I saw a Blackberry keyone Verizon unlocked phone for sale and wanted to see if anyone had any luck using one with Straight Talk. They support GSM And CDMA carriers such as Verizon/Sprint. Thanks in advance!
    Egonzalez1978 likes this.
    08-11-18 01:16 PM
    Straight talks BYOD kit comes with 4 sim cards. Blue red yellow and purple. They represent AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and Tmobile respectively. If you have the CDMA Keyone, then yes the Verizon sim is your best bet.

Posted via CB10
    vanillatwin likes this.
    08-11-18 03:44 PM
    Thx so much! I talked w/ Best Buy and they said it should work as long as I didn't activate with verizon but then Straight Talk said the BB Keyone GSM unlocked phone would work but the Verizon Unlocked one wouldn't but never explained why, so my confidence it what ST says isn't good since they also said my BB Classic would never work and have been using it on Straight Talk for 2 yrs.
    08-11-18 04:42 PM
    I saw a Blackberry keyone Verizon unlocked phone for sale and wanted to see if anyone had any luck using one with Straight Talk. They support GSM And CDMA carriers such as Verizon/Sprint. Thanks in advance!
    Make sure you get the Verizon network Sim.
    vanillatwin likes this.
    08-11-18 04:56 PM
    Thanks so much for input and I ended up purchasing the BB K1 phone (Verizon Unlocked) and have been successfully using it on ST. The only issue I have been having is no Voicemail notification when someone leaves me a VM. Straight talk claims that it is due to Verizon switching to Visual Voicemail but my husband has a Moto G5 plus that is Verizon unlocked that is being used on ST and works just fine.
    bibbula likes this.
    10-13-18 04:47 PM
    Finally got issue solved it was on ST's end. They had new HD VM that no longer had the notification (how that's an upgrade I have no idea) but after switching me back to the old version on their end and restarted phone I had someone call and leave a VM and it now notifies me with icon in top left corner.
    FF22 and bibbula like this.
    10-15-18 10:05 PM