Hi.
    On my old blackberry I was able to set a default ringtone for all incoming phone calls. I was also able to set a separate ringtone for each family member who texts me. On my new Blackberry Key2 LE I set a default ringtone for phone calls. I also set the ringtones for SMS messages for family members. The default ringtone for phones is being overridden by the SMS ringtones for family members. I want the phone ringtone to be the default no matter who is phoning me. Does that make sense? Is it possible to do on the Key2 LE?
    Thanks for your help.
    05-24-20 08:29 PM
    To set custom sonnerie for specific contacts on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, complete the following steps:

1. On the home screen of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone, open Contacts.
    2. Select the contact to which the custom ringtone is to be added.
    3. Tap Edit.
    4. Scroll to the bottom of the Edit Contact screen and tap Ringtone and Notifications.
    5. Select the desired ringtone settings from the drop-down lists.
    6. Tap Back.
    7. Tap Save.
    Last edited by JaydaSchinner; 09-26-20 at 03:55 AM.
    09-21-20 11:21 PM
    Hi.
    On my old blackberry I was able to set a default ringtone for all incoming phone calls. I was also able to set a separate ringtone for each family member who texts me. On my new Blackberry Key2 LE I set a default ringtone for phone calls. I also set the ringtones for SMS messages for family members. The default ringtone for phones is being overridden by the SMS ringtones for family members. I want the phone ringtone to be the default no matter who is phoning me. Does that make sense? Is it possible to do on the Key2 LE?
    Thanks for your help.
    What SMS app are you using? You would need to assign a notification through it, and not the contacts app as I'm assuming you had done?
    09-22-20 10:38 AM
    Hi. Thanks for the replies.
    I am using Messages for the SMS app. The ringtone works well for text messages (except the volume, but that is another issue). And yes, it was set up through Contacts. The problem is the phone ring tone. Are you saying that assigning a ring tone through Messages would help the phone ring tone?? I want the default phone ring tone to override the SMS ring tone for family members.
    Thanks for your help.
    09-22-20 07:40 PM
    Hi. Thanks for the replies.
    I am using Messages for the SMS app. The ringtone works well for text messages (except the volume, but that is another issue). And yes, it was set up through Contacts. The problem is the phone ring tone. Are you saying that assigning a ring tone through Messages would help the phone ring tone?? I want the default phone ring tone to override the SMS ring tone for family members.
    Thanks for your help.
    If you set a custom ringtone for a contact via the contacts app, it will always use that tone whenever said contact interacts with you.
    So if you want a custom tone only for SMS messages, you'll need to assign it via the SMS app.
    09-23-20 05:50 AM
    Thank you! That worked!
    Any chance you know how to adjust the volume for the Messages app? The volume buttons on the side do not work for text messages.
    09-23-20 09:10 PM
    Thank you! That worked!
    Any chance you know how to adjust the volume for the Messages app? The volume buttons on the side do not work for text messages.
    Press a volume button once to display the slider, then touch the small down arrow on the far right end of the slider to reveal some more volume sliders. The one under Notification will control SMS notifications.
    You can also find this menu by going to Settings -> Sound.
    09-24-20 04:30 PM
    Thanks. You are a fountain of great information!
    Is there anyway to tie the SMS volume into the volume buttons on the side of the phone?
    09-24-20 08:06 PM
    Thanks. You are a fountain of great information!
    Is there anyway to tie the SMS volume into the volume buttons on the side of the phone?
    Ah, that would be nice. There may be some apps on the Play Store with the ability to do it, I've looked around a bit and there seem to be some that are able to. It just doesn't bother me enough to download another extra app just for this purpose.
    09-24-20 08:38 PM
    I will check the Play Store.
    Thank you so much for all the help. It was very much appreciated.
    09-24-20 08:44 PM