Good evening Fellow CB's,

I had my phone for about 2 months now since June and last week my keyboard started to go. I sent an email to BlackBerry Mobile and didn't receive any call back or email response. So, today I called them up and after 30+ minutes on hold... I finally got throuhgh.

I did a complete factory reset twice on my device since the issue and it still hasn't corrected the issue. I don't have any other issue with the phone besides the physical keyboard (select keys).

I was told that I will be receiving a brand new replacement from their new *batch* of phones which don't have the lose screen issue.

I should be getting my tracking info in the next couple days and should receive the phone by end of the week.

I hope the transition to the replacement phone would be seamless with all the programs and settings.

Would you guys know of any particular tests I should do before confirming that the replacement unit is not faulty?

1. Check backlit keyboard (whether it illuminates properly)
    2. Check finger print sensor for functionality
    3. Check if there is any ringer issue
    4. Check to see if all phyiscal convenience buttons work (power button, volume, convenience keys)
    5. Check camera quality (Front and Rear) and video quality
    6. Any others ...
    FF22 likes this.
    07-31-17 10:02 PM
    Ask yourself a question, did you perform all of these tests when you first received the phone? Unfortunately your keyboard has become defective but the phone is being replaced under warranty. If there are any issues with your replacement phone you'll find out eventually and yes it would still be under warranty. Don't overthink things, I know you're not happy right now but take a breath and wait for the replacement which hopefully will arrive soon!
    07-31-17 11:02 PM
    happened to me; keyboard dead; they replaced my device, so good advice from yamahammer: under warranty? take a deep breath and wait for replacement. hopefully you'll get a new one soon. good luck
    07-31-17 11:57 PM
    I don't think any of the keyboards light up where there isn't some difference in the illumination of the keys. I think that issue is on all of them (not really an issue, more of a minor annoyance).
    08-01-17 05:53 AM
    Good evening Fellow CB's,

I had my phone for about 2 months now since June and last week my keyboard started to go. I sent an email to BlackBerry Mobile and didn't receive any call back or email response. So, today I called them up and after 30+ minutes on hold... I finally got throuhgh.

I did a complete factory reset twice on my device since the issue and it still hasn't corrected the issue. I don't have any other issue with the phone besides the physical keyboard (select keys).

I was told that I will be receiving a brand new replacement from their new *batch* of phones which don't have the lose screen issue.

I should be getting my tracking info in the next couple days and should receive the phone by end of the week.

I hope the transition to the replacement phone would be seamless with all the programs and settings.

Would you guys know of any particular tests I should do before confirming that the replacement unit is not faulty?

1. Check backlit keyboard (whether it illuminates properly)
    2. Check finger print sensor for functionality
    3. Check if there is any ringer issue
    4. Check to see if all phyiscal convenience buttons work (power button, volume, convenience keys)
    5. Check camera quality (Front and Rear) and video quality
    6. Any others ...
    Do all the sensor tests. Proximity, Orientation, mics and speakers.

If Blackberry Virtual Expert is still not available, there was a 3rd party site that had a version that I installed on my KeyOne. Not all the tests work but enough of them do.
    08-01-17 11:27 AM
    Thanks everyone for your feedback and support on this matter.
    08-01-17 11:50 AM
    Device is being shipped as I got the new imei but tracking still says the slips were printed as of August 2 nd.
    08-04-17 12:04 AM
    I got my device today and I am just doing a fee tests. what was concerning was the phone was 20% charged, so I charged it to full 100% and it downloaded the new build. Then the screen went blank on me. I couldn't do anything. I couldnt even power it off. I found an article online to do a soft reset by holding power button for 12 seconds. the device rebooted and all is well. should this be a concern? I have until 8th to ship back my old unit.
    08-04-17 09:03 PM
    I got my device today and I am just doing a fee tests. what was concerning was the phone was 20% charged, so I charged it to full 100% and it downloaded the new build. Then the screen went blank on me. I couldn't do anything. I couldnt even power it off. I found an article online to do a soft reset by holding power button for 12 seconds. the device rebooted and all is well. should this be a concern? I have until 8th to ship back my old unit.
    Play with it as much as you can and test to make sure that was a one time issue.

Enjoy.
    08-04-17 10:10 PM
    I played with it as much as u could. I ran the new Blackberry diagnostic check that came with the latest build. It passed. I am crossing my fingers it was a one off with my initial blank screen.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-08-17 11:03 AM
    I believe the problem comes when the phone gets a bit warm.I have the same problem and I tried to cool is off a little in the fridge LOL ,I know I am crazy.But it seems that the ''fridge'' method works.The keyboard was working just fine after that but only for a wile.After the phone got warm again same thing happened again.It seems that ''these'' key's can't handle the heat.I don't know but I am sharing your point that is very annoying.I will be sending mine for replacement soon.Apologies if my English is not coorect-not my native language.
    08-14-17 09:19 AM
    I believe the problem comes when the phone gets a bit warm.I have the same problem and I tried to cool is off a little in the fridge LOL ,I know I am crazy.But it seems that the ''fridge'' method works.The keyboard was working just fine after that but only for a wile.After the phone got warm again same thing happened again.It seems that ''these'' key's can't handle the heat.I don't know but I am sharing your point that is very annoying.I will be sending mine for replacement soon.Apologies if my English is not coorect-not my native language.
    You have done an excellent job in portraying your issue. I wouldn't underestimate your English. To be honest, these forums will only help or improve it for future. No need to apologize.

It is unfortunate that the same issue has occurred on your device and I am glad the warranty will take care of it. I just wish they did better QA before sending out the first batch of these phones. Especially, when the price point is above $700 CAD.

I am even considering at the possibility of upgrading to the BlackBerry KEYOne Limited Edition - Black due to the extra specs.
    08-14-17 02:00 PM
    happened to me; keyboard dead; they replaced my device, so good advice from yamahammer: under warranty? take a deep breath and wait for replacement. hopefully you'll get a new one soon. good luck
    I own 2 KEYᴼᴺᴱ's, one keyboard is way bright but the other is not bright at all. Should I get a replacement for the one with the low light issue? Or is there a settings?thanks
    09-18-17 11:25 PM
    I haven't had any heat issues at all, what's causing yours to get warm?
    09-18-17 11:28 PM