Considering other things that contribute to the overall usage of the device, Physical Keyboard, sturdy build quality, and awesome battery, I'd take the KeyOne any time of the day.

The camera may not be the best, but it does what I need it to. I hope we get a camera update to improve it as it still has the same sensor in the Pixel so there is room for improvement, or so I hope

knightfall likes this.
    06-05-17 05:53 AM
    I snicker at all the bad camera review / info I have read out on the interests. I get great pocs and vid quality and have not seen any reason to expect it to only get better with software tweaks going forward. The K1 is a great device
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    06-05-17 06:09 AM
    I snicker at all the bad camera review / info I have read out on the interests. I get great pocs and vid quality and have not seen any reason to expect it to only get better with software tweaks going forward. The K1 is a great device
    indeed, very true. what more does one want from a camera really? it takes awesome pics especially considering the price of the device.
    06-05-17 07:28 AM
    indeed, very true. what more does one want from a camera really? it takes awesome pics especially considering the price of the device.
    It's overpriced in some markets
    06-05-17 07:58 AM
    Is there no camera app to improve quality of picture taking?
    06-05-17 08:05 AM
    I've found that focusing in a medium light setting (indoors using ample sunlight through windows) is pretty poor. I had retake a photo multiple times to get it right.

Outdoors during the day is pretty great.

Low light is pretty poor.

No picture in no light. (hah)
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    06-05-17 11:25 AM
    This is disappointing because KEYone and pixel are using same sensor and pixel is much better.
    06-05-17 11:48 AM
    Must be the app then and can be improved.
    06-05-17 11:49 AM
    I downloaded the Google Camera apk that was modified for use on any android device (Oct 2016), but it won't install on my KEYone, unfortunately.

Has anyone tried other software? like "Open Camera" on the play store yet? I am curious to try it, but hadn't had the time to do it.
    06-05-17 02:54 PM
    Must be the app then and can be improved.
    Yeah it's software side. I'm sure with future updates it'll get better.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-05-17 02:58 PM
    Yeah, let's hope update will fix camera same as it did for Passport. All my photos seems too dark to me and out of focus a bit. It's OK for my use but
    06-06-17 01:13 AM
    This is disappointing because KEYone and pixel are using same sensor and pixel is much better.
    It's cause of pixels software optimization
    06-06-17 01:33 AM
    Yeah it's software side. I'm sure with future updates it'll get better.
    Lol. What updates?
    06-06-17 01:47 AM
    Lol. What updates?
    Well, hopefully it will get updates like the PRIV did over a period of time after the PRIV was released.
    Another factor is learning how to use it and also making use of the editing tools.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    06-06-17 02:10 AM
    What are the odds they will significantly improve the camera quality when the device isn't targeting that user group and BB has never been good at it...
    06-06-17 02:22 AM
    What are the odds they will significantly improve the camera quality when the device isn't targeting that user group and BB has never been good at it...
    Very good. BlackBerry has now recognized the importance of Camera performance even in its target market with the K1.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 07:06 AM
    Especially if you market that phone as having the best camera ever, AND share the same sensor as the Google Pixel.

There's no excuse for it to be as bad as it is.
    06-06-17 10:25 AM
    It's lacking in low light. But I didn't buy it for the camera. I never really cared much about highest quality photos. Just an observation compared to my S7
    06-06-17 10:29 AM
    Very good. BlackBerry has now recognized the importance of Camera performance even in its target market with the K1.

Posted via CB10
    If you say so... History says otherwise. If the camera was so important they probably would have opted for OIS or a SoC with better image processing capabilities, which they did not.

The K1 early adopters get to be the testers to see if they drastically improve the camera. Good luck.
    06-06-17 10:30 AM
    It takes a modicum of effort to take a good picture. I think these camera specs give people prepared to give a little effort in framing, considering lighting, exposure, and subject a much better chance of producing good results.
    06-06-17 11:01 AM
    I look forward to trying it later today
    06-06-17 11:02 AM
    It's overpriced in some markets
    Compared to other phones with Keyboards that have excellent battery life, great camera, and BlackBerry software?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 11:33 AM
    Compared to other phones with Keyboards that have excellent battery life, great camera, and BlackBerry software?

Posted via CB10
    So are you one of those folks who thought the PRIV was justified at $799 cad before taxes just because it was the only one of its kind?

Lots of people on Cb kept justifying the Privs price...then John chen himself said it was overpriced a year later...

Just saying!

$729 cad is very steep in my opinion
    06-06-17 11:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    Other than the physical keyboard you can get equal battery life, a much better camera and still load the BB apps...
    06-06-17 11:42 AM
    So are you one of those folks who thought the PRIV was justified at $799 cad before taxes just because it was the only one of its kind?

Lots of people on Cb kept justifying the Privs price...then John chen himself said it was overpriced a year later...

Just saying!

$729 cad is very steep in my opinion
    Looking back yes the Priv was definitely overpriced.
    06-06-17 01:48 PM
29 12