When you come from an ad free experience on BB10 it's the annoying. And I really don't give a damn if they need it for a revenue stream for their business they don't pay me to view these ads so what's in it for me?
    07-09-17 09:13 AM
    When you come from an ad free experience on BB10 it's the annoying. And I really don't give a damn if they need it for a revenue stream for their business they don't pay me to view these ads so what's in it for me?
    What's in it for you? The ability to use the software without sending money. Developers don't work for free.
    07-09-17 09:15 AM
    EMTEK licences BBM from BlackBerry, so it is EMTEK (not BlackBerry) that is charging 99cents a month for ad-free on Android.
    Doesn't matter who.....in the end BlackBerry gets it again.
    07-09-17 09:34 AM
    Doesn't matter who.....in the end BlackBerry gets it again.
    Honestly I think BlackBerry licenced BBM for a song. They really want out of the consumer space. Even BlackBerry Android has only three business clients going forward.
    07-09-17 09:37 AM
    What's in it for you? The ability to use the software without sending money. Developers don't work for free.
    Then I guess it's fortunate for me I also use what's app which also cost me nothing and is an ad free experience.
    07-09-17 09:38 AM
    Honestly I think BlackBerry licenced BBM for a song. They really want out of the consumer space. Even BlackBerry Android has only three business clients going forward.
    agreed with that, but there are many users who do both (corporate) and consumer. It will give BB a bad name, not that it needs any help.
    07-09-17 09:41 AM
    Then I guess it's fortunate for me I also use what's app which also cost me nothing and is an ad free experience.
    WhatsApp harvests your contact list and location information and provides that to Facebook. They are also working on adding local businesses to your contact list.

Nothing is free.
    07-09-17 09:48 AM
    I'm using an android phone that ain't nothing compared to what Google is doing not really an issue.....
    07-09-17 10:38 AM
    I'm using an android phone that ain't nothing compared to what Google is doing not really an issue.....
    And that's fine. Just understand that you are still paying for it - just in another way. NOTHING is free.
    07-09-17 10:43 AM
    What about the Facebook ads you see in your news feed? lol
    07-09-17 10:51 AM
    EMTEK licences BBM from BlackBerry, so it is EMTEK (not BlackBerry) that is charging 99cents a month for ad-free on Android.
    Serious? Another reason to get away from BlackBerry after my Passport dies.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 10:52 AM
    Serious? Another reason to get away from BlackBerry after my Passport dies.

Posted via CB10
    At least they're actually developing the software now.
    07-09-17 10:53 AM
    At least they're actually developing the software now.
    Just when I thought things were bad enough already, you are giving me another hit.

Back to Day 1 when I started using BlackBerry, a 9500, I was really impressed with BBM, for I have been such a controlhoic, and I really love to see that D becoming R and know for sure that my message has been read by the person or the people that I care.

I hate to say so, but I am not sure I like the way BBM is going. I know every other IM is doing the same, but I really prefer the days when BBM was a symbol of BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-17 10:59 AM
    You people are either ignorant or you're not reading the thread. BBM is licensed to EMTEK and is all handled overseas. The decision to put ads in it is their choice not BlackBerry's. They're not even intrusive so it's pretty pathetic you're all whining over it. Do you have nothing going on in your life that a tiny banner ad is something you spazz over? Must be nice if that's all you have to worry about.
    It's just that I, and lots of other folks, don't care about licensing. It's still branded as BBM aka blackberry messenger. It's not Emtek messenger.

So, if I'd use the messenger, I'd say it's crap and that BB is a POS company for charging money for BBM on their device. I also don't care who builds their phones.

It's not my problem who they use for what. I only care about the experience with the brand.
    07-09-17 11:37 AM
    You people are either ignorant or you're not reading the thread. BBM is licensed to EMTEK and is all handled overseas. The decision to put ads in it is their choice not BlackBerry's. They're not even intrusive so it's pretty pathetic you're all whining over it. Do you have nothing going on in your life that a tiny banner ad is something you spazz over? Must be nice if that's all you have to worry about.
    Yes we know brilliant one. If you read previous posts we went over that.

Think you need a glass of wine
    07-09-17 11:53 AM
    It's just that I, and lots of other folks, don't care about licensing. It's still branded as BBM aka blackberry messenger. It's not Emtek messenger.

So, if I'd use the messenger, I'd say it's crap and that BB is a POS company for charging money for BBM on their device. I also don't care who builds their phones.

It's not my problem who they use for what. I only care about the experience with the brand.
    That's all well and good, but if you're actually trying to solve a problem, then you have to know who to contact and who to blame.
    07-09-17 12:00 PM
    Just to change gears a bit - do the ads streaming into the device consume more RAM or battery than the old BBM? Maybe it's me but BBM seems to use more resources than I recall on OS10 devices.
    07-09-17 12:02 PM
    Just to change gears a bit - do the ads streaming into the device consume more RAM or battery than the old BBM? Maybe it's me but BBM seems to use more resources than I recall on OS10 devices.
    I don't think it's significant. Although the analytics can sometimes run away with resources - but not much you can do about that.
    07-09-17 12:12 PM
    I don't think it's significant. Although the analytics can sometimes run away with resources - but not much you can do about that.
    Thanks you. Sorry but I don't know what the analytics running away means?
    07-09-17 12:17 PM
    Thanks you. Sorry but I don't know what the analytics running away means?
    Many apps collect information to help understand usage patterns which help developers address problems, needs, and gather metrics for potential advertisers.
    07-09-17 12:20 PM
    Got it thanks. So if you opted to pay the non-ad fee would that stop the data gathering and therefore resource drain?
    07-09-17 12:25 PM
    Got it thanks. So if you opted to pay the non-ad fee would that stop the data gathering and therefore resource drain?
    Nope.
    07-09-17 12:29 PM
    So, ya paid $550USD plus tax for your KEYone.
    You happen to 'like' to use BBM.
    Now you complain to spend $0.99 per month (less than $12 a year) to get rid of ads on BBM.
    So IMO those who complain are kinda cheapskate.
    07-09-17 06:42 PM
    Sad the way BBM has turned. I wouldn't pay to use a messaging app, just to kill ads - BBM at its core was never built on ads so given the fierce competition they think charging a fee is wise and gonna gain users lmao
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-09-17 07:00 PM
    Sad the way BBM has turned. I wouldn't pay to use a messaging app, just to kill ads - BBM at its core was never built on ads so given the fierce competition they think charging a fee is wise and gonna gain users lmao
    How is EMTEK supposed to pay its developers then? Any thoughts?
    07-09-17 07:02 PM
95 1234