Dear all,

I am blackberry keyone user, is hard to believe i spent so much money to buy this phone, but my BBM comes with ads. is this happened to everyone here? i try contact blackberry and blackberry mobile, they just push us around and never answer properly our question.

When i contact BBM support, they even says Blackberry KEYONE is not from Blackberry, so they serve ads. Advice me pay to remove ads. Are they serious? Don't tell us Blackberry get nothing out from every single Keyone been sold out there, with THAT kind of price tag.

is this really happen to all Keyone user? can someone help me please?

Thanks
    07-07-17 09:38 PM
    Yeah BBM on Android is full of ads either pay for ad free or use another messaging app
    07-07-17 09:41 PM
    I'm getting them too. I see a lot of ads on Android.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-07-17 09:42 PM
    Yep that pissed me off also. I guess it's like the rest of Android, you have to shell out some cash in order to get all your apps ad free. Not sure what BlackBerry is charging but a good cup of coffee should do it.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 10:11 PM
    EMTEK licences BBM from BlackBerry, so it is EMTEK (not BlackBerry) that is charging 99cents a month for ad-free on Android.
    07-07-17 10:14 PM
    EMTEK licences BBM from BlackBerry, so it is EMTEK (not BlackBerry) that is charging 99cents a month for ad-free on Android.
    Who's emtek?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 10:24 PM
    Who's emtek?

Posted via CB10
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emtek
    07-07-17 10:25 PM
    Simply don't use it. Subscription method for only ads removal isn't really worth it.
    07-07-17 11:03 PM
    Simply don't use it. Subscription method for only ads removal isn't really worth it.
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 11:20 PM
    The ads are only shown in the feed section. Not sure why everybody is complaining about it. I don't ever open that section so don't ever see them.
    07-08-17 04:46 AM
    The ads are only shown in the feed section. Not sure why everybody is complaining about it. I don't ever open that section so don't ever see them.
    It's in chat list too
    07-08-17 05:32 AM
    I had ads on my PRIV BBM too so it's everywhere. It's part of their plan to monetize BBM and either make money with ads or make money by you getting a subscription
    07-08-17 06:06 AM
    I don't care for the ads but the cost to remove them is rather excessive $1 per month?!!! Give me a $5 forever option and I'd consider it.
    07-08-17 07:11 AM
    Dear all,

I am blackberry keyone user, is hard to believe i spent so much money to buy this phone, but my BBM comes with ads. is this happened to everyone here? i try contact blackberry and blackberry mobile, they just push us around and never answer properly our question.

When i contact BBM support, they even says Blackberry KEYONE is not from Blackberry, so they serve ads. Advice me pay to remove ads. Are they serious? Don't tell us Blackberry get nothing out from every single Keyone been sold out there, with THAT kind of price tag.

is this really happen to all Keyone user? can someone help me please?

Thanks
    Don't use it. There are better, more secure messaging services.
    Matt J and Barbareren like this.
    07-08-17 07:38 AM
    In chat list too. But it doesn't matter, I don't ever use it(bbm) anymore.
    07-08-17 08:43 AM
    Ads on a BLACKBERRY Device is only limited to BBM right? I'm not willing to pay for the hub and all of the others

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 08:47 AM
    Ads on a BLACKBERRY Device is only limited to BBM right? I'm not willing to pay for the hub and all of the others

Posted via CB10
    Many apps, including BBM, have ads. But if you subscribe to the HUB suite (or own a BlackBerry Android device), the HUB suite apps will be ad-free.
    07-08-17 08:51 AM
    One of the first things I did with my KEYone was disable BBM. There are so many messaging apps out there that not only offer better security and no adds, but also have way more users. Myself and many others see no reason to use BBM in 2017.

BBM used to be the best, now its continued existence is just embarrassing.
    Uzi and Barbareren like this.
    07-08-17 08:55 AM
    Hub, Launcher, Contacts, Calendar, Device Search, Keyboard, DTEK, Privacy Shade, Productivity Tab, Tasks, Notes, Notable, Password Keeper are free with a BlackBerry Android Device.

BBM is standalone and need to be paid for the get it add free.
    07-08-17 08:58 AM
    Hub, Launcher, Contacts, Calendar, Device Search, Keyboard, DTEK, Privacy Shade, Productivity Tab, Tasks, Notes, Notable, Password Keeper are free with a BlackBerry Android Device.

Thank you for clarifying, I was so not going to buy it if knowing it was a BLACKBERRY I still had to pay for their apps add free lol

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 09:05 AM
    Thank you for clarifying, I was so not going to buy it if knowing it was a BLACKBERRY I still had to pay for their apps add free lol

Posted via CB10
    No problem.
    Loads of good stuff comes with a BlackBerry Android device.

I finally said goodbye to my Passport since the KEYone.
    No regrets so far
    07-08-17 09:08 AM
    about to delete BBM from device. this after realizing that I'd have to pay a monthly subscription to remove ads. whatever happened to a one-time fee, huh? don't know wth they snorting over at blackberry these days.
    07-08-17 10:15 AM
    about to delete BBM from device. this after realizing that I'd have to pay a monthly subscription to remove ads. whatever happened to a one-time fee, huh? don't know wth they snorting over at blackberry these days.
    Send an email to EMTEK, as BlackBerry has nothing to do with it.
    07-08-17 10:26 AM
    In chat list too. But it doesn't matter, I don't ever use it(bbm) anymore.
    I don't see them in my chat list when I'm in there which isn't very frequent.
    07-08-17 11:27 AM

That is B.S.! If you subscribe to the U Hub suit you should not have to pay for BBM as well. One should negate the other, that is just greedy or stupid, take your pick
    07-08-17 07:22 PM
95 123 ...