Has anyone said this to you when they looked at your KeyOne?

Or....I didn't know they still made phones.

Love it, love the KeyOne (For the most part!)
    08-10-17 10:08 AM
    They always say that or " I thought BlackBerry was bankrupt"
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    08-10-17 10:13 AM
    I get that quite a bit.
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    08-10-17 10:24 AM
    They don't make phones.... they licenses their name and IP out to others.
    08-10-17 11:01 AM
    I have heard it as well, and besides mine, I can say the same thing.
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    08-10-17 11:23 AM
    Same over here in Ireland. In fact I went into a o2 phone shop to try and get a look at the keyone and was told " no we don't do blackberry".
    08-10-17 11:47 AM
    it happens all the time to me, or people think BlackBerry went out of business haha
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    08-10-17 01:37 PM
    What I like to do, while at the cashier somewhere, is to ask if they have "BlackBerry Pay" on their registers. I usually get a confused look followed by a "no" or "definitely not." Then I hold my phone up and the payment goes through.

Turns a few heads, even if BlackBerry Pay isn't a real thing.
    rarsen, Vaughn Mises and herr_tan like this.
    08-10-17 02:28 PM
    What I like to do, while at the cashier somewhere, is to ask if they have "BlackBerry Pay" on their registers. I usually get a confused look followed by a "no" or "definitely not." Then I hold my phone up and the payment goes through.

Turns a few heads, even if BlackBerry Pay isn't a real thing.
    So I'm guessing Android Pay works on the KEYone?

Good to know! Might set it up one day
    08-10-17 02:57 PM
    So I'm guessing Android Pay works on the KEYone?

Good to know! Might set it up one day
    With mine going all the way back to my Z30, Passport, DTEK60 and now KEYᵒⁿᵉ... my TD Visa always had "tap and pay".

My other banks RBC, Vancity and ScotiaBank also allow their debit and credit cards to utilize tap and pay as far back when UGO app allowed TD Visa cards on their BB10 app.

I prefer using the Banks direct from nfc device payment instead of Android/Google knowing all of my banking and credit card info. All they have is one CCard to pay for apps etc...no need for them to know all my financial institutions that I deal with.

NO THANKS.
    08-10-17 04:17 PM
    This is what I hear; whether it was my Classic or now my Keyone; "is that a BlackBerry!???... wow! I so miss the keyboard...what a nice phone.. etc... " my question to them "why are you staying with your iPhone?" ... then I get a blank stare as if I raised some rebel idea against the Empire....
    dollface, Sigewif, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    08-10-17 10:39 PM
    This is what I hear; whether it was my Classic or now my Keyone; "is that a BlackBerry!???... wow! I so miss the keyboard...what a nice phone.. etc... " my question to them "why are you staying with your iPhone?" ... then I get a blank stare as if I raised some rebel idea against the Empire....
    Yeah, friends do that when they see my priv (and the passport before that) and they say how much they miss the keyboard and say they'll get a BlackBerry when their upgrade comes. And then they rock up with the latest iPhone or Samsung next time you see them.
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    08-10-17 10:45 PM
    I just started a new job, and have heard that at least eight times in since. lol.
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    08-10-17 11:38 PM
    I wonder if the passport and classic were re-released running Android if people would actually go and replace their iphones and galaxys with one?
    Im dreaming on both counts right?
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    08-11-17 02:37 AM
    I wonder if the passport and classic were re-released running Android if people would actually go and replace their iphones and galaxys with one?
    Im dreaming on both counts right?
    Does they replaced their iPhone and Galaxy with the KEYone ? Then you have your answer.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-17 04:55 AM
    Does they replaced their iPhone and Galaxy with the KEYone ? Then you have your answer.

Posted via CB10
    I did, sold my S7 exynos for the KEYOne...and not looking back. Slabs are boring, I feel like I redpilled lol.

Side note: the gaming performance on the KEYone (Adreno 506) is actually imo not that far behind the S7 exynos (Mali T880) for what it's worth. It can run GTA San Andreas (heaviest game at 2.4 gb stock) plus about 1 gb of modded textures (GTA V style) with very decent fps in low/med settings
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    08-11-17 05:01 AM
    Most the people I know, never owned a smartphone till after all touch devices became the standard in 2008/2009?

Think some here forget that even when BlackBerry was KING... that was only 80 million users. Today there are 2 Billion smartphone users, vast majority of them never used a BlackBerry or any other "keyboard" smartphone...
    08-11-17 08:13 AM
    Think some here forget that even when BlackBerry was KING... that was only 80 million users.
    Yup, and Apple sold almost that many iPhone 7's in a single quarter.
    08-11-17 09:45 AM
    All the time.
    08-11-17 09:48 AM
    Has anyone said this to you when they looked at your KeyOne?

Or....I didn't know they still made phones.

Love it, love the KeyOne (For the most part!)
    I was getting that when I first got the new BlackBerry Passport SE.
    08-11-17 11:52 AM
    Most the people I know, never owned a smartphone till after all touch devices became the standard in 2008/2009?

Think some here forget that even when BlackBerry was KING... that was only 80 million users. Today there are 2 Billion smartphone users, vast majority of them never used a BlackBerry or any other "keyboard" smartphone...
    The few, the proud. ;-)
    heidymadia likes this.
    08-11-17 11:53 AM
    The few, the proud. ;-)
    This^^ and if they don't say they didn't know they were still being made, but look knowingly at your phone and smile, you know that they are most likely "one of us." Then I say, "so you know about this phone?" They probably do. I have met 2 such people since I got my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Had it two months. The rest say something like, "I didn't know they still existed." Or "I thought they went out of business." Or "I didn't know they were still making them." (OK, for the detail people, yes, I at that I point may say something about BlackBerry licensing with a company to make them.) Many of them say they miss the keyboard.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 08-11-17 at 12:19 PM.
    08-11-17 12:05 PM
    It's a head turner here in australia. Such a shame it isn't marketed or carried by any carrier, i'm sure it would sell a lot .
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    08-11-17 12:57 PM
    It's a head turner here in australia. Such a shame it isn't marketed or carried by any carrier, i'm sure it would sell a lot .
    Giant zit on the nose is a head turner too....

Lack of marketing and carrier support is a result, not the cause.
    08-11-17 02:10 PM
    Exactly the same words....
    08-12-17 02:15 AM
29 12