I found this to be a good read. As per WindowsCentral.com

https://www.windowscentral.com/offic...ckberry-keyone
    Uzi, Tim-ANC and anon(10250369) like this.
    06-06-17 10:16 AM
    I found this to be a good read. As per WindowsCentral.com

https://www.windowscentral.com/offic...ckberry-keyone
    Thank you for the link. I have heard the Office androids apps work very well. I look forward to trying them. And I also own WM10 phone.
    Geselskap likes this.
    06-06-17 10:27 AM
    That was a good read
    06-06-17 10:48 AM
    Quotes I want to highlight:

"Microsoft used to say its mobile software would always be best on Windows phones, but that's just not the case anymore. The BlackBerry KEYone is a perfect example of why."

"Despite advancements in touchscreen technology, shape writing algorithms and predictive messaging, touch screen typing still totally sucks. It's designed for quick messaging scenarios, rather than long drawn-out sessions of word processing. While shape-writing systems like Word Flow on Windows 10 Mobile have helped improve the situation, at least in English (UK), my Lumia 950 XL still makes far too many grammatical mistakes while shape writing, selecting completely irrelevant words and adding capital letters where they're not wanted."

"The keyboard on the BlackBerry KEYone rocks some unique features that make word processing on mobile, dare I say, a pleasant experience. Combine that with Microsoft Office on Android and you have a winning combination."

"Simply put, all of the KEYone's features coalesce to make Word, OneNote and Excel incredibly easy to use on mobile. Combine that with crazy battery life, the fingerprint scanner, and customizable keyboard shortcuts and the BlackBerry KEYone emerges as a mobile productivity powerhouse.

I wish there was a similar QWERTY option for Windows 10 Mobile."

"The BlackBerry KEYone is arguably the best way to use Office on the go right now. For quick commutes, it beats whipping out a tablet, laptop, or 2-in-1 PC, and it doesn't ask you to suffer docks or extra cables for that Continuum experience. "

"However, the KEYone's keyboard and battery are simply unbeatable for Office on the go. If you're a Microsoft Office fan and frequent commuter, you have to consider this device."
    06-06-17 10:48 AM
    "The keyboard on the BlackBerry KEYone rocks some unique features that make word processing on mobile, dare I say, a pleasant experience. Combine that with Microsoft Office on Android and you have a winning combination."

That is my favorite. I used a Lumia 950XL for 2 months then reverted back to my Passport mostly because of the PKB.
    06-06-17 11:25 AM
    You posted something positive. How dare you!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 11:38 AM
    I can confirm. left my laptop at home yesterday, was stuck using Onedrive and Word for an hour on Keyone. Used up 8% battery with the screen on the whole time, no overheating, no lags.

That would have killed my Priv and been unusable.
    06-06-17 12:31 PM
    If only office wasn't subscription based now.
    06-06-17 12:37 PM
    What is the cost for a private user?
    06-06-17 01:45 PM
    What is the cost for a private user?
    $6.99 a month or $69.99 for the year.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=ridGc8UZ
    06-06-17 01:55 PM
    Assuming USD, not bad for a private user who has a need for it. MS Office is a powerful tool and standard world wide.
    06-06-17 02:02 PM
    Yes, sometimes we have to pay to have nice things. But, with the included 1TB of cloud storage, Office 365 personal is a bargain.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and jmr1015 like this.
    06-06-17 02:05 PM
    Assuming USD, not bad for a private user who has a need for it. MS Office is a powerful tool and standard world wide.
    Indeed, that was in USD.
    06-06-17 02:06 PM
    I have very much been enjoying Office on my KEYone. It has been shockingly good. I have even enjoyed SSH'ing briefly to check into a server with a free SSH client. Love the KEYone so far.
    06-06-17 02:16 PM
    I use office 365 on my KO and I can agree this is a great pairing!
    06-06-17 02:45 PM
    The way that I use my office suite, Office 365 doesn't work for me. I use one PC, one tablet, and one cell phone without cloud services.

Considering I bought Office 2010 for 200 bucks in 2010 and 7 years later it's still 200 bucks, I do not consider 70 dollars a year a steal which would bring Office 365 up to 490 dollars. It would be similar if I bought a one-time 2016 suite for $230.

Sure I would have publisher, access, Skydrive space, and outlook, but I would never use them.

Office 2010 is 'supported' until 2020, which means... what does that mean? How much support does a processor need? Is the dictionary going to change? Are the little buttons going to look cooler? I mean I could still get by with Lotus Notes if I had to on my old IBM. By the time the next version's out, the one time cost is much lower than a subscription.

But my major gripe, and this is where MS loses it's money from me, is that if you want it on your tablet or phone you NEED 365 . I would buy it two more times at a slightly lower cost, but they don't do that.
    06-06-17 06:18 PM
    The way that I use my office suite, Office 365 doesn't work for me. I use one PC, one tablet, and one cell phone without cloud services.

Considering I bought Office 2010 for 200 bucks in 2010 and 7 years later it's still 200 bucks, I do not consider 70 dollars a year a steal which would bring Office 365 up to 490 dollars. It would be similar if I bought a one-time 2016 suite for $230.

Sure I would have publisher, access, Skydrive space, and outlook, but I would never use them.

Office 2010 is 'supported' until 2020, which means... what does that mean? How much support does a processor need? Is the dictionary going to change? Are the little buttons going to look cooler? I mean I could still get by with Lotus Notes if I had to on my old IBM. By the time the next version's out, the one time cost is much lower than a subscription.

But my major gripe, and this is where MS loses it's money from me, is that if you want it on your tablet or phone you NEED 365 . I would buy it two more times at a slightly lower cost, but they don't do that.
    $490? I have O365 for 5 devices for $143/yr. 1TB onedrive and 50GB outlook.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you are pricing that over 7 years.
    06-06-17 06:24 PM
    Would Office 365 (and other office suites) be considered a main productivity tool by those using the KEYone? Are there other alternatives to Office 365 that have been found to work really well with the KEYone?
    06-07-17 04:09 AM

If you really don't need the cloud, then you can continue to buy the "traditional" stand-alone software whenever you need to upgrade. Personally, I find the improvements made since Office 2010 to be easily worth the stand-alone upgrade price, but I'm a power user.

Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-07-17 07:21 AM
    If you really don't need the cloud, then you can continue to buy the "traditional" stand-alone software whenever you need to upgrade. Personally, I find the improvements made since Office 2010 to be easily worth the stand-alone upgrade price, but I'm a power user.

I'm aware of this, but my real concern is that you need 365 if you want it on your phone. I wish there was a standalone for the cell phone and tablet as well.
    06-07-17 09:28 AM

I'm aware of this, but my real concern is that you need 365 if you want it on your phone. I wish there was a standalone for the cell phone and tablet as well.
    06-07-17 09:28 AM
    Do the free versions of MS Office for smartphones and tablets smaller than 10.1 inches not work for you?

06-07-17 10:03 AM
    Never had the option as my BlackBerrys don't support it and my iPad Pro is 12+ inches. I didn't realize they were free for phones. Thanks for the information.
    06-07-17 11:29 AM
    Never had the option as my BlackBerrys don't support it and my iPad Pro is 12+ inches. I didn't realize they were free for phones. Thanks for the information.
    You're welcome. I'm very impressed with Microsoft's current line up of products and with their cloud-based model, but I also appreciate the value of a dollar saved for someone who doesn't need the auto-syncing, cloud storage, continuous upgrades and other features of Office 365.

06-07-17 11:33 AM
    Good read! I love how much Jez loves the KEYone.

It's been fun to see a lot of Mobile Nations employees/contributors/etc. outside of CrackBerry pick up the KEYone now as their daily driver. That hasn't happened in FOREVER (or maybe ever).
    Geselskap likes this.
    06-08-17 12:37 AM
27 12