Hi

Have had my keyone for around 2 years. In the last couple of days the battery has suddenly started draining really quickly, no problem with this at all before that, in fact the battery was absolutely amazing.

I don't even know where to start or what to do?

I've literally charged it. Picked it up, was on full charge, have sent a couple texts and found this forum online and in those few minutes am down to 95 percent already!

Help please and thank you
    04-14-21 09:09 AM
    Hi

Have had my keyone for around 2 years. In the last couple of days the battery has suddenly started draining really quickly, no problem with this at all before that, in fact the battery was absolutely amazing.

I don't even know where to start or what to do?

I've literally charged it. Picked it up, was on full charge, have sent a couple texts and found this forum online and in those few minutes am down to 95 percent already!

Help please and thank you
    After a few hours, go to your battery screen and see which app(s) is/are sucking all the juice.

If it's nothing in particular, it may be time for a new battery.
    04-14-21 09:18 AM
    I've had a look last night, I think YouTube but also it was totally fine until a couple of days ago! battery was totally normal now this very fast drain.

I did drop it the other day but it has a case on so surely it's not that?
    04-14-21 09:21 AM
    I've had a look last night, I think YouTube but also it was totally fine until a couple of days ago! battery was totally normal now this very fast drain.

04-14-21 09:21 AM

Well, look again after a few hours. Posting your screen shot would be helpful.

But batteries can go suddenly when they reach a certain point too.
    04-14-21 09:30 AM
    It can't hurt to also reboot from time to time. The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is so much faster than my Priv (lol) that I got used to doing it pretty much at the first sign of trouble, like if apps start to get a bit too sluggish or I see buggy behavior (usually ends up happening every few days or so, on avg)
    04-14-21 10:13 AM
    Well, look again after a few hours. Posting your screen shot would be helpful.

But batteries can go suddenly when they reach a certain point too.
    Especially if you drop the phone.... a case offers some protection, but things happen.

I'd check for app updates...
    32second reboot...
    Check battery usage to see what are the top consumers... if YouTube, stop using it so much. See again in 12 hours - might need to remove and reinstall the app. Might need to just remove it for a week and see if there is a fix.

Might consider a Factory Reset.... might need a new battery..... might need....
    04-14-21 10:23 AM
    Trying clearing cache on Google Play services. That one is sometimes an offender for my battery life. In general, good to clear out cache on all apps from time to time (SD Maid from the Play Store can automate this).

Start with less drastic steps first just to rule things out. But as others have said, a battery can just go. A new battery, if you rule out everything else, is easy to install and can make a world of difference.
    04-15-21 09:23 AM
    I had the same problem. Ordered a new battery 🔋 on eBay. An original it was advertised for. Paid € 16 and looked on YouTube how to replace it. This went fine but after replacing the backcover, the little teeth broke off and the backcover did not get back in place properly. So I ordered a new backcover and now everything is fine. The battery usage is back to normal and excellent.
    04-22-21 05:31 AM
    I had the same problem. Ordered a new battery on eBay. An original it was advertised for. Paid € 16 and looked on YouTube how to replace it. This went fine but after replacing the backcover, the little teeth broke off and the backcover did not get back in place properly. So I ordered a new backcover and now everything is fine. The battery usage is back to normal and excellent.
    Almost impossible to remove that back cover without breaking those cheap plastic tabs.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-22-21 09:00 AM