That is B.S.! If you subscribe to the U Hub suit you should not have to pay for BBM as well. One should negate the other, that is just greedy or stupid, take your pick
    Why? BBM isn't BB anymore. It's now Emtek.
    07-08-17 07:34 PM
    Why? BBM isn't BB anymore. It's now Emtek.
    You can say that over and over again but the general perception to the rest of the world is that Blackberry is BBM.
    Even though I know what your saying I still connect the two and know that in a marketing perspective they are. So if they don't want to be blackballed they best get connected again and get the coupons flowing.
    07-08-17 07:58 PM
    You can say that over and over again but the general perception to the rest of the world is that Blackberry is BBM.
    Even though I know what your saying I still connect the two and know that in a marketing perspective they are. So if they don't want to be blackballed they best get connected again and get the coupons flowing.
    BB doesn't care. As far as they're concerned, it's Emtek's problem. As far as Emtek is concerned, if you're not generating them any revenue, why should they care if you leave?

It's like going to Starbucks to use free wifi and getting upset if they ask you to leave because you aren't spending any money and they need tables for paying customers.
    07-08-17 08:04 PM
    I was thinking about the same thing in morning. BBM could have put exception for BlackBerry Android devices.
    07-08-17 08:07 PM
    I was thinking about the same thing in morning. BBM could have put exception for BlackBerry Android devices.
    Why? Emtek doesn't want to support free loaders.... If you bought a property, you'd make the squatters pay rent or leave wouldn't you?
    07-08-17 08:11 PM
    BB doesn't care. As far as they're concerned, it's Emtek's problem. As far as Emtek is concerned, if you're not generating them any revenue, why should they care if you leave?

It's like going to Starbucks to use free wifi and getting upset if they ask you to leave because you aren't spending any money and they need tables for paying customers.
    Not a problem there are plenty of other options and soon they will be a memory
    07-08-17 08:12 PM
    Not a problem there are plenty of other options and soon they will be a memory
    Sure ok. I'm certain that none of them use ad revenue and they're free. They don't have bills or employees to pay....
    07-08-17 08:15 PM
    Sure ok. I'm certain that none of them use ad revenue and they're free. They don't have bills or employees to pay....
    Have you heard of Telegram?
    Don't think Whatsapp charges
    07-08-17 08:22 PM
    The ads are pissing me off also coming from an ad free Z30. if they offered a flat fee to get rid of ads permanently I would considering it. There is no way in hell I'm paying a monthly fee to get rid of them they can DIAF.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-08-17 08:25 PM
    The ads are pissing me off also coming from an ad free Z30. if they offered a flat fee to get rid of ads permanently I would considering it. There is no way in hell I'm paying a monthly fee to get rid of them they can DIAF.
    Lamo!
    Here! Here!
    07-08-17 08:28 PM
    No. You're just sharing all your information with Facebook and I'm sure they know how to monetize your data and your contact list. You know it's true, it's Android. Check your app permissions.

If you want free BBM, I'm sure you can still use the BB10 version.
    07-08-17 08:33 PM
    No. You're just sharing all your information with Facebook and I'm sure they know how to monetize your data and your contact list. You know it's true, it's Android. Check your app permissions.

If you want free BBM, I'm sure you can still use the BB10 version.
    My permissions are in check but Thank You for your concern.

Also using Signal
    07-08-17 08:50 PM
    My permissions are in check but Thank You for your concern.
    Not concerned. Merely commenting that you're willing to pay for other messenger apps with information. Pay for BBM same way, either with ads, information or money.

This idea that some other company owes you for using their product.

You came on here threatening leaving a company that won't provide you a completely free service. I'm merely pointing out, that no company wants your business if you can't pay for it somehow...
    07-08-17 09:03 PM
    Not concerned. Merely commenting that you're willing to pay for other messenger apps with information. Pay for BBM same way, either with ads, information or money.

This idea that some other company owes you for using their product.

You came on here threatening leaving a company that won't provide you a completely free service. I'm merely pointing out, that no company wants your business if you can't pay for it somehow...
    Don't remember threatening to leave out loud but sure, I may cause I won't pay a monthly fee.
    I don't remember paying for Whatsapp, Telegram or Signal but I would if I knew it was a one time fee. The fact that they want to pick words out of my unimportant conversations is not so much my concern. I don't do anything important on whatsapp
    Look at how Google targets us with ads from everything we search on the Web.

It was a stretch paying for the Blackberry suit of apps but in the end they offer the HUB, something that I can't find anywhere else so for me it's worth it.

Make no mistake though if another developer makes another HUB that is just as good or better with a one time fee they will win my support over Blackberry. It's the principal of making a monthly payment for every app that upsets most of us.
    07-08-17 09:37 PM
    The ads don't seem too intrusive. They just appear in the chat list not in the chat itself. I don't know anyone that uses BBM extensively any more so I can't believe it's a big issue for most. I'm close to disabling mine to save resources.
    07-08-17 11:04 PM
    Believe it or not, me and wife was talking about pizza in BBM then I got pizza adv in feed section lol what a coincidence
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-08-17 11:17 PM
    Believe it or not, me and wife was talking about pizza in BBM then I got pizza adv in feed section lol what a coincidence
    Sorry. That was me. Free LGM shipping too!
    Uzi likes this.
    07-08-17 11:19 PM
    I don't see them in my chat list when I'm in there which isn't very frequent.
    Yep, but it's there and it's annoying.
    07-08-17 11:24 PM
    Yep, but it's there and it's annoying.
    BlackBerry KEYOne BBM ads-img_20170709_122955.jpg

IPhone 7 ad
    07-08-17 11:30 PM
    I don't see them in my chat list when I'm in there which isn't very frequent.
    You're among the luckier ones then, as it was only earlier I deleted one from my Chats. The ones in Feed I can't delete. Fortunately, I hardly use that portion of the app.
    07-09-17 02:07 AM
    One of the first things I did with my KEYone was disable BBM. There are so many messaging apps out there that not only offer better security and no adds
    Same here, but more because BBM data is stored on Google Clouds, no so thanks. BBM means nothing to me, disabled like any other google app on Keyone.
    07-09-17 02:45 AM
    Whatsapp - Facebook property, so no thanks, enough for them!
    Telegram - sold themselves recently to the russian govment.
    Russia Gets Telegram App to Register | Fortune.com

Using Signal so far, will see.
    07-09-17 02:51 AM
    Whatsapp - Facebook property, so no thanks, enough for them!
    Telegram - sold themselves recently to the russian govment.
    Russia Gets Telegram App to Register | Fortune.com

Using Signal so far, will see.
    Apparently the information submitted for registration is open source a free for all to see. The Russian government still has no way of accessing users information and the data is still not stored on Russian servers.

Take a gander....
    https://m.vk.com/wall1_1854483
    07-09-17 05:39 AM
    For an app's subscription fee to be worthwhile it has to provide the best experience/feature set not offered in competitors apps in order to justify paying for it
    07-09-17 08:50 AM
    You people are either ignorant or you're not reading the thread. BBM is licensed to EMTEK and is all handled overseas. The decision to put ads in it is their choice not BlackBerry's. They're not even intrusive so it's pretty pathetic you're all whining over it. Do you have nothing going on in your life that a tiny banner ad is something you spazz over? Must be nice if that's all you have to worry about.
    07-09-17 09:01 AM
95 1234