Hi Guys!

Anyone bought this phone ? Please share your views and comments on the same

Thanks
    08-09-17 01:07 AM
    Mr Mobile has.... think he summed it up.
    08-09-17 10:10 AM
    Yup - Got one today. Probably the first to be officially sold in India.
    So far so good, loved the HUB implementation on BB10, not as fond of it on Android as it doesn't launch with a gesture (or I haven't figured how to make that work yet)
    08-09-17 10:14 AM
    I can't wait for them to release it in Canada!
    08-09-17 12:46 PM
    A wait that might never end.
    portplayer likes this.
    08-09-17 12:56 PM
    Were you hoping for the extra RAM/storage and the second SIM slot, or just the color?
    08-09-17 01:32 PM
    I don't find my current KeyONe slow or out of memory. To be honest, having a second sim slot and an all black model would be great!
    08-09-17 01:42 PM
    Were you hoping for the extra RAM/storage and the second SIM slot, or just the color?
    Ram + color and Sim
    08-09-17 01:43 PM
    @thurask A mixed reaction. So far not very excited. Expected a familiar Blackberry 10 and Samsung Android mix, lots of apps splurged, home screen and icons not very familiar except bbm icon.
    LOTS STILL TO DISCOVER.
    Was VERY VERY HAPPY to find Hub established after some playing around.
    THE BIGGEST NEGATIVE : Unable to understand how to get backup from Passport to KEYone. This 4Gb-64Gb has no inbox manual. Its help menu is not yet friendly, but may be with a little playing around, it should be on the flick, hopefully.
    Dont know how to get Linkedin, Facbook, Twitter, and the rest as yet, but got my emails setup and missing the sms backup.
    The data transfer is only via cloud (google drive) or an app Blackberry Content Transfer, which does not manage to link via wifi, so I set up google drive which I never used since past 6 yrs. I expected blackberry ouht to have thought about this and provided a method via Link or bluetooth. Even via BlackBerry ID account would have been simple and great. It was a disappointment and has left a bad taste.
    Keyboard gives a soft rubberised feel. The right volume and hot ket keeps cutting in with a small touch during routine handling. Perhaps, I need to modify my holding and using techniques.
    The security does not show "green" zone unless finger print is cut in.
    For now, it is like tinker-bells and whistling joe. Got to get it quiet.
    Dear Thurask, how does one sync contacts and get sms from the Passport to KEYone Limited Black?
    SOS PLEASE!!!!
    08-09-17 01:54 PM
    @thurask : Also, request any tips and tricks for use of specified apps good for managing task, reminders, navigation, contacts back ups and mergers, 4square etc. I had paid apps from bb-world. They may not be available anymore cross platform I suppose, but similar ones in android which you think may be better ones?
    08-09-17 02:01 PM
    Go to YouTube and search Blackberry KEYone videos. Lots of videos from Blackberry mobile to show you how to set up your KEYONE. You're out of luck with the paid apps on your BB10 account. From my experience They don't port over

Rock'n that Passport SE aka the KeyONE's fat sister
    08-09-17 02:07 PM
    A mixed reaction. So far not very excited. Expected a familiar Blackberry 10 and Samsung Android mix, lots of apps splurged, home screen and icons not very familiar except bbm icon.
    LOTS STILL TO DISCOVER.
    THE BIGGEST NEGATIVE : Unable to understand how to get backup from Passport to KEYone. This 4Gb-64Gb has no inbox manual. Its help menu is not yet friendly, but may be with a little playing around, it should be on the flick, hopefully.
    Dont know how to get Linkedin, Facbook, Twitter, and the rest as yet, but got my emails setup and missing the sms backup.
    The data transfer is only via cloud (google drive) or an app Blackberry Content Transfer, which does not manage to link via wifi, so I set up google drive which I never used since past 6 yrs. I expected blackberry ouht to have thought about this and provided a method via Link or bluetooth. Even via BlackBerry ID account would have been simple and great. It was a disappointment and has left a bad taste.
    Keyboard gives a soft rubberised feel. The right volume and hot ket keeps cutting in with a small touch during routine handling. Perhaps, I need to modify my holding and using techniques.
    Dear Thurask, how does one sync contacts and get sms from the Passport to KEYone Limited Black?
    SOS PLEASE!!!!
    Before you do anything, do this:

Go to YouTube and search Blackberry KEYone videos. Lots of videos from Blackberry mobile to show you how to set up your KEYONE. You're out of luck with the paid apps on your BB10 account. From my experience They don't port over

Rock'n that Passport SE aka the KeyONE's fat sister
    This is the BlackBerry Mobile YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC36...5xk6jkg/videos

Anyway, if the contacts are synced to an email address, set up that email address in Hub. If they're local contacts, save them to an email address, it's easier than exporting them some other way.

As for SMS, any app that can export your SMS database into .xml or .csv or something like that should do the trick. There are a few in BB World (such as this: https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/39592932/), but they tend to cost money, and it's harder to justify spending money on a platform you're about to leave. Regardless, once you have your database, restore it with another app on Android; this app is by the same outfit that made Ultimate Backup on BB10: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....optimumbackup

LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, those apps, just download from the Play Store and set them up.

Also, request any tips and tricks for use of specified apps good for managing task, reminders, navigation, contacts back ups and mergers, 4square etc. I had paid apps from bb-world. They may not be available anymore cross platform I suppose, but similar ones in android which you think may be better ones?
    Google Keep, BlackBerry Calendar, Google Maps, an email account/BlackBerry Contacts, Foursquare itself, respectively. Paid apps from BB World won't cross over.
    Tim-ANC and pdss like this.
    08-09-17 02:48 PM

Not giving up Passport. Looking at retiring Classic and giving KEYone to wife and I use Passport.
    As I have a backup of the sms, maybe I take a restore from my Classic in addition to the what is on Passport. Then I use "Smart Switch" with a couple of Samsung at home to get them in Android base. Thereafter I restore from that Android backup. The sms are about 7000. Also, getting the same PIN for BBM is likely to be another Discovery of India

Indeed it seems the purchases will be a waste unless I use wife's bb ID, just for the bb world apps which were purchased as most of the purchased apps were on passport.

I am now looking at the best recommended apps for Navigation, I am here, Check-in, search for and weather. Any recommendations?
    08-09-17 03:58 PM
    @FishhPoohh I just saw the advise on sms. I have a paid app for sms. GR8 buddy. I think I am well placed now.
    Your response also got me to return to BB World and look for apps that interface with android base for data. It may be worth that couple of dollars than spending time going round the mulberry bush. Thanks Again.
    08-09-17 04:03 PM
    @thurask ....you are tremendous.
    btw, we had some exchange of notes. It was on Classic, a disappointment. It took me a lot of effort in trying to explain to the Blackberry Service Centre engineers that there was a Hardware issue. Those guys replaced 2 batteries, two charging strips, but never changed the housing of the charging port, which was THE ISSUE. I wasted money on two batteries and one strip. I plan to ask for return as I got Classic finally going by getting it repaired from a store in Delhi., not a Service Centre of Blackberry, but an experienced person. I was up and running within 45 mins. However, i learnt from this guy, who once was on payrolls of Blackberry India Sales for corporate clients, that Classic had three known cases of mother board damage. Though just 3 cases out of some 20 odd that came for repair, but he believes Classic is tough and advised me not to sell. It has a new battery and strangely, it took update from BB Link, which was not happening earlier if you remember as I had used your advised autoloader.
    Is there some connection with the combination of charging strip and the housing for charging port because of which the device would not take updates from Link??
    08-09-17 04:20 PM
    WHAT A BIG DECEPTION LAUNCH & SALE or Was It a LIE?
    Very Sad that a Brand name BlackBerry has stooped ( )to deceptive methods of bringing in foreign made items and under the garb of Limited Edition, sell Chinese product.
    While it is launched as the Optimus Manufactured device under license, BlackBerry decided to Launch KEYone as "Limited Edition Black" with NO MENTION of this product being manufactured by China and sold in India.
    I may be able to understand where this compulsion have come to Blackberry & Optimus. India and China are in a border stand-off. If it is felt that Indians would have rejected a Chinese Made product especially when Indians are made to believe that an Indian Company is to manufacture and sell in India (something which all of believed was a great moment), turns out to be a product still made overseas and sold in India and that this overseas country turns out to be China, the launch would have been a disaster.
    I wonder what was the big deal in telling the world that the initial sales during launch would be of a few "Limited" editions from China? Mr Chen could have well clarified this, knowing well this "LAUNCH" of Optimus (Made in India) is a lie?
    I am seriously disturbed with the growing hijack of ethics by Blackberry. Wonder if this is called Chinese Checker or fooling brand loyalist?
    There was absolutely no harm in stating that initial models would be Chinese make and the Indian manufactured models are in pipe-line. The Executive Director of Optimus also stated that the BlackBerry and Optimus has moved ahead with the "Make in India" effort. But now I doubt if India is ready to manufacture the quality brand and class of BlackBerry.

NEXT : The Launch was made available through Amazon.in and in the product description, the text is completely silent on "manufacturer". IN FACT AMAZON.in is also not allowing product review by customers. So this is clearly intended to be a systematic deception and calculated sale by unethical means.
    08-10-17 12:51 AM
    @thurask A mixed reaction. So far not very excited. Expected a familiar Blackberry 10 and Samsung Android mix, lots of apps splurged, home screen and icons not very familiar except bbm icon.
    LOTS STILL TO DISCOVER.
    SOS PLEASE!!!!
    Try NFC to transfer contacts calendar etc
    pdss likes this.
    08-10-17 12:59 AM
    :0)
    Never used NFC and living with BB, wondered if I may ever have to use it. It is never late to study and see if it works.
    Gr8! Thanks @cellphone junkey.
    08-10-17 01:18 AM
    WHAT A BIG DECEPTION LAUNCH & SALE or Was It a LIE?
    Very Sad that a Brand name BlackBerry has stooped ( )to deceptive methods of bringing in foreign made items and under the garb of Limited Edition, sell Chinese product.
    While it is launched as the Optimus Manufactured device under license, BlackBerry decided to Launch KEYone as "Limited Edition Black" with NO MENTION of this product being manufactured by China and sold in India.
    I may be able to understand where this compulsion have come to Blackberry & Optimus. India and China are in a border stand-off. If it is felt that Indians would have rejected a Chinese Made product especially when Indians are made to believe that an Indian Company is to manufacture and sell in India (something which all of believed was a great moment), turns out to be a product still made overseas and sold in India and that this overseas country turns out to be China, the launch would have been a disaster.
    I wonder what was the big deal in telling the world that the initial sales during launch would be of a few "Limited" editions from China? Mr Chen could have well clarified this, knowing well this "LAUNCH" of Optimus (Made in India) is a lie?
    I am seriously disturbed with the growing hijack of ethics by Blackberry. Wonder if this is called Chinese Checker or fooling brand loyalist?
    There was absolutely no harm in stating that initial models would be Chinese make and the Indian manufactured models are in pipe-line. The Executive Director of Optimus also stated that the BlackBerry and Optimus has moved ahead with the "Make in India" effort. But now I doubt if India is ready to manufacture the quality brand and class of BlackBerry.

NEXT : The Launch was made available through Amazon.in and in the product description, the text is completely silent on "manufacturer". IN FACT AMAZON.in is also not allowing product review by customers. So this is clearly intended to be a systematic deception and calculated sale by unethical means.
    Notice this text from Gadget360 reviews : "Optiemus is now selling the same KEYone in India, with a few modifications. The first few batches are made by TCL and imported, but the company is planning to ramp up its own design and manufacturing operations in India soon, in a joint venture with Taiwan's Wistron. We have the Indian version of the KEYone with us today, in a limited edition black finish. Here's our full review....." BlackBerry KEYone Review | NDTV Gadgets360.com
    08-10-17 01:20 AM
    I tend to trust this source. But the article mentions a different manufacturer (although I'm sure that's been covered already). I'd love the all black variant. I'd also gladly accept a known post-defect silver reg and live with that for 2 years.

Teaser suggests BlackBerry could show off all-black KEYone at IFA - GSMArena.com news
    Last edited by thefamf; 08-10-17 at 01:29 AM. Reason: bad link
    08-10-17 01:26 AM
    This is a Google Blackberry on Google Android. Google has taken away BlackBerry right out of you throat and fed you with a Google. You may now end up share everything on google, with google, for google, that was once secure with the original BB OS. You are better of with your BB OS.
    It is only a matter of time that Google would find the world against it. Europe only sampled one such attempt, but today Google thinks it can absorb a few billion dollars shock. What it may not be able to absorb is a few new enterprise that would decentralize this google domain.
    I will have to give away this Limited Edition Black, a Chinese Manufacture device launched on 8th Aug, to one of the youngsters who love to flaunt android. To my mind, this must be called Google mobile. Google is not very popular in India, disliked in China, so 2/3rds of global population is not with it. Back to search engines, there are better or equally good search engines out there. It stands between every action as a red tape and soon may act as a regulator asking for a "toll fee" to proceed.
    08-10-17 03:25 AM
    I do have the limited limited edition black. It's smooth and no lag. But call quality is terrible. Signal keeps dropping all the time. On the status bar you can actually see the signal bars going up and down which inturn will kill the battery life. My phone takes ages to fully charge which is also a negative thing. Ram management is good so is the battery life. About to return the handset sadly
    08-20-17 01:28 AM
    Yup - Got one today. Probably the first to be officially sold in India.
    So far so good, loved the HUB implementation on BB10, not as fond of it on Android as it doesn't launch with a gesture (or I haven't figured how to make that work yet)
    Was the unit you bought Made in India?
    Manufactured by Optiemus?
    09-07-17 01:12 AM
    Was the unit you bought Made in India?
    Manufactured by Optiemus?
    Not Made in India. The initial lots are imports
    09-09-17 02:21 AM
    Not Made in India. The initial lots are imports
    My bad, I misunderstood your previous post.
    Yes I know.
    My dad took one too within 3 days of going on sale.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-17 03:17 AM
29 12