Freedom has no sign of any blackberry on their website, support said they might be or might not be. #dontknow #doesnthelp #goodgrief

Love my PPSE - trade it for KeyOne?
    04-08-17 02:41 PM
    Freedom has no sign of any blackberry on their website, support said they might be or might not be. #dontknow #doesnthelp #goodgrief

No BlackBerry has band 66, so it won't get LTE with Freedom. If they're banking on LTE it wouldn't make sense to them to offer a phone that doesn't work with their implementation.
    th.1977 and anon(870071) like this.
    04-08-17 02:43 PM
    Maybe. Nobody really knows much do we?
    Exactly. Just because Canadian carriers have publicly committed to the KEYone does not mean they'll get it quicker than anyone else.
    04-08-17 02:44 PM
    I asked BB today for plans on band 66 and they just put up a wall, isn't this band going to be supported by other manufacturers this year?

04-08-17 03:33 PM
    I asked BB today for plans on band 66 and they just put up a wall, isn't this band going to be supported by other manufacturers this year?

Maybe when T-Mobile gets their band 66 network up and running. Not even Apple is bothering with it yet.
    04-08-17 04:38 PM

People at kiosk don't know a thing. They are not to be taken as a credible source of information.

Posted via CB10 with my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.3.2205.
    Yep. Any retail kiosk people suck.
    04-08-17 05:36 PM
    Not betting on Koodo carrying it, I will likely have to buy unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    Koodo has totally abandoned BB, their service app doesn't even work on BB10.

Accordingly Koodo is about to be abandoned...
    04-10-17 10:56 AM
    This is the furthest thing from the truth haha. Mostly everything is late coming to Canada. We don't even have android pay yet!! And there's many american breakfast cereals that I love that aren't even in Canada, lol!
    But we do have american-like breakfast cereals. What we don't have is european cereals.
    04-10-17 10:59 AM

Who bothers with freedom ?
    04-10-17 02:47 PM
    Who bothers with freedom ?
    Lol, too funny. Hmmm that's my $39 per month plan and everyone else's for $80?
    04-10-17 05:54 PM
    Exactly! They were a close second when I got a plan a few years back. What made me go with Koodo was the $20 unlimited UK calls add-on.

Anyone know if any of the big 3 have a deal anything like that? I know Rogers has something that gives really cheap rates internationally.

04-11-17 10:35 AM
    Firstly , I would never pay for a service that has spotty connection + slow speeds + barely any Lte bands.

I paid 27$ a month on my business plan for 4gbs

62 on my personal for 8gbs , so yeah not worried at all about freedom because no point if you can't even get a good connection.
    04-11-17 12:02 PM
    Firstly , I would never pay for a service that has spotty connection + slow speeds + barely any Lte bands.

I paid 27$ a month on my business plan for 4gbs

62 on my personal for 8gbs , so yeah not worried at all about freedom because no point if you can't even get a good connection.
    Cannot compare business pricing versus personal usage however I don't disagree that in some parts of Canada coverage isn't the best. I am in Alberta and have very little to complain about. 15mb download speeds and good connections. Happy to pay for what I get. If it was poor I would be gone for sure
    04-11-17 12:37 PM
    Freedom is fine. Yeah their connection is spotty, but it works well enough.

I quit (just before they became freedom) because their customer service is atrocious. That's the one cardinal sin.

Anyway, if Telus has it, but not Koodo, you can just buy from Telus via their website, and use it on Koodo without unlocking.

You will have to unlock it to use on other carriers though, i usually do it online for around 30 bucks or so.
    04-11-17 12:55 PM
    Wind is fine until you leave civilization, but good to see it works in Alberta too

Cannot compare business pricing versus personal usage however I don't disagree that in some parts of Canada coverage isn't the best. I am in Alberta and have very little to complain about. 15mb download speeds and good connections. Happy to pay for what I get. If it was poor I would be gone for sure
    04-11-17 01:03 PM
    This will be a workphone upgrade, replacing my Z30- my upgrade is due on Rogers already. Just waiting for the KeyOne to land...

I'll be cancelling my personal line though, have some economies to make, and as Koodo doesn't even carry BB anymore and their tab plan has been savaged (which is frustrating as I have over $100 credit on the old system). I do like the UK calls add-on though.

Freedom is fine. Yeah their connection is spotty, but it works well enough.

I quit (just before they became freedom) because their customer service is atrocious. That's the one cardinal sin.

Anyway, if Telus has it, but not Koodo, you can just buy from Telus via their website, and use it on Koodo without unlocking.

You will have to unlock it to use on other carriers though, i usually do it online for around 30 bucks or so.
    04-11-17 01:06 PM
    That's a good price for calls to UK, monthly add on or?

04-11-17 05:56 PM
    It's an add-on. Perfect for kids to talk to their grandma at weekends.

That's a good price for calls to UK, monthly add on or?

04-12-17 12:49 PM
    I am looking atthe Ontario govt / teacher plan. Anyone know the price on that? is it $200 still?
    04-27-17 09:58 PM
    Dam and blast Freedom /Wind for not carrying. I will have to wait now to see where I can get one. I pregistered so I believe I will get an email telling what I can do. Blackberrymobile facebook page said so

04-27-17 10:01 PM
    Any thoughts on who might be carrying the Keyone in Canada.
    Talked to a Telus rep today and she said they were likely not carrying it.
    I'm guessing she has no real info to back that up.
    I think also there's huge anticipation for off contract pricing!? And whether big box stores like Best Buy will sell you one despite their long time record of NOT selling devices off contract. Forcing you to upgrade or a new line activation. Lastly, what is the retail off contract pricing?
    04-29-17 01:31 PM
    I think also there's huge anticipation for off contract pricing!? And whether big box stores like Best Buy will sell you one despite their long time record of NOT selling devices off contract. Forcing you to upgrade or a new line activation. Lastly, what is the retail off contract pricing?
    More likely Staples would have it since they still have the DTEK50 in stores (but not the higher priced 60.) BestBuy does sell unlocked phones, but they are the lower cost ones.
    04-29-17 01:47 PM
    Agreed and that's why I stick with Rogers Wireless. coverage and speed, it's all there with RW.
    04-30-17 04:23 AM
48 12