Anyone using a Blackberry Keyone made before June 2017 and not repaired?
    06-19-18 01:44 PM
    There are a few who still do, but it's only inevitable that your display will fall out. They were literally not glued in.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-19-18 02:17 PM
    mine is 20170628, fell a couple of times already. i've read that bb recalled the phones and applied the glue once the issue was discovered
    06-19-18 02:30 PM
    Purchased my K1 end of May 2017, todate no issues there again I treat my phone like a fine lady "With respect" not like a "Lager Lout"
    06-19-18 02:52 PM
    Mines is a May 2017 also purchased from eBay. Screen popped out about 6 months later but glued down well enough. I dare not send it back to the UK repair shop after hearing some of the horror stories!!! Everything else is hunky dory and get solid battery life. I paid 260 GBP when purchased so wasn't too worried about the screen. Great device
    06-19-18 03:05 PM
    I brought K1 on the launch day (may 30) from Amazon.com for my niece, with a soft transparent sleeve. So far, no problem. (with 2 day shipping. I am sure it was made before June). May be I am just lucky. (the kid take good care of it - she was told this is the one going to last for 4 years of university... she would buy her own if she needs another).
    06-19-18 03:13 PM
    I brought K1 on the launch day (may 30) from Amazon.com for my niece, with a soft transparent sleeve. So far, no problem. (with 2 day shipping. I am sure it was made before June). May be I am just lucky. (the kid take good care of it - she was told this is the one going to last for 4 years of university... she would buy her own if she needs another).
    I bought mine from the same place on the same day, and my display lazily came separated after about a month. :P
    06-19-18 03:40 PM
    I also bought one from Amazon US on launch day and so far, so good with the screen issue.
    06-19-18 03:55 PM
    Purchased one on day 1. Screen fell off about 4 months later. Added the adhesive myself and never had an issue since.
    06-19-18 07:44 PM
    Just recently had mine replaced, screen fell out. I think it's inevitable; the screen simply had no adhesive, screws, nothing at all holding it in place.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    06-20-18 12:43 AM
    Got mine on the 1st day last year. Works perfectly.
    06-20-18 01:51 AM
    To be 100% sure that the screen won't fall out on a Silver K1 (Black/Bronze Edition doesn't have that problem at all) you need to make sure the build date is July 10th or later, maybe a couple days before is fine who knows..
    Or, ask for proof that it's been repaired if it's an earlier built unit.
    06-20-18 02:04 AM
    Was the repairing easy? I don't mind if my screen comes off but i want it to be a easy repair.
    06-20-18 05:54 AM
    Applying glue is an easy procedure? I don't mind if my screen pops off in the future but I want to repair it easily.
    06-20-18 05:55 AM
    Was the repairing easy? I don't mind if my screen comes off but i want it to be a easy repair.
    That depends. In some cases, like mine, I noticed a thin stream of light along the entire left edge. It was at night and the room was fairly dark. I checked and, yes, the screen was lifting. I immediately applied scotch tape. This is when you can fix it yourself or take it to a cell phone shop (I've heard fairly cheap repair costs).

BUT the big problem for others was that it suddenly popped off and the very thin, fragile cable that attaches the screen to the other electronics tears or rips. In this case, you need a new screen and it is much more expensive.

If it happens suddenly you might not be able to prevent the cable tear/rip.
    06-20-18 08:59 AM
    I actually "won" my silver CDMA Key One at a CB event in Dc, Date code is 6/08/217 and I have had zero problems with any screen lift issues. I had heard (way back when) that the CDMA versions may not have been as effected as the GSM models, but who knows.

Of course, now that I said something, it will probably fall out in my lap while driving this afternoon.

If so, It's all your guys fault
    06-20-18 09:43 AM
    I actually "won" my silver CDMA Key One at a CB event in Dc, Date code is 6/08/217 and I have had zero problems with any screen lift issues. I had heard (way back when) that the CDMA versions may not have been as effected as the GSM models, but who knows.

Of course, now that I said something, it will probably fall out in my lap while driving this afternoon.

If so, It's all your guys fault
    I know of two specific cdma screen lift events - mine and a moderator. I think others have been reported.
    06-20-18 11:46 AM
    No problem so far with my K1. Bought from Carphone Warehouse (UK).
    Not sure if they'd repair it should it happen to mine seeing as I've had it nearly a year.
    (Although I'd be prepared to accept a K2 as a replacement!)
    06-20-18 01:19 PM
    Bought it on launch. It's been dropped a couple of times but no issues whatsoever.
    06-20-18 01:56 PM
    I know of two specific cdma screen lift events - mine and a moderator. I think others have been reported.
    So the ratio % is actually on my side then..

Sorry to hear about yours and the Mods. I assume they are both working "better" now.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-20-18 02:15 PM
    How does one find the production date?
    06-20-18 03:42 PM
    dial *#2886# , tap MANU, tap TRACEABILITY ( this is where your PRD# shows), tap PASS,build date will be at the bottom in " Date Code: YYYMMMDD" format, then tap PASS again, scroll down to EXIT, and tap.

Silver KeyOne, build date 20170628. Bought through BestBuy, late July 2017. Just went to an outdoor wedding a couple of weeks ago, in 107 degree heat, at 7PM, next to a lake. I admit that i kept it out of direct sunlight that afternoon, just because the glass screen felt warm just holding it in my hand. But considering the temp with a heat index of 112, the glare and no reception where the event was located without a signal booster, I wasn't using it anyway. I have checked and rechecked the phone since then, just because it was so hot that day, but there are no issues showing up at all.
    OriginalLucy likes this.
    06-20-18 06:55 PM
    Applying glue is an easy procedure? I don't mind if my screen pops off in the future but I want to repair it easily.
    If you are sitting down looking down at the phone when the screen lets go that is not so much the problem. But if you have it aimed up to take a picture the screen will fall off and probably tearing off the cable which means a new screen.
    As per FF22™
    BUT the big problem for others was that it suddenly popped off and the very thin, fragile cable that attaches the screen to the other electronics tears or rips. In this case, you need a new screen and it is much more expensive.
    06-20-18 07:53 PM
    So the ratio % is actually on my side then..

Sorry to hear about yours and the Mods. I assume they are both working "better" now.
    Mine worked. The scotch tape was hardly noticeable. But it was replaced.
    06-20-18 08:12 PM
    I'm an old guy and therefore permitted to give grandfatherly advice: if you have one of these phones, do SOMETHING to mitigate the possibility (likelihood?) that it IS going to separate. The difference between noticing a bit of separation vs. the screen spilling off and tearing the cable is significant. It is VERY easy to fix in the first case; painful and expensive in the second.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-18 10:29 AM
26 12