYone itself?
    06-29-17 10:53 AM
    Whats with the thread title? What does this have to do with the KEYone itself?
    Better?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-29-17 11:22 AM
    Better?
    Yes. Thanks
    06-29-17 11:25 AM
    The thing is, believe it or not, the Keyone is in high demand which they might have been ready for. I just talked to a guy at the Rogers store and he says they go as soon as they get in....and no returns or reports of screen lifting.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-29-17 12:04 PM
    No, not better. If I wanted the thread title to read differently I would have written it that way originally.
    06-29-17 03:13 PM
    I'm kinda having second thoughts about the K1 now because Wow Mobile has a wicked deal on the S8. But I just can't imagine life without a keyboard.
    06-29-17 04:36 PM
    The thing is, believe it or not, the Keyone is in high demand which they might have been ready for. I just talked to a guy at the Rogers store and he says they go as soon as they get in....and no returns or reports of screen lifting.

Posted via CB10
    Anecdotal evidence from a single data point means nothing.
    06-29-17 05:00 PM
    Yes. That's very true but really that's all these forums are. Anecdotes. Since we don't have detailed stats, that's all we have to go by. The positive comment from the guy at the store certainly was different from the last time I inquired about the Priv. But you are right. I guess we will find out eventually.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-29-17 05:11 PM
    No, not better. If I wanted the thread title to read differently I would have written it that way originally.
    Sorry, but the original title was misleading. The additional "with Availability" reflects the content of the thread.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-29-17 11:05 PM