Was at my local best buy in NYC today and noticed the key one on display. It brought back great memories of all the blackberry devices I had in the past so I decided I buy a 64gb black edition on Amazon to try out. It'll arrive today.. for those of you using this device, is it worth buying in 2018?

It looks incredible in all black. I'm excited to try it out
    IndianTiwari and Carjackd like this.
    02-24-18 04:03 PM
    It is a great phone, if you dont mind about top spec and love they pkb then you can't go wrong with a keyOne, just make sure give it sometime to get a good fair evaluation of it.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-18 04:17 PM
    It is a great phone, if you dont mind about top spec and love they pkb then you can't go wrong with a keyOne, just make sure give it sometime to get a good fair evaluation of it.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. It's what I am expecting. I know it has a lower spec processor but it will serve my needs as I am not a big gamer. Just emails, social media, occasional youtube, some pictures, and lengthy conversations over text. Perhaps a Netflix show here and there...
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-24-18 04:25 PM
    I wasn't thrilled with my PRIV, but the black KeyOne is turning out to be a really nice phone. keyboard is wider, overall build quality is better. only thing I miss is the Privs OLED screen.

it's still no Passport, but for an Android phone it's alright.
    joseanmx likes this.
    02-24-18 05:32 PM
    I wasn't thrilled with my PRIV, but the black KeyOne is turning out to be a really nice phone. keyboard is wider, overall build quality is better. only thing I miss is the Privs OLED screen.

Did you get rid of your passport? I had all 3...
    02-24-18 06:32 PM
    Was at my local best buy in NYC today and noticed the key one on display. It brought back great memories of all the blackberry devices I had in the past so I decided I buy a 64gb black edition on Amazon to try out. It'll arrive today.. for those of you using this device, is it worth buying in 2018?

In 2018? On discount, yes. Regular price? Maybe not right now.

MWC might reveal a KEYtwo or new keyboard device from BlackBerry Mobile so your mileage may vary.
    02-24-18 06:51 PM
    Did you get rid of your passport? I had all 3...
    Nah, I'll keep it around to use whenever I miss BB10. If I ever stop using it I'll probably put it in a picture box with my red Z10, and a red Q10 if I can ever find the parts again.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    02-24-18 07:04 PM
    I don't believe a key 2 is being announced but we shall see. I think a higher spec key 1 such as the black or bronze will be unveiled instead along with a few touch screen devices
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-24-18 07:09 PM

I love this ^^^
    Qorax and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    02-24-18 07:33 PM
    I don't believe a key 2 is being announced but we shall see. I think a higher spec key 1 such as the black or bronze will be unveiled instead along with a few touch screen devices
    Hopefully TCL/BBMo will announce the release of an upgraded KEYone... KEYtwo with much improved spec's, etc.

If not I will be moving on from BlackBerry devices and resign myself to the reality I will be typing on glass... 😞

Bob
    The_Passporter likes this.
    02-24-18 07:57 PM
    I'll ask: what specs do you want or NEED improved? Is it too slow? Screen/keyboard too small? Battery life too short? Are those issues such that you have to "resign yourself to typing on glass!???"

I used my KeyOne everyday while in Norway. I had anticipated not using a lot of data so grabbed "Here We Go" app and maps of Oslo for offline use. While walking to our destination I used that app (data off) and also Nogago Tracks to track our walk for the return to the hotel and to measure the walk. I used Nogago every ski day to map the tour and track mileage. I used the Kindle app to read my book when away from the Kindle. And I listened to music. Within wifi range I used it for bbm and email and I took quite a few pictures and shipped some of them off. It seemed to suffice but I may not be demanding in other ways.
    BigAl_BB9900 and IndianTiwari like this.
    02-24-18 11:34 PM
    Hopefully TCL/BBMo will announce the release of an upgraded KEYone... KEYtwo with much improved spec's, etc.

If not I will be moving on from BlackBerry devices and resign myself to the reality I will be typing on glass... 😞

Bob
    CB rejected my original post as Spam. So I've butchered it to reply!
    02-24-18 11:35 PM
    I have a Black K1 and Samsung Note 8. The Note 8 has better screen, camera, specs and S-pen. BUT for me the K1 is better size wise and notice no significant difference in speed for the same apps I use. I don't play games on either phone. Battery life on K1 is also better than Note 8. Emails are my main priority so K1 with its PKB cannot be beat. The Note wins when marking up PDF files and of course camera is better than the K1. I find I use the K1 90% of the time and I've now sold my Note 8. Bixby and the horrible ocation of finger print sensor on the Note 8 are also the negatives of this phone. K1 finger print sensor and customisable key are more practical.
    02-24-18 11:45 PM
    I have a Black K1 and Samsung Note 8. The Note 8 has better screen, camera, specs and S-pen. BUT for me the K1 is better size wise and notice no significant difference in speed for the same apps I use. I don't play games on either phone. Battery life on K1 is also better than Note 8. Emails are my main priority so K1 with its PKB cannot be beat. The Note wins when marking up PDF files and of course camera is better than the K1. I find I use the K1 90% of the time and I've now sold my Note 8. Bixby and the horrible ocation of finger print sensor on the Note 8 are also the negatives of this phone. K1 finger print sensor and customisable key are more practical.
    And this is why I'm getting rid of my note 8!
    nglfmark, bluesqueen23 and phuoc like this.
    02-25-18 01:27 AM

If not I will be moving on from BlackBerry devices and resign myself to the reality I will be typing on glass...

Bob
    Why? KEYone black edition is good enough for most people's needs...Just make sure those animations are down to 0.5x.
    02-25-18 02:41 AM
    Why? KEYone black edition is good enough for most people's needs...Just make sure those animations are down to 0.5x.
    Wich animations are you referring to and why should they be down to .5x?
    02-25-18 02:50 AM
    Just powered up the device and I'm loving it! It seems that it'll take some getting used to. I'll continue posting on this thread as time progresses.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-25-18 02:55 AM

Congratulations ! Great choice. KeyOne though is completing one year but is great value for money . 4 'Ps' Performance , Productivity , Peerless battery & PKB makes the device unique. Always do what which makes you happy and this a great choice indeed .
    phuoc likes this.
    02-25-18 06:03 AM
    Just powered up the device and I'm loving it! It seems that it'll take some getting used to. I'll continue posting on this thread as time progresses.
    Congratulations again. Keep us posted with your thoughts.
    02-25-18 06:06 AM
    Congratulations again. Keep us posted with your thoughts.
    Thanks. Just trying to figure out my email setup.. I have the Gmail app as well as the hub so I'm going to have to disable notifications from one of them.
    02-25-18 09:01 AM
    Wich animations are you referring to and why should they be down to .5x?
    You have to enable Developer Mode and then scroll to find Animations. If you turn them off completely, it can affect some apps that use animations to display info or content including the Green Half circle when you attach to a charger.

Main Settings, About...

Enable developer options by tapping on your build number multiple times.
    02-25-18 09:02 AM
    I'll ask: what specs do you want or NEED improved?
    First FF22 I want to say with my limited hands on experience with the KEYone, I find it to be a decent device for TCL/BBMo's first go with a slab phone with a PKB. Aside from the screen issue at launch, which they have by all accounts remedied, the KEYone has been performing well in the marketplace from all that I have read. Hopefully in the future, as things move forward, availability here in the US will be improved as well for TCL/BBMo offerings.

That being said, having used my Priv since launch in November 2015, I personally don't see a significant improvement/upgrade to what I am currently achieving with my Priv. Yes, this is subjective, but to invest in a new device I want something that will give me the "wow factor." I just don't get that with the current offering in the KEYone.

I would like to see an improved screen/AMOLED, upgraded processor, a bump in RAM and internal memory to name a few things on my desired list. Not a lot to ask in my opinion but I'm hoping some or all and possibly more would be in store with the next generation from TCL/BBMo for the KEYone.

I just couldn't get excited enough with the KEYone to pull the trigger and transition from my Priv.... no doubt if I had I would have been pleased, but my Priv is still plugging away and providing me good service and I am in the waiting queue for what TCL/BBMo will release in the near future. I am a BlackBerry loyalist and have been for well over a decade... I want a device that will give me the excitement like I felt with the Bold 9900.

So I will sit back and wait and see if any announcement will come from TCL/BBMo at the MWC 2018, or soon after. My fingers are crossed and I am holding on to high hopes they will release a new upgraded KEYone that I will feel excited enough about to invest in.

Bob
    FF22 and ppeters914 like this.
    02-25-18 09:29 AM
    I just purchased the limited black edition and selling my note 8 I just miss that BlackBerry experience.
    terminatorx likes this.
    02-25-18 11:47 AM
    I just purchased the limited black edition and selling my note 8 I just miss that BlackBerry experience.
    I bought a K1 silver then sold that and bought K1 Black (4G RAM and 64GB). Then had to try the Note 8....and hated it except for the camera and S-pen. Found the Note 8 was in my draw most of the time so sold it. Note 8. too big, too heavy, Bixby is terrible and so is the finger print sensor location. K1 Black is fantastic. Everything works...(except the contacts app is a little flaky).
    terminatorx likes this.
    02-25-18 06:37 PM
    I can answer this in one word: Absolutely.
    02-25-18 09:16 PM
45 12