Hey guys,

Does k1 comes with paratek antenna like passport, z30, or q10? I love paratek antenna!
    sfor13thlegion likes this.
    02-27-17 04:15 AM
    Hey guys,

Does k1 comes with paratek antenna like passport, z30, or q10? I love paratek antenna!
    Unfortunately not. BlackBerry would charge extra for that.
    02-27-17 04:22 AM
    So disappointed thanks for letting me know.
    02-27-17 11:33 AM
    Hey guys,

I thought only Z30 has that tech. But it would be amazing to have it on Keyone.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    02-27-17 02:10 PM
    Is there any official mention of the KEYone paratek antenna?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 02:14 PM
    I was wondering this too. Can anyone confirm that there is or is not Paratek?

Can anyone with hands-on time with KEYone comment on reception?
    02-27-17 03:26 PM
    I was wondering this too. Can anyone confirm that there is or is not Paratek?

Can anyone with hands-on time with KEYone comment on reception?
    I don't think the K1 has the Paratek antenna built in to it. The latest BlackBerry with Paratek is the PRIV, since then there is none..
    02-27-17 04:53 PM
    Is paratek antenna still a thing? All phones seem to have great reception now, aren't they?
    02-27-17 05:57 PM
    If it was designed by BlackBerry, one would assume they packed in a 'Paratek' antenna, regardless of who built it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 06:45 PM
    If it was designed by BlackBerry, one would assume they packed in a 'Paratek' antenna, regardless of who built it.

Posted via CB10
    I hope so but somehow BlackBerry or TCL mentioned anything about it.
    02-28-17 07:56 PM
    They already are charging extra for the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 05:39 AM
    I don't recall the BB devices with this antenna being any better with reception and call quality or at least to notice the difference
    03-01-17 11:15 AM
    As per the PcMag article, BlackBerry themselves haven't confirmed nor denied it

http://www.pcmag.com/news/351982/han...becomes-keyone
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Keyone has paratek antenna?-41419.jpg  
    03-01-17 11:48 AM
    So no confirmation on paratek antenna yet?
    03-14-17 02:48 PM
    If this Paratek Antenna is also in the Classic then I will be glad if KEYone DOESN'T have it.
    03-14-17 05:04 PM
    If this Paratek Antenna is also in the Classic then I will be glad if KEYone DOESN'T have it.
    What do you mean? Paratek antenna is BlackBerry technology that actually perform better than other antenna!
    03-14-17 07:54 PM
    What do you mean? Paratek antenna is BlackBerry technology that actually perform better than other antenna!
    I mean that reception has been the biggest issue I have faced with my Classic. I even exchanged my first Classic for a new one thinking I got a lemon. It's been the worst since the bad old days of analog. I even got a cell booster for my house. If that's a Paratek antenna, no thanks.
    03-14-17 08:07 PM
    I mean that reception has been the biggest issue I have faced with my Classic. I even exchanged my first Classic for a new one thinking I got a lemon. It's been the worst since the bad old days of analog. I even got a cell booster for my house. If that's a Paratek antenna, no thanks.
    Can't say I've had that experience and I've had two separate classics at one point to use daily.

I have no idea if the classic has this, you assume so and not had issues with reception. I'd like to think if it was to TCL's benefit to have access to this to avoid licensing other tech elsewhere for more.. if that's a thing.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 08:56 PM
    I don't believe it makes much a difference. I don't think my DTEK60 has one, and my reception is great in my region. (Bell). However, i generally noticed the BB10 devices had the slight edge when it came to reception over the Android devices. The gage i use is the tunnel i drive under every day. My PRIV would drop a call where my passport would not. My DTEK60 is actually better than my priv, which i think had the paratek, correct me if I'm wrong. Moral of the story , i don't notice much of a real world difference today!
    03-14-17 09:16 PM
    Antennas have come farther than when paratek was bought out. All that matters is that you're getting the latest technologies
    Uzi and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    03-15-17 01:28 AM
    I don't believe it makes much a difference. I don't think my DTEK60 has one, and my reception is great in my region. (Bell). However, i generally noticed the BB10 devices had the slight edge when it came to reception over the Android devices. The gage i use is the tunnel i drive under every day. My PRIV would drop a call where my passport would not. My DTEK60 is actually better than my priv, which i think had the paratek, correct me if I'm wrong. Moral of the story , i don't notice much of a real world difference today!
    I do something similar. Slightly different results...

There is one deadspot on my way to and from work. My iPhone always dropped a call in the same spot without fail. Passport SE - never. Priv - Never. Dtek60 - sometimes.

I agree though. In most scenarios you don't notice the difference. But there is something to be said about BB10 devices getting a little bit better cell reception. Would love if that was carried over to the KEYone. I guess only using it will tell.
    03-15-17 06:21 AM
    Is paratek antenna still a thing? All phones seem to have great reception now, aren't they?
    not really. S7 edge Reception issue - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
    many more... especially, when you have wifi, nfc, 3g 4g lte all on at same time.
    03-15-17 09:20 AM
    I thought only Z30 has that tech. But it would be amazing to have it on Keyone.
    Passport has it.

Posted via CB10
    yuvaraki and sfor13thlegion like this.
    03-15-17 02:31 PM
    Few post has been deleted , stay on topic please!
    03-15-17 11:17 PM
    I was wondering this as well.

I go to NYC and take the Lincoln Tunnel every day during my commute. People I sit with don't seem to have an internet connection after we enter it but mine is chugging along nicely and still working on my Z30.

Now, that could be the wireless network I'm on because the other people I have asked are not on VZW, but I don't know... I still think there will be nothing like the Z30 and BBX OS ever again... SAD FACE DAG NABBIT!
    04-12-17 07:55 AM
49 12