I have a BlackBerry KEYone but all of a sudden Google Play Store has stopped working. I cannot update any of my apps and I cannot download any new apps. The circle just keeps spinning indefinitely. I signed out of my Google account and back in, I have uninstalled previous updates of Play Store, I have cleared cache but still it doesn't work. I had to factory reset my BB after which it worked for a while, but now all of a sudden I have the same problem again
    07-18-19 02:25 AM
    I had to factory reset my BB after which it worked for a while, but now all of a sudden I have the same problem again
    Looks like you might be doing that again.
    07-18-19 08:28 AM
    Looks like you might be doing that again.
    What's the root cause? My older DTEK50 has no issues nor does my old Samsung Tab Pro, my Fire HD 8 with Google Play Store, nor my S9. My BE KeyOne updates on GPS but it is damn slow. All mentioned above are on the same Wi-Fi so it has something to do with the software and or build.
    07-18-19 03:08 PM
    What's the root cause? My older DTEK50 has no issues nor does my old Samsung Tab Pro, my Fire HD 8 with Google Play Store, nor my S9. My BE KeyOne updates on GPS but it is damn slow. All mentioned above are on the same Wi-Fi so it has something to do with the software and or build.
    I've had similar problems on both my KEYones in the past and recently. I believe it's Android problem not device related. I've found that it seems to correct itself by switching to airplane mode on and off, then update apps individually by clicking each update toggle instead of update all. They can be started without individually waiting for each app to download. This is both Wi-Fi and OTA for me.
    07-18-19 03:27 PM
    I've had similar problems on both my KEYones in the past and recently. I believe it's Android problem not device related. I've found that it seems to correct itself by switching to airplane mode on and off, then update apps individually by clicking each update toggle instead of update all. They can be started without individually waiting for each app to download. This is both Wi-Fi and OTA for me.
    It's not delayed or slow on any of my other Android devices so I don't believe it's Android. Other than this slow update process of apps through GPS I have not experienced any issues with my BE. I am thinking this is a Blackberry software or app issue that affects the GPS updates?? I have deleted cache from both play store and Google Play Services. That's not something I have to do on any other device I own and use.
    07-18-19 03:40 PM
    It's not delayed or slow on any of my other Android devices so I don't believe it's Android. Other than this slow update process of apps through GPS I have not experienced any issues with my BE. I am thinking this is a Blackberry software or app issue that affects the GPS updates?? I have deleted cache from both play store and Google Play Services. That's not something I have to do on any other device I own and use.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ogle-play.html
    07-18-19 05:04 PM
    My wife, son and me have S9's since April of '18. None have ever exhibited slow app updates through Google Play Store. It's weird because my DTEK50 on WiFi and Android 6.1 has not had issue or delays as my BE KeyOne. The apps eventually upload but every so often it's painfully slow as you are aware. I did a 32 second reboot and that kicked things off like usual.
    07-18-19 05:24 PM
    I read through the AC article. perhaps it is Android and the Google Servers. It's just odd as my S9 and other devices have been immune to the slow updates. My Fire HD 8 is the least spec'd device I own and GPS was side loaded and still no slow downs. 🤔
    07-18-19 05:33 PM
    I read through the AC article. perhaps it is Android and the Google Servers. It's just odd as my S9 and other devices have been immune to the slow updates. My Fire HD 8 is the least spec'd device I own and GPS was side loaded and still no slow downs. 🤔
    Same as last year, it eventually gets fixed but wasn't ever really acknowledged that I'm aware of.
    07-18-19 05:59 PM
    having the same problem after oreo update, or rather a downgrade..
    07-19-19 02:07 AM
    That could help:

1. set KEYᵒⁿᵉ system clock from automatic to manual
    2. wate a minute
    3. stop Playstore and clear cache
    4. restart Playstore

Download should work again.

Set system clock back to automatic mode.
    07-19-19 03:53 AM
    I have this regularly. At least in my experience, there seems to be no discernible pattern to it. I just keep trying, usually throughout the day, and it will eventually do its thing. That said, what I have noticed now and again is that when updates don't seem to work Playstore starts to download 'play libraries'. When finished order is restored.
    07-19-19 06:54 AM
    and incredible annoying... clearing the cash in Play Store and place services does not accomplish the deed... What I did was to disable the Play Store so it would reinstall the original and wait for it to read populated. it's working now... one significant warning is the fact that I have 9 different applications from blackberry disabled for updates so that I can have the BlackBerry hub working the way it was including messages and phone calls and also not have all of the fun inspired bass wasting headers at the top of all of the associated applications. I also have blackberry keyboard update disabled so that I don't have to be restricted to two languages... Everything is now working fine but it requires this enabling the auto update for each of those applications when the Google Play Store is Rihanna bolts... Caution...
    07-19-19 07:54 AM