Lotsa sales at the right price would've been grand, eh.
    Yes of course and imagine selling at 15000r ....
    but suicide on a profit statement!

With those specs it's in line with the market.
    08-01-17 02:56 AM
    Yes of course and imagine selling at 15000r ....
    but suicide on a profit statement!

With those specs it's in line with the market.
    I think too dear for too many in india.

My thinking is sell it at a profit but less than other markets, and therefore sell a lot.

Apparently quite difficult to buy indian phones from outside of india, so cross country selling unlikely to be high, but internal selling advanced.

Shrug, we can differ in our opinions 😀
    08-01-17 02:59 AM
    08-01-17 03:08 AM
    Made by TCL, china

(That's the back of mr mobile's test indian KEYone)
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry KEYone India now taking orders-56871.jpg  
    08-01-17 03:17 AM
    I'll probably end up buying Keyone but even though it was as expected, I feel let down and need some time to recover...
    Any idea how many Keyone they expect to sell at Rs. 39,999?
    08-01-17 03:19 AM
    Made by TCL, china

(That's the back of mr mobile's test indian KEYone)
    I wonder if it's because Optiemus sub contracted the manufacturing to a Taiwanese company in India.
    08-01-17 03:32 AM
    I wonder if it's because Optiemus sub contracted the manufacturing to a Taiwanese company in India.
    Except it was made by tcl in china, not taiwan.
    08-01-17 03:38 AM
    Except it was made by tcl in china, not taiwan.
    You are right.
    Optiemus is listed as a importer. I think the media is giving too much credit to Optiemus even though they are just a distributor.
    08-01-17 03:57 AM
    Hey Bla1ze, are you guys doing a tour in India soon?
    I will wire some dough to your bank account so you can send me the phone LOL.

Holy feck, this is what I want and what I am waiting for!!!! All black, better specs and hybrid solution for SD Card/Dual-SIM.

Hopefully I will get rewarded for not buying the original KeyOne due to screen popping mess and this phone will be released in the EU market too!
    It seems (very?) promising that it will be released over here since the manual of that phone is written in English (not Hindi) and it does not have the Hindi second physical keyboard. Maybe it's a lead.

I don't know if India is one of BB's big markets, but I cannot understand why this stealth KeyOne isn't globally released?!?! Eventually I would prolly have bought the original KeyOne with Christmas when the screen popping mess would probably have been dealt with, but surely I'm not going to buy the original KeyOne any longer now that I know of the existence of the stealth one.....

I wonder if this phone will work in the EU and if I need to buy an extra power adapter. Must find a way to get a hold of it IF it will never see the EU market.

Here's another thorough vid:
    08-01-17 04:44 AM
    Hey Bla1ze, are you guys doing a tour in India soon?
    I will wire some dough to your bank account so you can send me the phone LOL.

Holy feck, this is what I want and what I am waiting for!!!! All black, better specs and hybrid solution for SD Card/Dual-SIM.

Hopefully I will get rewarded for not buying the original KeyOne due to screen popping mess and this phone will be released in the EU market too!
    It seems (very?) promising that it will be released over here since the manual of that phone is written in English (not Hindi) and it does not have the Hindi second physical keyboard. Maybe it's a lead.

I don't know if India is one of BB's big markets, but I cannot understand why this stealth KeyOne isn't globally released?!?! Surely, I'm not going to buy the original KeyOne any longer now that I know of this stealth one.....

I wonder if this phone will work in the EU and if I need to buy an extra power adapter. Must find a way to get a hold of it IF it will never see the EU market.

Here's another thorough vid:
    India is part of asia pacific bands, and that includes ca and us.

However, look at your telco bands, cos the emea version may also work for you.

Bear in mind, the indian version may also go to brazil / south america, because optiemus was only an importer of this version of the KEYone, it wasn't the maker.

It's a wait and see, eh.

http://blackberrymobile.in/specifications/
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry KEYone India now taking orders-56888.jpg  
    WT44 likes this.
    08-01-17 04:52 AM
    India is part of asia pacific bands, and that includes ca and us.

However, look at your telco bands, cos the emea version may also work for you.

Bear in mind, the indian version may also go to brazil / south america, because optiemus was only an importer of this version of the KEYone, it wasn't the maker.

It's a wait and see, eh.

Specifications – black berry
    Thanks, but as a total knucklehead when it comes to stuff like this, those figures you mentioned don't make any sense to me. All I know that here where I live the T-Mobile network uses:

for 2G: 900MHz & 1800MHz,
    for 3G: 900MHz & 2100MHz,
    for 4G: 1800MHz.
    for 4G: 2600MHz.
    What does this say? Will that Indian device work in the EU with my provider?
    Better would o/c be that they would just release it globally in stead of me finding a way to import it. I already fear all the hassle when and if the screen would pop on that imported version....
    08-01-17 05:12 AM
    I'm a bit confused cos tmobile is US, isn't it? In which case you're version 1? (Or are you cdma?)

In any event, version 1, is for the US and also for india.

I'm not sure re your reference to europe, but that is version 2.
    08-01-17 05:29 AM
    I'm a bit confused cos tmobile is US, isn't it? In which case you're version 1? (Or are you cdma?)

In any event, version 1, is for the US and also for india.

I'm not sure re your reference to europe, but that is version 2.
    T-Mobile is a German provider but operating globally.
    They are the biggest or one of the biggest providers here in Germany and The Netherlands (Holland) where I am located. Hence the reference to EU. My Priv is STV100, so I guess it won't work if I would import it. Still don't understand how to read the figures of the stealth KeyOne you shared, compared to the 2/3/4g frequency bands that I shared.
    08-01-17 05:51 AM
    T-Mobile is a German provider but operating globally.
    They are the biggest or one of the biggest providers here in Germany and The Netherlands (Holland) where I am located. Hence the reference to EU. My Priv is STV100, so I guess it won't work if I would import it. Still don't understand how to read the figures of the stealth KeyOne you shared, compared to the 2/3/4g frequency bands that I shared.
    Ahhh, then you need to buy a EMEA version, europe, middle east, africa.

For the KEYone it's version 2. So, not the current version being sold in India.

(And I'm in Australia, lol)
    08-01-17 05:55 AM
    I think too dear for too many in india.

My thinking is sell it at a profit but less than other markets, and therefore sell a lot.

Apparently quite difficult to buy indian phones from outside of india, so cross country selling unlikely to be high, but internal selling advanced.

Shrug, we can differ in our opinions
    BlackBerry and Partners are here to make a profit managing all margin costs associated to produce a profit. It's a business.

India economy is expected to grow at 7.2% as forecasted by UBS. A thriving force in the world.

We all want lower prices for everything but economic scales sometimes hinder that desire.

Let's see how this new adventure goes.
    08-01-17 06:04 AM
    BlackBerry and Partners are here to make a profit managing all margin costs associated to produce a profit. It's a business.

India economy is expected to grow at 7.2% as forecasted by UBS. A thriving force in the world.

We all want lower prices for everything but economic scales sometimes hinder that desire.

Let's see how this new adventure goes.
    Yep, I said the same thing, but thought it would be better to sell for less rupee but sell far more units.

I'm letting the topic drop at this point 😀
    08-01-17 06:07 AM
    CrackBerry Kevin has cleared this saying first batch of limited edition Black were provided by TCL Re made in China but come September will be made in India.
    08-01-17 06:38 AM
    Does anyone know which bands are supported and does 4G work in Germany on Vodafone? Didn't find any specs..
    08-01-17 08:54 AM
    Does anyone know which bands are supported and does 4G work in Germany on Vodafone? Didn't find any specs..
    Germany is part of EMEA, which is version 2, and the same as the UK showing below.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry KEYone India now taking orders-56889.jpg  
    08-01-17 09:00 AM
    So that does mean yes I guess?
    08-01-17 09:03 AM
    So that does mean yes I guess?
    I live in Sydney, Australia, so I've helped you as much as I can 😀
    08-01-17 09:09 AM
    That would be good for me but bad for you. lol
    But according to several articles, they had listed Keyone in India at Rs. 39,999 ($625).
    If the Rs 21,000 is real, I'm assuming it's only for limited offer.
    For the record, Apple started manufacturing Iphone SE in India but sold at same price as the imported one.
    Fully correct. As stated that the initial price seemed unreal!
    08-01-17 09:27 AM
    Hi any more color on whether this will be available in US at any time?
    08-01-17 09:29 AM
    @ 39,999/- dual SIM, BB PKB, 4GB RAM and a BB.. already sold out
    Just waiting for it to appear on Amazon India.
    08-01-17 01:11 PM
    Mine is 44

Posted via CB10
    Going back to the original topic, anyone who ordered the Keyone for Rs. 21,000 still hopeful that we will get the device? I wonder if we can file some kind of complaint against this company who had advertised it.

I read from different thread that first batch of Keyone Black edition was manufactured by TCL. I guess by Sept, all the Keyone Black edition will be manufactured in India by Optiemus. My wishful self tells me maybe the Rs. 21,000 Keyone is cheap because Optiemus wants us to try out the Indian Keyone before the actual launch in Sept.
    Any chance?
    08-01-17 01:27 PM
323 ... 56789 ...