Do you think the design by Optiemus will be different from the original?
    It seems like the spec will be upgraded but the appearance should be same.
    The KEYone belongs to TCL, Optiemus did not design it, they are just assembling a slightly different version of it with parts supplied by TCL.
    07-30-17 09:34 AM
    Imo there must be some compromises, and personally I hope there are. It would be awfully unfair if a newer KEYone with better specs (even CPU!), is selling for $200 USD cheaper than in NA and with the same or better quality and overall manufacturing effort/resources. How in the world is that possible? Either that or the NA price is too high then.
    That would be good for me but bad for you. lol
    But according to several articles, they had listed Keyone in India at Rs. 39,999 ($625).
    If the Rs 21,000 is real, I'm assuming it's only for limited offer.
    For the record, Apple started manufacturing Iphone SE in India but sold at same price as the imported one.
    07-30-17 11:51 AM
    That would be good for me but bad for you. lol
    But according to several articles, they had listed Keyone in India at Rs. 39,999 ($625).
    If the Rs 21,000 is real, I'm assuming it's only for limited offer.
    For the record, Apple started manufacturing Iphone SE in India but sold at same price as the imported one.
    In any case it's quite an interesting development and we'll have to wait and see if anyone receives it for the actual 21k Rs.
    07-30-17 06:20 PM
    In any case it's quite an interesting development and we'll have to wait and see if anyone receives it for the actual 21k Rs.
    Yes, cos around the time I started the thread there were 43 (from memory) orders taken per site numbering.

We know at least one cb member in india ordered cos he posted here. 😀

So, let's see what happens ....
    07-30-17 06:25 PM
    Yes, cos around the time I started the thread there were 43 (from memory) orders taken per site numbering.

We know at least one cb member in india ordered cos he posted here. 😀

So, let's see what happens ....
    Mine is 44

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 09:03 PM
    Mine is 44

Posted via CB10
    Grand! 😎

Please let us know when you hear next from them.

As a by the way, what are india's consumer laws like if they come back to you and say they can't fulfil your order for some reason or other?
    07-30-17 09:06 PM
    Yes saw that price but find hard to believe it...when Amazon India is selling OG KEYone for more than double. let's see further news when officially launched.
    The one you see on amazon India right now is the imported version which is being sold in the UK. Which TCL manufactured under BlackBerryMobile.
    The one that will be launched in India will be manufactured in India by Optiemus under the name BlackBerry Mobile India (which isn't related to BlackBerryMobile or TCL)

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-30-17 09:08 PM
    Grand! 😎

Please let us know when you hear next from them.

As a by the way, what are india's consumer laws like if they come back to you and say they can't fulfil your order for some reason or other?
    Yes yes..sure...
    I am not really sure about the laws if that case happened. But ya...I also have the same thing in my head if they are going to ask me to pay more or say that orders cannot be fulfilled!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 09:20 PM
    Yes yes..sure...
    I am not really sure about the laws if that case happened. But ya...I also have the same thing in my head if they are going to ask me to pay more or say that orders cannot be fulfilled!

Posted via CB10
    If you need to prove that the site advertised then the screenshots can be found in this thread, eh. 😀
    07-30-17 09:27 PM
    If you need to prove that the site advertised then the screenshots can be found in this thread, eh. 😀
    Yes yes...I saw that before and I have made a note of it
    Thanks anyways!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 10:14 PM
    The one you see on amazon India right now is the imported version which is being sold in the UK. Which TCL manufactured under BlackBerryMobile.
    The one that will be launched in India will be manufactured in India by Optiemus under the name BlackBerry Mobile India (which isn't related to BlackBerryMobile or TCL)

Posted via CB10
    Again let's see when officially confirmed / launched and we have all the news. Overall great seeing KEYone entering India market.
    07-30-17 11:19 PM
    Again let's see when officially confirmed / launched and we have all the news. Overall great seeing KEYone entering India market.
    Undoubtedly. We should wait for the official release.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 11:20 PM
    If you need to prove that the site advertised then the screenshots can be found in this thread, eh. ������
    I'm #47 on the order. We all received order receipt by email but I guess there isn't much we can do if Optiemus decides to back out from their order...

The Imported Keyone is no longer listed on Amazon India. It was probably taken down for tomorrow's launch? The pricing was ridiculous ($900) anyway.
    07-30-17 11:49 PM
    I'm #47 on the order. We all received order receipt by email but I guess there isn't much we can do if Optiemus decides to back out from their order...

The Imported Keyone is no longer listed on Amazon India. It was probably taken down for tomorrow's launch? The pricing was ridiculous ($900) anyway.
    At that price is was a rip off in your market, eh.
    07-31-17 12:04 AM
    Optiemus has a license from BlackBerry to build and sell BlackBerry branded phones in India. A similar deal to the Indonesian one, except in this case it is clear Optiemus is assembling the TCL designed KEYone.
    Actually Optiemus itself has signed a deal with Wistron (OEM) a Taiwan based company to manufacture BlackBerry phones in India; which also manufacture IPhones.
    07-31-17 12:45 AM
    The KEYone belongs to TCL, Optiemus did not design it, they are just assembling a slightly different version of it with parts supplied by TCL.
    All other future phones will be designed and manufactured by Optiemus in partnership with Wistron (OEM) in India.
    07-31-17 12:47 AM
    All other future phones will be designed and manufactured by Optiemus in partnership with Wistron (OEM) in India.
    I wondered about that. I guess it's a wait and see if BlackBerry licenses another design to their licensees.

I suppose the licensee would have to ask BlackBerry to do the design. (Shrug)

Are you connected with optiemus?
    07-31-17 01:11 AM
    I wondered about that. I guess it's a wait and see if BlackBerry licenses another design to their licensees.

Haha ; no I'm just a fan like you .
    anon(3641385), Sigewif and drmanik like this.
    07-31-17 01:15 AM

Another query, is it usual to buy a phone cash on delivery, (COD), in india?

And I note that that was the only method offered at the time.

(It would be considered unusual to buy a phone COD here in Australia)
    07-31-17 01:50 AM
    Another query, is it usual to buy a phone cash on delivery, (COD), in india?

And I note that that was the only method offered at the time.

(It would be considered unusual to buy a phone COD here in Australia)
    Yes. It's common practice in India.
    But not all items on Amazon India are eligible for COD and not available for order above Rs. 30,000.
    07-31-17 02:05 AM
    I read that Optiemus contracted out the manufacturing to Wistron, Taiwanese company in India that manufactures Iphone in India. Now I'm starting to wonder the actual role of Optiemus...
    Optimums is more of a reseller or distributor.... they never were a manufacturing company.
    07-31-17 09:47 AM

Does BlackBerry have any other design to license to its licensees?
    I think Mercury was their last

Posted via CB10
    07-31-17 10:14 AM
    Apparently a few people missed the memo from BlackBerry last fall telling the world that they are now a software only company.
    07-31-17 09:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think the question is will BlackBerry design on request, and would its licensees be interested ...
    07-31-17 09:00 PM
    I expect that just like with the KEYone design from TCL, Optiemus, will not actually design any phones except for choosing an option or two from an existing design.
    07-31-17 09:15 PM
323 ... 23456 ...